IL - Legacy Jones, Age 2 assaulted resulting in death, DeAngelo E Smith awaiting trial, Chahokia Heights, May 4, 2022

loveplace

Reaction score

Bit late but I wanted to start a thread for this lovely little one. She was a former foster child of a friend and I want to keep track of justice for her. Thought others might want to as well. This is my first time starting a thread here so I hope I did it right.

Bit late but I wanted to start a thread for this lovely little one. She was a former foster child of a friend and I want to keep track of justice for her. Thought others might want to as well. This is my first time starting a thread here so I hope I did it right.
This is what did me in....

"According to the latest report from the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) for the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), there were 122 child deaths in 2021 being reviewed where DCFS had prior contact with the family.

Carolyn Hubler is the executive director for the St. Clair County Children Advocacy Center. She can’t speak to this case specifically but says they work every day to put an end to child abuse and it is up to everyone to help.

“Two year olds can’t pick up the phone and say someone’s hurting me. But someone might notice a bruise or someone might notice a situation that’s looking pretty scary. People need to be able to reach out, we can’t say that’s not my problem,” said Hubler."

They knew this child was at risk.

Bumping as it's been a year. I am friends with her former foster mother on facebook, and it is all just so very very sad. Still hoping for justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes
Back