IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

That is just a post from Facebook page, Not anything I would take as gospel.

It seems to me if they have DNA that has to do with a crime, they would not need permission to test other people..

I wonder if there are conditional consent slips and non conditional permission slips.

What a horrible experience for all involved.

Maybe they needed to give permission because ABC was the one who was doing the testing, not the police.

Wow. What a story. Thanks for the link. I hope Paul gets answers soon.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/24501711/despite-new-clues-50-year-old-mystery-persists

new clues have surfaced. However, the 50-year-old kidnapping mystery that ignited international interest is no closer to be solved right now.

Paul has been in contact with a man who looks nearly identical to the age-progressed forensic drawings of what the real Paul Fronczak could look like today. The circumstances of this man's family life fit the general story of the Chicago kidnapping. The FBI doesn't seem interested.

"He has given them his DNA, which he had to beg them to take back in October. Now, he is getting emails from the agents saying it could take six, seven, eight, nine months before they even get to it. So meanwhile, it is tearing his family apart because they are going through the same thing my family and I are going through," Fronczak said.

Paul's attempts to communicate with the FBI have been rebuffed.

Paul and his family had high hopes that DNA evidence would solve the dual mysteries. He has submitted more samples than he can remember, many of them to ancestry.com, which has a massive genealogy and DNA database. Ancestry.com was initially optimistic.

"But as much as I've googled, and the 300 tests I've taken. I'm not part of any haplogroup that is available out there now. Basically, my DNA doesn't have anybody's match," Fronczak said.

Despite the setbacks, he is hopeful that the mystery will be solved.

Ancestry.com has located what it thinks is a third cousin. That person has agreed to help find any common link to the mystery man living in Henderson, no matter how long and arduous the search might be.

This might end up being interesting. The baby pictures are compelling, but, as a poster pointed out in the thread, lots of babies look alike.

http://www.***********/r/RBI/comments/1ya8lg/my_dad_recently_found_out_he_was_adopted_we_think/

Oh, sorry, I didn't know that Reddit was forbidden.

Snippets from the thread:
"Currently the only birthday my dad knows of is the one that he has been told. He does NOT have a birth certificate, he is waiting for it to be found by Cook County.
Edit: Also the birthday that he was told is June 21st."

"We just figured out the similarities today. The reason we figure it is not only because of the physical similarities, but because my dad was born in the same time frame as this baby.
Also, my father's adopted mother had nurse's outfits as she was a nurse. It says that the baby was stolen by someone in a nurse's outfit.
My father also lived in Winnetka, Illinois."

Here are the pictures posted with the thread.
http://imgur.com/a/Q3nPv

I-Team Exclusive: Possible answer in 50-year stolen baby mystery

"A man who looks like Fronczak wonders if he is the child who was taken half a century ago.

The resemblance to an age-progressed rendition of Paul Fronczak is remarkable. And the personal history of this man who looks so much like him certainly makes it possible that he is Fronczak."

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=9438117

I-Team Exclusive: Possible answer in 50-year stolen baby mystery

"A man who looks like Fronczak wonders if he is the child who was taken half a century ago.

The resemblance to an age-progressed rendition of Paul Fronczak is remarkable. And the personal history of this man who looks so much like him certainly makes it possible that he is Fronczak."

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=9438117

Absolutely uncanny likeness, both the baby picture and the older picture.

I saw the new possibility of a match, really hoping this one is it! The similarities are striking, at least to my admittedly untrained eye. But also the fact his adopted mother has discrepancies with her own birth record, and was a nurse.

Just saw this story on 20/20...pretty fascinating and heartbreaking for all parties involved. I hope that everyone finds the answers they are looking for.

I've been following his story on local news and it just gets more and more complex. Poor guy. I hope he solves his mysteries but I feel so bad for the biological second cousin who was also looking for family and died just before meeting "Paul". What tragedy! Still, I hope it leads to answers.

For whatever reason (unbeknownst to us) the whole Sam Miller angle seems to have gone "poof"…It was taken off of the Facebook PJFronczak page altogether…
That said, despite great trust in "new" science, I think artist's "age-progressed" renderings of 72 hour newborns into adults is sorely lacking - simply because it's like trying to predict (like tarot card readings) who or what the person will/did become. Case in point - I look absolutely NOTHING like my mother. I have some of my father's physical traits that one would only recognize if they knew us very well. I look nothing like either of them. I know that I am their biological child. Add to that - a baby pic…My son was born with a bushel of curly hair. He outgrew it. Doesn't have it anymore. I could go on and on. The "age progressed" images should be referred to as "One artist thinks he might look like this as an adult"…

moo

ETA - I don't know what computer program they're all using to create these images but somehow, a lot of these "age progressions" of missing people are "looking" so similar; they could all be siblings of one another!

I strongly suspect that something unexpectedly happened to PJFronczac's mother when he was left alone in NJ. Mother's often abandon babies in desperation but his story is quite unique. I'm not sure how many children are abandoned in stores but I would suspect that the relative number is low. Maybe she was ill or suffered a life-threatening circumstance (heart attack or aneurism) and the "abandoned child" and missing mother weren't connected. I've tried to find more detailed information regarding how and when and by whom he was found but there doesn't seem too be much available.

No doubt - there was one solitary wing-bat detective who thought he might have been the Fronczak's child and somehow things spiralled out of control. How on earth would one connect the two if not? Are the FBI files on this case open or still suppressed?

He was 2 1/2 when found in NJ. Could he talk? Was he crying? Did he ask for his mother? Was he well cared for? Were his clothes and stroller clean or dirty? Was there anything attached to the stroller? Toys, food, bag with nappies? Who noticed him alone and unattended? How long had he been so? Who called the authorities? Who were the authorities? Were there any witnesses and what did they have to say?

…and on and on and on...

I posted some of the same questions to the Facebook page several weeks ago with no official response. How did they determine the child's age? What size clothing/shoes was he wearing? Did he say ANYTHING at all? Has anyone looked into women found murdered or missing around that time - it's possible the mother's family had no idea she had a child. Have the Fronczaks thought back to when the child did begin to speak and did he say anything out of the ordinary? Even that young I would have asked him questions, even if I thought he was my child, I would have wanted to know who he had been with all that time. Several questions of that sort.

This case just get's more and more complex,

Although both circumstances are unique in their own right, it is sad for the families how both cases are connected, but yet so far apart.

1.) We have the real Paul Fronczak, kidnapped from a hospital taken from his mother from an abductor posing as a nurse in 1964.

2.) We have this abandoned child found in 1965 outside a store, who LE identified as baby Paul Fronczak. But LE didn't really use any scientific methods or assessments at that time, other than he "looked" like the baby picture, of the newborn of the real Paul Fronczak

3.) What validity do you put in Sam Miller's claim that his Mother was the kidnapper of the real baby Paul Fronzak? Or does that validity now diminish, since as posters have said, the whole Sam Miller story has gone "poof?"

4.) I think it is likely that the kidnapper of the real Paul Fronczak did not harm him, but wanted a child to raise as her own.

5.) Maybe if we can solve either connected case, it could open up new evidence on either side:

Abducted Birth Paul Fronczak

1.) Who was the kidnapper?
2.) What was her motive?
3.) What were her methods? I read somewhere that there was evidence that a woman who resembled the kidnapper was seen at the hospital before? I can't remember if this was from Sam Miller, or some other source? (or both?)

Unknown Abandoned Child: (False Paul Fronczak)

1.) Who found this child? Did he talk? Ask for his mother? What was the connection that LE was so sure that this was "Paul Fronczak?" when DNA proved it was not?

2.) What was the child wearing when found? What was the health of the child and his clothing? Were birth records and hospital records checked for who this child was? Exactly how did LE find him? What reports of other missing children existed around that time?

3.) What's the real name of this abandoned child, and the circumstances surrounded his abandonment?

Charley Project's updated account: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fronczak_paul.html

I could not find Paul's case to link to it on Doe Network.

Satch

I think artist's "age-progressed" renderings of 72 hour newborns into adults is sorely lacking - simply because it's like trying to predict (like tarot card readings) who or what the person will/did become.

Aric Austin, Carlina White, and Marx Barnes all looked very much like their AP, and all three went missing as infants.

There does appear to be way too much information that hasn't been shared with the public or simply has not been searched for or discovered. I agree with other posters about that. Also, one might think that if DNA is the basis for identifying the real Paul that instructions would be publicized so that anyone who thinks they might be Paul could provide a DNA sample to one specific company only without having to go to the press. There could be an account at Ancestry.com, for example, simply named the Paul Fronczak account. They need to make this process as simple as possible.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR197708
Back