Found Deceased IL - Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui, 19, nine months pregnant, Chicago, 24 Apr 2019 *Arrest*

Any news on the progress of this case towards trial?

I can't find any court records. The only site I could find for Cook County deals with Civil cases, probate, etc.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- One of the women charged in the murder of Marlen Ochoa-Lopez has pleaded guilty.

Ochoa-Lopez was 19 when she was killed in 2019, and her unborn baby was cut from her womb in a home in Chicago's Scottsdale neighborhood.

A mother and daughter who allegedly wanted the child for themselves were charged in the case.

Desiree Figueroa pleaded guilty to murder in a Cook County courtroom Monday morning.

Her mother, Clarissa Figueroa, is expected at a hearing Tuesday.

Woman pleads guilty in case of Marlen Ochoa-Lopez, whose baby was cut from womb

January 8, 2024 5:23PM

from NY Post:
Desiree Figueroa, 29, entered her plea to a count of first-degree murder Monday. Figueroa’s deal with the prosecution requires she testify against her own mother in exchange for a 30-year prison sentence.

Mom Clarissa Figueroa’s first-degree murder trial stemming from the 2019 killing of 19-year-old Marlen Ochoa-Lopez is scheduled to get under way on Jan. 26.

Published on January 9, 2024 04:38PM EST

A third suspect, Desiree’s boyfriend Piotr Bobak, 44, was also charged for his alleged involvement. He was sentenced to four years in prison but released on parole last year after pleading guilty to obstruction of justice for helping cover up the homicide, CBS News reports, citing court records.

About six months after the alleged murder, Desiree gave birth to her own baby while behind bars, the Cook County Sheriff’s Office previously confirmed to WGN 9.

PEOPLE has been unable to reach attorneys who could comment on behalf of Desiree and Clarisa. Clarisa has reportedly pleaded not guilty.

Clarisa Figueroa was sentenced to 50 years in prison. Her daughter Desiree Figueroa pleaded guilty to murder in a Cook County courtroom Monday morning. Clarisa Figueroa's boyfriend was released on parole last year after pleading guilty to helping conceal the murder.

She will have to serve 100% of the sentence, per her agreement.

ABC Article

Chicago-Sun Times Article

Last edited:
Why is the article so contradictory?

It says the baby both died and is still alive.

Can anyone tell me what happened to the baby please?

Also what happened to the younger assailants baby?

Why is the article so contradictory?

It says the baby both died and is still alive.

Can anyone tell me what happened to the baby please?

Also what happened to the younger assailants baby?
Marlen's baby boy lived for seven weeks on life support before succumbing. He had irreversible brain damage.

I have no idea who has custody of the perpetrator's baby, just that she gave birth about six months after the murder.

MOO

Marlen's baby boy lived for seven weeks on life support before succumbing. He had irreversible brain damage.

I have no idea who has custody of the perpetrator's baby, just that she gave birth about six months after the murder.

MOO
Thank you

Can anyone explain the psychology of the perpetrators to me?
I think Clarisa's adult son had passed away and after that happened she was telling everyone she was pregnant...even though she was in her late 40's and had her tubes tied. She wanted the attention of a new baby or she wanted a new child to raise since she lost her adult son? Who knows. Why would her daughter go along with it to help her murder someone? Whole situation is so messed up.

I think Clarisa's adult son had passed away and after that happened she was telling everyone she was pregnant...even though she was in her late 40's and had her tubes tied. She wanted the attention of a new baby or she wanted a new child to raise since she lost her adult son? Who knows. Why would her daughter go along with it to help her murder someone? Whole situation is so messed up.

She also named the baby the same name as the son?

Her daughter was also pregnant at the time.
I was wondering if there was jealousy of the daughter and or attention she was receiving?
Personality disorder?

But why wait until mother was dead to evisorate and remove baby? And why take so long to kill mother?
That's why the baby was brain dead. That's pretty obviously going to happen if you deprive the mother of oxygen for so long with the baby inside, even if it's old enough to breath by itself when it's born (was he though?).
How stupid are these people?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Core.B
Back