GUILTY IL - Dontrell Johnson, 14 mos, Chicago, 4 October 2010

Make me so mad I could just spit. Look at that precious face! Aww baby boy, I'm so sorry. Prayers for your Mommy and your family.

Take Donald Johnson out to the middle of the lake, drop him in. If he survives and makes it to shore, then let him go to jail.

If he dies the way he made Dontrell die, then oh well.

From the article Litlred posted.

Quarles told reporters earlier Thursday that Dontrell’s father was upset with her because she wouldn’t come spend time with him and the baby Wednesday night.

Quarles is the childs mother. This is so sad. It sounds as if he made the decision to do this because the childs mom wouldn't come see him and the baby.

RIP Dontrell. Prayers for his mom and other family who will greatly miss this beautiful child.

Unbelievably sad. What a horrible, heartless, person he is.

Its things like this that make me lose faith in the human race..... Now Why??? Please someone tell me why? This is so senseless.. When is good going to win out in this world? when are our precious innocent children going to stop being victims of evil sick monsters?

Just watched this tragedy on local news - the family is devastated, simply heartbroken. Looks like if he couldn't be with his x-wife back, he would punish her by taking baby's life.

All I can say is - what a pathetic, heartless, facsimile of a human being this dad is. moo

Vigil held for slain boy

As the sun set Sunday along the jagged lakefront near 68th Street in Chicago's South Shore community, Regina Quarles released a pair of doves in the name of her son, Dontrell Johnson, whose tiny body was found last week in Lake Michigan.

"I would like to thank the boater that found my baby," said Quarles, clutching a teddy bear and wearing a T-shirt decorated with her 14-month-old son's face. "If it wasn't for the boater, I would be lost.

full article at link

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...vigil-1011-20101010,0,4429871.story?track=rss

bumping for Dontrell. Found nothing in MSM articles regarding any trial. Nothing in IL corrections listed under dads name indicating he may have already been convicted.

I just sent an email to the Chicago Defender requesting they publish an update on this case in the media. Will post any updates I receive.

:bump:

Anyone see any news on this case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
|lighthouse|