IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tweet has a few photos of himself, his torso, his tattoos, and one very graphic, very hard core *advertiser censored* photo (that IS NOT of him).

Not sure why it even got linked to.

I am presuming that the photo was of him...am I correct? BARF. JMO

On 6:00pm ABC news, Chuck Goudie said that in response to questions about whether Lt.CG's family knew about what was going on, there was no comment. If Lt.CG's wife and perhaps his children didn't know anything, wouldn't Filenko have said so?
In the Q&A after the announcement, Filenko went out of his way NOT to answer any questions regarding the widow other than to say she has cooperated with the investigation. I don't think the 'kids' were mentioned.

The hard core *advertiser censored* is not his post. It is someone he followed, I think. His posts are all about him as well as some with social commentary.

Nice "family values" to model for your sons, too. PUKE JMO

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/...-faced-sexual-harassment-complaints-years-ago

"But more than a decade earlier, Gliniewicz was featured prominently in a little-noticed federal sexual harassment lawsuit. Fox Lake Police Officer Denise Sharpe accused Gliniewicz of offering to protect her job at the department in exchange for sexual favors.

Gliniewicz was suspended for a month from the department because of the relationship, but Fox Lake’s attorneys denied in court papers that Sharpe was forced to do anything."

"A judge dismissed Sharpe’s lawsuit in 2005 after she and her attorney repeatedly failed to make court dates and turn over evidence, records show. Sharpe couldn’t be reached for comment."

"Sharpe mentioned the Explorers program in her 2003 complaint against the Village of Fox Lake and its police department. She said she worked for the program under Gliniewicz’s supervision in 2000, and she said he was her officer in command at the time.

On Valentine’s Day in 2000, Sharpe said Gliniewicz called her to meet him at a hotel. That’s where she said Gliniewicz gave her a box of chocolates, rubbed her shoulders and pressured her to perform oral sex.

Sharpe said Gliniewicz warned her that a Fox Lake lieutenant didn’t like female officers. Gliniewicz allegedly told Sharpe he would protect her in return for sexual favors. Sharpe claimed she performed oral sex for Gliniewicz five times between February and October of 2000.

She said she made it clear she didn’t enjoy it, but she said Gliniewicz insisted and even offered to help her become an officer in charge.

Fox Lake’s lawyers acknowledged in court records the sexual relationship between Sharpe and Gliniewicz, as well as Gliniewicz’s suspension. But they denied Sharpe’s claim that she was forced to perform sexual favors in return for her job."

More at link.

Ummmm 4 kids for starters. She's not that big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mother had 5 kids & she weighed about 125 when she passed at 74, It's my opinion that Joe's wife has put on a large amount of weight since they dated/married. My sister weighed about 345 when she had gastro bypass, I would put Joe's wife close to that weight, and I would think most if not all Dr's would say she is obese. jmo idk

Text transcript:
3/27/15 – Messages between Gliniewicz and an LFL Executive
JG: “Between you and I, I’m having a great deal of problems with our new village administrator. I’ve had a talk with the chief and he agrees with me. Does the PD have to be the sponsor for the post? I’ve done some research and it’s not evident anywhere that a law enforcement organization has to sponsor an LE post. In fact I’ve seen 3 at competitions that were sponsored by other entities, and even a FD. Thoughts???”
LFL: “No you don’t have to be chartered by the city. Is there a rotary or something out there that would be supportive”
JG: “Yes, I’m working that issue today and through the weekend.. We have a new village administrator that is a power monger and is trying to control everything in the village. We are all looking at our pd retirement options and I need to move the post out of that span of control at least till this person’s contract is up.”
JG: “Thanks and what would you need since we are rechartering, just the organization and organization head info/signature? I’m keeping this under wraps for now, only you the chief, my wife and myself know this and I current want to keep it that way until the final decision is made”

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...riminal-Activity-340194422.html#ixzz3qZX6yGdJ
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

I believe his wife references are to the idea that he would be restructuring because he is being given a hard time by the administrator. His wife may or may not know but I am certain his kids did not. I am most sad for them to lose their hero. Lots of dads love *advertiser censored*, etc and that does not make them evil. But, to be a thief and abuse your position and duty.....

I don't understand what her weight has to do with anything.

Not much, just indicates personal issues.........JMO...and the fact that they were each others "rock" and "best friend" but he was so vain, and fitness oriented. Sort of a strange combo, but not out of the question.

Gliniewicz’s gun was discovered by responding officers about 2 ½ feet above his head, Filenko said, but the weapon was not recovered until nearly two hours after the officer’s death due to the overgrown grassy terrain.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/0...-officer-committed-suicide/?intcmp=latestnews

“Unless you literally walked up on to the weapon you wouldn’t find it,” Filenko said. Authorities didn’t announce until October that the officer was shot with his own weapon.

Agreed as well. He didn't steal, lie, cheat and kill himself because his wife is overweight.

As for his salary, having 5 kids myself and making a similar salary in a Midwest city, I can say that $100,000 goes really fast. I wish it didn't.

Having assumed this was suicide from early on I just find this all so sad. I was hoping it was more depression, mid-life crisis or just something other than being involved in criminal activity. I feel bad for his wife (assuming she didn't know) but feel worse for his kids. I can't imagine feeling like my dad didn't love me enough to stick around. I get that isn't necessarily how suicide works but I can imagine those left behind might feel that way.

Gliniewicz’s gun was discovered by responding officers about 2 ½ feet above his head, Filenko said, but the weapon was not recovered until nearly two hours after the officer’s death due to the overgrown grassy terrain.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/0...-officer-committed-suicide/?intcmp=latestnews

“Unless you literally walked up on to the weapon you wouldn’t find it,” Filenko said. Authorities didn’t announce until October that the officer was shot with his own weapon.

This just made me think of something. I wonder if the first shot to the vest was kind of a test shot. To see how far the gun would travel if he held it a certain way. Like with a loose grip with just his fingertips.

I feel bad for his kids, too...even if they had some inkling of his rogue "management" of the Explorers. They adored him, as far as I know, and probably thought that he knew what he was doing and didn't question it. Just a guess. JMO

Not much, just indicates personal issues.........JMO...and the fact that they were each others "rock" and "best friend" but he was so vain, and fitness oriented. Sort of a strange combo, but not out of the question.

Never underestimate physical conditions that may cause weight gain or medications that can cause weight gain.

I don't understand what her weight has to do with anything.

It's just that some people overeat as a way of coping with emotions or issues in their lives. Maybe it is her way of dealing (or not dealing) with stress. It's an addiction just like alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling....

This just made me think of something. I wonder if the first shot to the vest was kind of a test shot. To see how far the gun would travel if he held it a certain way. Like with a loose grip with just his fingertips.

I don't recall filenko (lower case) saying that the shot to the vest was before or after his call to dispatch...if it was after the call, he almost had to follow through with the suicide plan, because he was going to have police there within a few minutes. If before the call, he maybe could have covered up the evidence of the shot. But I personally think that he knew exactly what he was doing and how to time it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror