IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

Interesting information but where did you find or come to know about this?
I am not the source of the above or sure who posted this. This info has been posted by at least two people. However, I personally know the original source of this info. The first part posted is consistent with details noted at the time of a conversation with RF. The second part is consistent with details from noted from previous conversation with his sister.

Michigan Man Identified As Baby Stolen From Hospital In 1964
The child was stolen from a Chicago hospital 55 years ago.
Shannon Antinori
Wed, Dec 18, 2019

ap-901504854741___18181926316.jpg

New-born Paul Joseph Fronczak is shown April 26, 1964, shortly after his birth at Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago. (AP Photo)

CHICAGO — After more than a half-century, a Chicago mystery is solved. In April 1964, Chester and Dora Fronczak's joy turned to terror after their newborn son, Paul, was abducted from their Chicago hospital room.

The couple eventually raised another child — an abandoned boy found in New Jersey who investigators believed might be their missing son — as their own, but in recent years, a DNA test revealed he was not related to the Fronczaks.

Now, 55 years after a woman posing as a nurse took the Fronczaks' baby, the FBI revealed they've finally found their missing son.

A man living in rural Michigan has been positively identified as Paul Joseph Fronczak, the FBI said. Authorities said the man has been told his true identity but does not want to go public, WOOD-TV reported.

The FBI reopened the Fronczak case in 2013.

The saga began on April 26, 1964, when Dora Fronczak gave birth to a son. The next day, a woman posing as a nurse came into her hospital room and told her she was taking the baby to be examined by a doctor — then vanished with the child.

The infant's disappearance sparked a massive manhunt in Chicago, with 175,000 postal workers, 200 police officers searching for the baby, WGN reported.

Two years later, Dora and Chester Fronczak were contacted about a toddler who had been abandoned at a New Jersey shopping center. Investigators believed the child might be their missing son — so the couple raised him as their own.

The man who was raised as Paul Joseph Fronczak said he learned his story — and how he'd supposedly been returned to his family — when he found some newspaper clippings at age 10. He told the BBC his parents were sensitive about the subject and his mother reacted angrily when asked about the clippings.

But as an adult, he began to question whether he was really his parents' child and said he understood why the Fronczaks were so quick to agree to adopt the child investigators thought could be their missing child.

"She could either say, 'I'm not sure,' and put this child back into the system, or say, 'Yes, that's my son,' — and even if it was not, save this child from what could be a horrible life," the man who grew up as Paul told the BBC.

A DNA kit he bought in 2012 eventually proved he was not related to the Fronczaks. A resident of Nevada, he now has a blog titled "Foundling Paul" about his experience.

Now that the real Paul Joseph Fronczak has been identified, federal investigators have declined to provide additional details on where he lives.

WGN claims their staff have tracked the man down but are not identifying him because he is a crime victim.

Mother Dora Franczak, who now lives in the Chicago suburbs, has declined to comment, WGN said. Father Chester Fronczak died in 2017.

LINK:

Michigan Man Identified As Baby Stolen From Hospital In 1964

Paul has posted a new blog article today, April 26th 2021, on the real Paul's birthday. Upcoming information etc. at this link.

He also mentions the new documentary

"That documentary, entitled The Lost Sons, was completed this year and is currently showing as part of the Copenhagen Film Festival. Eventually it will be in theaters, before airing on CNN (I will be posting more information about it as I get it)."

https://www.foundlingpaul.com/singl...7_JHz9KZ7W21A2ak2e170FGDT9Q-EdGh2r8LCVYraYoms

Paul has posted a new blog article today, April 26th 2021, on the real Paul's birthday. Upcoming information etc. at this link.

He also mentions the new documentary

"That documentary, entitled The Lost Sons, was completed this year and is currently showing as part of the Copenhagen Film Festival. Eventually it will be in theaters, before airing on CNN (I will be posting more information about it as I get it)."

https://www.foundlingpaul.com/singl...7_JHz9KZ7W21A2ak2e170FGDT9Q-EdGh2r8LCVYraYoms
Thank you for the update

I found some post on a different message board that has the names of Robert and Lorraine's other children, and a bit more background information. Is it OK to share it here? I'm sure they won't mind.

I found some post on a different message board that has the names of Robert and Lorraine's other children, and a bit more background information. Is it OK to share it here? I'm sure they won't mind.

Please don't, we consider family members victims and avoid sleuthing them, unless named as a POI by law enforcement.

AFAIK, no one has been named by LE as Paul's kidnapper, which limits our discussion here.

jmho ymmv lrr

The CNN special is due to re-air this Sat Oct 2 I missed it so I will watch it. so I thought I would stop by websleuths for the first time in a while to read about this fascinating case.

All the initials confuse me. Who is AB? I know LF had several marriages and last names. Is the general opinion that was the actual kidnapper too??

Have any of LF's bio kids commented?

I'm so confused, where did the name AB come from? The Mom LF passed away, and her parents are on findagrave. I don't see anyone with that name related to her. Could LF had been the kidnapper? From what I can see KB was her only child.

Ok so who is Aurora Baty? I am reading on another blog she is a person of interest. Is she an alias for Lorraine? Who is she?

Ok so who is Aurora Baty? I am reading on another blog she is a person of interest. Is she an alias for Lorraine? Who is she?
I think that they made that name up or something. As far as I can tell no one ever found her. I'm going to read back into this thread, but I don't recall her existence being verified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor
Back