IL IL - Mary Ann Switalski, 16, Chicago, 15 July 1963

Hi all, websluths lurker here. This is my first post so i'm not that sure on how everything works.

I have found this thread after browsing the 1960's missing subforum after Prima Canyon Jane Doe got a new reconstruction.

I know she's on Mary Ann's exclusion list but they look so similar and the timing/personal details match up. I'm not from the US so I looked up the route between Illinois and California and one of the options given passed right through Arizona.

The Jane doe has a jaw malformation that resulted in a gap on the right hand side where her teeth didn't touch, which you can even see in both the photos where Mary Ann is smiling.

Is there any way that exclusion was premature? Or maybe my face blindness strikes again but there was something that really hooked me when I saw their pictures together..
mary_ann_ruth_switalski_2.jpg
Original

Hi all, websluths lurker here. This is my first post so i'm not that sure on how everything works.

I have found this thread after browsing the 1960's missing subforum after Prima Canyon Jane Doe got a new reconstruction.

I know she's on Mary Ann's exclusion list but they look so similar and the timing/personal details match up. I'm not from the US so I looked up the route between Illinois and California and one of the options given passed right through Arizona.

The Jane doe has a jaw malformation that resulted in a gap on the right hand side where her teeth didn't touch, which you can even see in both the photos where Mary Ann is smiling.

Is there any way that exclusion was premature? Or maybe my face blindness strikes again but there was something that really hooked me when I saw their pictures together..
mary_ann_ruth_switalski_2.jpg
Original

Hello and Welcome to WS! The comparison you post is indeed a close one. I do not know what LE based their exclusion on, but perhaps they could reconsider and take another look. You could send your suggestion to either the Cold Case Officer in charge of Mary Ann's case or the one in charge of the unidentified girl - or both.

I have seen close comparisons of other cases as well over the years which turned out to be not matches. But discussing them keeps the cases alive and active.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back