IL - Child, 9, charged in fire deaths of 5 people, Goodfield, 6 Apr 2019 #2

Bumping up - just in case someone has heard anything about the last hearing & maybe the next one?

TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

I’m sorry @Niner. I missed your earlier post.I can’t find any new updates either
*Nov 2023:
“To paraphrase what the State said at the discharge hearing, respondent would have to be ‘the unluckiest kid in the world’ because fires seem to ignite wherever he goes, regardless of whom he is around. Accordingly, a rational trier of fact could easily have found on this evidence the elements of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt,” wrote Judge Robert Steigmann with Judges Peter Cavanagh and Amy Lannerd concurring.

The ruling means Feeney’s decision stands and the boy will keep undergoing mental health treatment as previously ordered.

Last edited:
I’m sorry @Niner. I missed your earlier post.I can’t find any new updates either
*Nov 2023:
“To paraphrase what the State said at the discharge hearing, respondent would have to be ‘the unluckiest kid in the world’ because fires seem to ignite wherever he goes, regardless of whom he is around. Accordingly, a rational trier of fact could easily have found on this evidence the elements of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt,” wrote Judge Robert Steigmann with Judges Peter Cavanagh and Amy Lannerd concurring.

The ruling means Feeney’s decision stands and the boy will keep undergoing mental health treatment as previously ordered.

No problem in not seeing my first post! :D I shall be back in a few weeks - maybe something will appear! And thank you for taking the time to look. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SalmonElla
Back