IL IL, Phillip Wade Murphy, 22, Decatur, 19 May 1989

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
Phillip is a new addition to NamUs.The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Demographics
Missing Age 22 Years
Current Age 55 Years
First Name Phillip
Middle Name Wade
Last Name Murphy
Nickname/Alias--

Sex Male
Height 5' 8" - 5' 10" (68 - 70 Inches)
Weight 141 - 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact May 19, 1989
NamUs Case Created February 24, 2022
Last Known Location Map
Location Decatur, Illinois 62526
County Macon County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance Phillip left where he was staying and has not been seen since.
Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
He had a scar above his lip at an angle & a horseshoe scar on stomach near his belly button.

Phillip Wade Murphy Went Missing in 1989, But His Case Was Overlooked Due To Him Being Unreported for Over 30 Years
This write-up seems to be more thorough, and it mentions that close relatives of his are working with CODIS and are considering conventional DNA tests as well.

Physical description:
*Race/ethnicity: Caucasian (white)
*Height: about 5'8" to 5'10"
*Weight when last seen: 145 to 155 pounds
*Hair color: brown
*Eye color: brown, changes to green or hazel
*Dental notes: two missing front teeth with possible caps, dentures, or a retainer / partial dental plate. He lost his retainer
prior to his disappearance.
*No tattoos that were known in 1989
*Shoe size: 9
*Pant size: 28-30 at the waist
*Sideways split that runs from under his nose to his upper lip, which he obtained from getting hit with a crowbar.
*Abdominal scar

Phillip Wade Murphy Went Missing in 1989, But His Case Was Overlooked Due To Him Being Unreported for Over 30 Years
This write-up seems to be more thorough, and it mentions that close relatives of his are working with CODIS and are considering conventional DNA tests as well.

Physical description:
*Race/ethnicity: Caucasian (white)
*Height: about 5'8" to 5'10"
*Weight when last seen: 145 to 155 pounds
*Hair color: brown
*Eye color: brown, changes to green or hazel
*Dental notes: two missing front teeth with possible caps, dentures, or a retainer / partial dental plate. He lost his retainer
prior to his disappearance.
*No tattoos that were known in 1989
*Shoe size: 9
*Pant size: 28-30 at the waist
*Sideways split that runs from under his nose to his upper lip, which he obtained from getting hit with a crowbar.
*Abdominal scar
I just read the story on the link above - what a bizarre life he had. I hope he is alive and well somewhere, but I am doubting it. His story made me sad, and having a father be so controlling, it's just crazy.

What about this UP
Interesting suggestion. I do see a resemblance and the stats match. The only thing I’d question is this: He had a partial plate for a tooth that had been missing which isn’t listed for the Doe, but that doesn’t mean Phillip always wore it. (ETA: I’m assuming this partial plate is removable) The Doe is said to have had a pronounced overbite which does look present in Phillip’s photos, especially the colored one. IMO

I think it would be worth submitting! I always wonder if when DDP, Othram and other such companies are working on a case, are we to assume the potential missing person match is not listed in NamUs, Charley Project, Doe Network or other public databases?

760CB24C-A48A-4954-8F43-C145CC8323C4.jpeg1663540423603.jpeg13AA74AA-EA89-4486-B707-A040149F58BD.jpeg

this story really made me think... the culprit was all murphy's father abuser manipulative delinquent etc... could his father have triggered his mental illness? maybe yes... he had two good women who really loved him but his father ruined everything again his mother subjected to his system maybe she could never do anything... the only solution was to escape... I think he still lives maybe like destitute but most likely dead.. since no one was ever able to report his disappearance until 2021, all that time was lost in his search.. murphy I didn't meet you but I send you a hug from a distance..
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back