IL-Chicago Police Officer Says She Feared Using Gun While Being Beaten Oct. 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Sorry, but I do not get it. Officers are watching her get beaten. Close enough and accurate enoug to taze. Only in America then they must shoot to kill but can taze but not shoot an extremity. The absurdity simply cannot be understood by me.
It's called deadly force for a reason, no police or army in any part of the world I am aware of is trained to shoot limbs to maim people.

1) it's not a practical target, like center mass.
2) it still gives an assailant opportunity to strike again.

Guns aren't magic death rays. What happens to humans when struck with a bullet is a wildly varied affair.

People can take several bullets and still have plenty of fight in them.

Drugs are a problem all over the world. Govts have criminals in charge all over the world . England and France have ghettos.

Yes they do. Most countries have ghettos. But do most countries have cities as violent as Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, New Orleans, Baltimore etc. etc..? These are among the most violent cities on the planet. The other ones are in places where most of us and our media would readily admit are run by corrupt governments where those in power are really just organized crime.

My point is that some think the answer is to whipe out the low life "urban criminals" , lock them up by the hundreds of thousands, broken windows policing, stop and frisk, regularly pull over "suspicious" vehicles. Ya know, good ole preventive policing, all the while leave the real criminals, the white collar type, to continue to do their thing. JMO

That is really what all these protests are about. JMO

Drugs and guns, and injustice and racism.

67677-oooh-thats-a-bingo-gif-g8U1.gif

If they can taze a guy, which cannot be accurate, I am to believe they cannot shoot a limb. They practice with bullseye targets , but yet cannot shoot an arm or leg which I feel is bigger than a little dot on a bullseye. Ok. Makes sense. Not!

If they can taze a guy, which cannot be accurate, I am to believe they cannot shoot a limb. They practice with bullseye targets , but yet cannot shoot an arm or leg which I feel is bigger than a little dot on a bullseye. Ok. Makes sense. Not!
Tasers will not go through one body and into another. Bullets can.

Tasers won't ricochet if you miss. Bullets can.

Tasers can't hit something a block away if you miss. Bullets can.

Use of a Taser does not indicate that it would be safe to use a firearm.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

But bullets can be used to kill unarmed people running away. Ok. Makes sense. NOT!

Very simple concept. If someone is struggling with someone else, both bodies are moving. You cannot shoot into that situation without risking the life of the innocent person.

I'm not sure where the confusion comes in.

Yeah...sorry, but at this point I have to assume you have no weapon training because this comment is very unrealistic. Being able to hit a bullseye on a target is pretty simple. Add in people moving, adrenaline, the ability of a stray bullet to kill someone or the bullet to pass trough the intended target , and it becomes very dangerous to shoot for limbs.

Don't get me wrong, because I truly feel for these police. I do have relatives in law enforcement and I fear for them daily. But, when would have been the proper time to shoot him? Before he was beating her, at that point it wasn't clear that lethal force was needed. When he was beating her, could she really have pulled out her gun and shot him, just him? I don't understand how this could have gone down any other way. jmo

Don't get me wrong, because I truly feel for these police. I do have relatives in law enforcement and I fear for them daily. But, when would have been the proper time to shoot him? Before he was beating her, at that point it wasn't clear that lethal force was needed. When he was beating her, could she really have pulled out her gun and shot him, just him? I don't understand how this could have gone down any other way. jmo

From what has been reported, at some point she knew she should shoot but feared backlash. So, IMO, there must have been a window of time she felt she could have shot him.

JMO

Did her partner attempt to pull him off of her? I'm interested in hearing his actions beyond tazer. Also, if he's holding her and he's being tazed, she's going to feel that...................................

Did her partner attempt to pull him off of her? I'm interested in hearing his actions beyond tazer. Also, if he's holding her and he's being tazed, she's going to feel that...................................

Yes. And info on his actions has been posted with links several times.

Again, he was punched first. He struggled with him too. He suffered a concussion, a broken thumb, pulled muscle...
Several cops tried to pull the man off of her.
I believe 3 were hospitalized and more were treated for minor injuries.
She may have felt the effects from the taser. I'm not sure.

P. Huff was feeling no pain because he was high on PCP.

ETA: actually, it was a TORN quad. Not a pulled quad. Dang. That's extremely painful.

Accurate information is gonna be tough to come by in this case. We were told this man was tazered 20x, which IMO is just not believable. Question everything!

Three officers were hospitalized, more were treated with injuries.
Question that???
GMAB

So sick of everything regarding LE being questioned. Even when someone attempts to kill them.

It's disgusting really.

JMO

I bet those cops injured themselves just to frame this fine upstanding citizen.

It's a conspiracy going back years.
People and hospitals have been giving this poor man PCP. Lying about him assaulting them. Padding his charges.
When none of that worked, they beat the hell out of each other almost to the point of death just to hassle this poor man.

LE is the devil!!!

* if this is the way our world is thinking, we are all in trouble.

It was Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson. Link below has press conference. (Superintendent Johnson, by the way, is black.) There is no obvious or valid reason, IMO, to doubt Supt. Johnson's truthfulness. At the time of the press conference, all 3 officers were hospitalized. None of them have said the Superintendent misrepresented their words, and none of them have given interviews to media (with good reason).

The union did not comment, so cannot be accused of bias in this case.

http://abc7chicago.com/1543015/

Actually, the union did comment, so I suppose they can be accused of bias in this case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ar-of-media-uproar-says-chicago-police-chief/

From the bond hearing:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...s-parta-huff-held-without-bond-396405051.html

Huff first punched the male officer, who ended up deploying his Taser, Santini said. After pulling out the prongs, Huff struggled with the female officer and allegedly knocked her to the ground. Huff ended up on top of the officer and started punching her in the face, Santini said.

Then he continued by grabbing her hair and slamming her head on the concrete, Santini said.

The female officer’s partner intervened and got in between her and Huff. He even deployed his Taser again, but Huff continued with the assault against the female officer, Santini said.
By this time, more officers came to the scene and were able to pull Huff of the female officer by his legs. Still Huff held onto her hair, Santini said.

Huff was Tasered a third time as he struggled with the officers, Santini said. One of the other officers ended up getting burned as a result, Santini said.

Is the State's Attorney lying, too?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This lady was beat within inches of death. What does bias have to do with this case AT ALL?

This is a pretty simple thing to understand. He's a criminal. He put 3 cops in the hospital. Hopefully their injuries will heal quickly and this monster will go down for attempted murder.

Where does bias come in?

Accurate information is gonna be tough to come by in this case. We were told this man was tazered 20x, which IMO is just not believable. Question everything!

Question: She said she knew she should have shot him, but when would she have shot? When in this scene is there a space for her to have gone for her weapon but decided no, it will bring too much scrutiny to the department and her family?

The female officer eventually went over to Huff and was able to cuff his left wrist. But when she went to his right wrist, he started attacking, Santini said.
Huff first punched the male officer, who ended up deploying his Taser, Santini said. After pulling out the prongs, Huff struggled with the female officer and allegedly knocked her to the ground. Huff ended up on top of the officer and started punching her in the face, Santini said.

The female officer’s partner intervened and got in between her and Huff. He even deployed his Taser again, but Huff continued with the assault against the female officer, Santini said.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...s-parta-huff-held-without-bond-396405051.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim