IL IL - Lisa Ann Carnes, 26, Massac Co, 30 March 1984

Fede

Reaction score
Lisa Ann Carnes’ nude body was found in a field in rural Massac County near Macedonia Church Road and U. S. Highway 45. She had been brutally murdered and left to die in a rural field. Carnes’ truck was later located roughly four miles from the site where her body was located. Her family tends to suspect that she knew her killer and had some connection with that killer.
Her pickup truck was found close to U.S. 45 and Illinois 169. Her clothes were found between the truck and a rural county road. A large amount of blood was found on the back porch of an unoccupied farmhouse. Her body was found about a quarter mile away. She died from a bullet to the back and the theory was that she ran to the farmhouse for help and finding no one there, fled through the field.
Here is more info on the case: Murder remains unsolved after 30 years

Daughter, son remember 30th anniversary of Karnak woman's unsolved murder

Death remains unsolved after 30 years - The Vienna Times

I went to Elementary School in Karnak, IL and saw this on a Facebook page called Cold Case America. Was any evidence ever found? I can't find much about this case. I wasn't even a year old when it happened.

I went to Elementary School in Karnak, IL and saw this on a Facebook page called Cold Case America. Was any evidence ever found? I can't find much about this case. I wasn't even a year old when it happened.
I am almost sure there might be some evidence. But there is not much info released about the case.

Lisa Ann Carnes’ nude body was found in a field in rural Massac County near Macedonia Church Road and U. S. Highway 45. She had been brutally murdered and left to die in a rural field. Carnes’ truck was later located roughly four miles from the site where her body was located. Her family tends to suspect that she knew her killer and had some connection with that killer.
Her pickup truck was found close to U.S. 45 and Illinois 169. Her clothes were found between the truck and a rural county road. A large amount of blood was found on the back porch of an unoccupied farmhouse. Her body was found about a quarter mile away. She died from a bullet to the back and the theory was that she ran to the farmhouse for help and finding no one there, fled through the field.
Here is more info on the case: Murder remains unsolved after 30 years

Daughter, son remember 30th anniversary of Karnak woman's unsolved murder

Death remains unsolved after 30 years - The Vienna Times
I am almost sure there might be some evidence. But there is not much info released about the case.
I just signed up and searched on Lisa Carnes. I only saw the three items from a while ago. Any more recent updates?
The abandoned farm house mentioned was where my grandparents before they passed away. My uncle checked on the place daily because he farmed the land. He discovered the blood and called the sheriff and was part of the search party.
Further down the road more blood was found in an old machine she’d where my dad kept his tractors and stuff. Lisa was found even further down the road and off in a field. My uncle says she was dumped out of a car after being shot and must have followed the lights to my grandparents. If she’d only walked in the other direction there was a house that was occupied. I was away in graduate school during this time but my mom says my uncle had theories but of course the case has never been solved. I keep hoping it will get picked up but it’s a small town/county.

I just signed up and searched on Lisa Carnes. I only saw the three items from a while ago. Any more recent updates?
The abandoned farm house mentioned was where my grandparents before they passed away. My uncle checked on the place daily because he farmed the land. He discovered the blood and called the sheriff and was part of the search party.
Further down the road more blood was found in an old machine she’d where my dad kept his tractors and stuff. Lisa was found even further down the road and off in a field. My uncle says she was dumped out of a car after being shot and must have followed the lights to my grandparents. If she’d only walked in the other direction there was a house that was occupied. I was away in graduate school during this time but my mom says my uncle had theories but of course the case has never been solved. I keep hoping it will get picked up but it’s a small town/county.
**BUMPING** in April 2024. This family needs justice. That was before we had access or knowledge of DNA. IF the family has anything left that belonged to Mrs. Carnes that might have hair or DNA, a hairbrush or something? Her kids should test their DNA and upload it to 23-and me. If the killer is still alive, there's a chance that maybe a hit could occur? I'm sure the truck she was in is long gone. I don't know if they got any fingerprints or any other evidence back then? Forensic science has come a long way, but the evidence may not exist? Praying for a miracle that this family gets answers! Is your uncle still alive? P.S. I lived in Dongola, Anna, and Carbondale from pre-school to half of 5th grade. I consider the people of that area to be family. Especially the Eudy family! Also, how did your father deal with this situation after your mom's death? I doubt your father was involved, but occasionally, if there are marital issues, it comes to a head in domestic violence. I don't say this lightly or to offend. I just want this family to get answers and justice, and I'm trying to touch all the bases.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice is coming
Back