IL IL - Debbie Fijan, 10, DuPage County, 11 Feb 1966 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who "served" on the Grand Jury for Debbie's case? This information may have been mentioned in a previous WS post (?). Most likely this "list", if there ever was one, has been destroyed by now (DP Cnty. Courthouse, Statute of Limitations?). I'm still very curious about this, along with school board members (if they existed) at the time LS was hired @ Benjamin.

Does anyone know who "served" on the Grand Jury for Debbie's case? This information may have been mentioned in a previous WS post (?). Most likely this "list", if there ever was one, has been destroyed by now (DP Cnty. Courthouse, Statute of Limitations?). I'm still very curious about this, along with school board members (if they existed) at the time LS was hired @ Benjamin.

I made an attempt to find the school board members and I had no luck.

I have no idea about the grand jury.

As far as I can remember, that's the first I've read about a boot print in LS's car. That the wife would claim that she made the print is no surprise however.
We know LS had a history of bad behavior by the time of Debbie's murder through his own statements, we've just never been able to determine what exactly (besides *advertiser censored*) he was doing. I'm guessing the wife knew, though....

Grand juries in IL are "anonymous" to protect the participants and to help ensure their impartiality. I read that somewhere during our investigation into Debbie's murder.

As far as I can remember, that's the first I've read about a boot print in LS's car. That the wife would claim that she made the print is no surprise however.
We know LS had a history of bad behavior by the time of Debbie's murder through his own statements, we've just never been able to determine what exactly (besides *advertiser censored*) he was doing. I'm guessing the wife knew, though....

I wonder if he (suspect) got into any trouble after this...

Most likely, the individuals that served on the Grand Jury (if living) are >75 years old. While I completely understand that GJ lists are anonymous, I question why these lists, after almost 48 years have to remain "sealed"; especially if Debbie's case has been reopened and is under "investigation". Black's Law Dictionary (5th Edition) defines Impartial as: "favoring neither; disinterested; treating all alike; unbiased; equitable, fair, and just". Debbie never received the justice she deserved. Were the GJ participants Impartial when they determined that there wasn't enough evidence for Debbie's "case" to go to a jury trial, or is it possible that some of them were "influenced" or "swayed" during the GJ "trial" (e.g. JS friends, relatives, etc.)? The fact that the murder weapon was never found should not have been the sole reason in preventing the case from going to trial. Are the current "investigators" afraid of finding something/someone listed in these sealed GJ lists that might have a negative effect on DPCnty? Potential lawsuits? Any "Sleuth Attorneys" out there? What does it take to get these records opened? Hire an Attorney? Hire a PI? What "connections" did JS and/or his relatives have in the community? More importantly, why does the "legal system" protect the defendant in so many instances, and not the victim?? I'm very frustrated!

Bump for Debbie.

I suggest anyone interested in this case to read both threads. I know it is a lot of pages but there is a lot of into in both threads.

Bump for Debbie.

I suggest anyone interested in this case to read both threads. I know it is a lot of pages but there is a lot of into in both threads.

Cold cases are never "reopened," though reporters write that all the time. An unsolved case is always open.

You would have been celebrating your 58th birthday today Debbie. Your life was cut way to short, and I will continue to do my best at obtaining justice for you and your family.

Happy Birthday Debbie. We have not forgotten you-nor have the detectives working your case. Whomever did this to you will face justice. Either in this world or the next.

"You are not dead, until you're forgotten". I wish you were here Debbie. There are so many "sleuthers", and other individuals that will not forget you.

"A life that touches others goes on forever". I didn't find out about Debbie's death until Saturday morning, 02-12-66. I truly can't believe it has been 48 years today. Her death was horrific, and I have no intention of giving up on her. I can only hope that any and all detectives from the DC Sheriff's Office that have investigated her case feel the same way.

Thinking of Debbie today. In fact, I have been thinking about her daily the last few weeks. Praying this is the year her case is finally solved. I know I'll never give up seeking justice for Debbie. The answers are out there. All it takes is one person to call in a tip, big or small, which might be the break LE needs to solve Debbie's case.

Praying those who have answers or knowledge of what happened to Debbie and who is responsible find the courage to make that call to LE.

Tipsters please call:
http://www.dupagesheriff.org/VictimServices/152/

Visited the new church across the street from Debbie's school this morning. Told my husband about this case.

I vaguely remember a "mapping" business, and a small pond in this general vicinity(?) - between St. Charles Rd. & 64. Many changes I'm sure in the last 45+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funeris antro