IL - Joliet, Female body near Cemetery, Nov 2018 - Danica Ford *Arrest*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Authorities are trying to determine the identity of a woman who was found dead near a Joliet-area cemetery in what has been ruled a homicide.

A hunter found the woman’s body in a wooded area on private property about 500 feet off Jefferson Street near Essington Road outside Joliet about 9 a.m. Monday, the Will County sheriff’s office said.

The coroner ruled the death a homicide Tuesday. Police said they were still trying to determine the woman’s identity but declined to release further details.
Hunter finds woman's body near Joliet-area cemetery; death ruled a homicide

On Wednesday evening, Joliet Patch interviewed Will County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Dan Jungles. He indicated sheriff's officials don't want to release much information about the investigation at this stage for strategic reasons.

Jungles remarked how "the bad guys read the papers too."

Three days into the investigation, the sheriff's office has not revealed how the female murder victim was killed.

However, the homicide victim found on Joliet's west side was not someone who had been missing for years. The body is not that of one of Will County's high-profile missing women such as Stacy Peterson of Bolingbrook, Lisa Stebic of Plainfield or Will County Sheriff's Deputy Robin Abrams, who vanished in 1990.

Murder Near Jefferson Street Update

I wonder about the state of the remains. (both sides aren't ready for the European privacy laws, so I cant read them) Maybe possible tattoos would be still notable? If so Latoya Wilson and Cheyann Klus have both tattoos, so maybe this would make a rule in, or out, easier.

However, the homicide victim found on Joliet's west side was not someone who had been missing for years. The body is not that of one of Will County's high-profile missing women such as Stacy Peterson of Bolingbrook, Lisa Stebic of Plainfield or Will County Sheriff's Deputy Robin Abrams, who vanished in 1990.
@Bit of hope
this is all they have said so far

@Bit of hope
this is all they have said so far

Thanks. The missing women mentioned in the article are missing for over 10 years. So it has to be someone missing more recently then that...but what is "years"? Could be between a month or approx. 5 years. For what I know now, it could be any female. I find Tracie Bell interesting, because of her work.

This was Danica in 2015:
Danica_Ford_ad_hoc.jpg

Concord's Danica Ford Headed to JWU

So young and so full of hope for her future. :(

RIP lovely Danica.

This was Danica in 2015:
Danica_Ford_ad_hoc.jpg

Concord's Danica Ford Headed to JWU

So young and so full of hope for her future. :(

RIP lovely Danica.

Ya, and he had a bright future too, before he threw it away.

Looks like they met in college, both athletes. He being 6'7" according to one of the JWU sites.

JWU Basketball Signs Central Carolina CC Transfer Deiontae McMillian

I'll never understand......never. Such potential, so much opportunity, wasted and two families will never be the same.

Wonder if someone can look at this article which I can't access due to EU rules:

All I can see is:
Deiontae Shawnrico McMillian, 24, of Fayetteville, N.C., will be charged on a warrant for concealing the homicidal death of Danica Shernay Ford, 22.

http://www.tribpub.com/gdpr/chicagotribune.com/

It says "will be charged" - just wondering if they have a date in there?

TIA!

Does this help, niner?

North Carolina man charged in killing of woman found in Joliet Township

McMillian was arrested Wednesday in North Carolina, and is charged with concealing a homicide. He will be extradited to Illinois and held in the Will County Adult Detention Facility as he faces trial.

IDK when he'll arrive in Illinois, I haven't seen any dates. I did read his bond is 2 million.

Danica's funeral was today: Ford, Danica Shernay

Her Obituary:
5595391_fbs.jpg

Obituary for Danica Shernay Ford at Lamb Funeral Home, Inc.

"She attended Cabarrus county Schools and graduated in 2015 from Concord High School. While in high school, Danica played basketball, volleyball, and was part of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Ministry. After high school, Danica attended Johnson and Wales University at charlotte where she played the positions of point guard and shooting guard on the women's basketball team. Danica also worked throughout her high school and college careers in the restaurant industry as a hostess and later became a waitress. She was known for her vibrant personality. Many people loved her and if anyone ever needed makeup tips, she was the influencer and expert."

:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic
Back