IL IL - Haqikah 'Kekah' Suggs, 14, Joliet, 27 May 2007

Police found an unientified body of a young African-AMerican girl in Joliet, IL. Please see the link below. Someone knows this girl.. I fear though that she was here for the holiday and her family may not know she is missing yet.. http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/409935,4_1_JO01_SLAYING_S1.article

Mods I posted this in the crimes in the news area because I felt she deserved her own thread. I don't think it is fair to lump her in with Lisa Stebic.. Can she please have her own thread back pretty please!!!

When her body was first discovered as breaking news this thread was started in the Lisa Stebic forum. When it was released that it was not Lisa the thread was moved to the located forum. It's been here in this forum for days now. I merged your thread with this one since we're all looking for who this young lady is that hasn't been reported missing but yet is found.

Sorry about that I just saw all of the posting about Lisa Stebic and didn't relaize she already her own thread. Thank you. This one is close to my home so I have really taken an interest because of that. I really pray that this is not a child that her parents have just thrown away. My guess is drugs and gangs because of where she was found..

At least she can be put to rest now. I hope they figure out who did this soon!

How sad this poor baby went to the same school as my niece and and nephew neither knew her. But unfotunately this sounds like the case of another little girl trying to be an adult and was most likely at the wrong place at the wrong time. 14 and in 7th grade? That is a little old for that grade. And she lived with her 19 year old stepbrother. something is not right here..

A WEEK AFTER THE BODY OF A 14-YEAR-OLD JOLIET GIRL WAS FOUND, FAMILY AND FRIENDS GATHERED TO REMEMBER HER.

Far back in the wood line off U.S. 6 and Farrell Road, yellow police tape flies on the breeze -- the only reminder of the recent tragedy that cost Haqikah H. Suggs her life.

Following a candlelight vigil Sunday afternoon, dozens of the attendees walked the path the killer may have taken to leave the 14-year-old's body. Suggs' friend and classmate Sharnice Miller explained what the community lost when Suggs was violently killed.

"She was nice, she was a good person to be around when you are down," she said.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/412864,4_1_JO04_VIGIL_S1.article

Why does it seem nobody was looking out for this 14 yr old girl? Where were the parents?! Shame on them.

How incredibly sad.. that this little girl was drifting around between family members with no one watching over her as a parent should in my opinion.. so that when she went missing no one recognized sha was missing until the police composite was released. What if the stepbrother hadn't recognized her...? for cripes sake what is wrong with people dont they get it that kids at 14 are not adults and still need guidence that they are not responsible and that being out drinking at that hour of the night is a disaster waiting to happen. Kids are not disposable nor can you just wash your hands of all responsibility no matter what age.. and ceratinly 14 is too d**n young to let her wander around the bloody streets at all hours. This is criminal..it seems like it was just a matter of time before something happened.

*** sorry was on my soapbox again.. I'll be quiet now.

The city council has added $5,000 to the reward for information on the slaying of a 14-year-old girl whose burned body was found Memorial Day.

Crime Stoppers of Will County began offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the slaying of Haqikah H. Suggs. On Tuesday night, the council voted to increase the reward to $10,000.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/420833,4_1_JO09_REWARD_S1.article

<<A 12-year-old girl who identified herself to a reporter as a close friend said she last saw Haqikah at 12:40 a.m. May 27 at Larkin Village apartments, >>

And no one thought to report her missing...not parents, not relatives, not teachers?

This is so sad about this little girl, and as many of you have said, it is awful she was able to go missing for so long before someone in her family finally noticed.

I live in Joliet and know that the Larkin Village is not the safest place to be, even during the day, let alone at night (There are a lot of drugs going in and out of that place). I would venture to think that whomever committed the crime was someone she knew who might of been hanging out there for a party or maybe with some friends. And the location of the body is in an area makes you would think it would have to be someone from the area. Piltcher Park is a pretty large and winding, and unfortunately throughout the years has become kind of a scary place, atleast in my opinion and expeirences of being down there.

I just hope that they catch whomever did this. Murder is a heinous act period, but my heart always breaks when it is a child that was taking way before their time.

Seven weeks after her charred body was found, police still don't know who killed Haqikah Suggs.

The 14-year-old Hufford Junior High School student was last seen at a party early on May 26. Her body was found two days later near a horse trail in Pilcher Park. She'd been shot to death and brought to the park where her body was set on fire.

"We are diligently pursuing this investigation, but we have no persons of interest at this time," said Deputy Chief Patrick Kerr.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/470799,4_1_JO17_HOMICIDES_S1.article

~snip~

One of those deaths being investigated was the shooting death in May of Haquikah Suggs, who was in seventh grade at Joliet's Hufford Junior High School. Police said Suggs' body was found on a horse riding trail in Pilcher Park, NBC5's Renee Ferguson reported. Her body, which was found on May 25, had been placed in a plastic bag and set on fire, authorities said.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14759912/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

Police Target 5 Unsolved Murders

"Will County prosecutors plan to sit down Tuesday with representatives of three police agencies to discuss the unsolved murders of three black women and two girls, authorities said Monday.

Police are exploring the possibility that the slayings of three Joliet women, all of whom had histories of prostitution, are related. The bodies were left in public places after the women were slain at other locations, said Pat Barry, a spokesman for Will County Sheriff Paul Kaupas."

and

"The other two cases to be discussed are the May slaying of Haqikah Suggs, 14, of Joliet, whose body was found shot and burned in Joliet's Pilcher Park, and the August slaying of Kaylor Spells, 16, of Lockport Township, whose body was found in Lockport's Dellwood Park."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-willmurders_04dec04,1,5194819.story?ctrack=2&cset=true

Det. Frank Miller, 38, was found dead by his wife in his home Saturday morning. There were no signs of foul play. The cause of Miller's death is under investigation.

~snip~

Miller was a computer expert, Hayes said. He worked on cases such as tracking Internet sex predators or recovering evidence from computer hard drives. He also had been investigating the slaying of 14-year-old Haqikah H. Suggs.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/856785,4_1_JO23_MILLER_S1.article

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMae0823
Back