GUILTY IL - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, in suitcase in Bali, 12 Aug 2014 *fnd guilty in Bali* #6

Thank you Judge Kennelly! I guess as much justice as could have been served was handed down today. Still not what she deserved for what she did but I’m glad the judge saw the case for what it was and gave her basically what the prosecution was asking for less the time she’s already spent in custody in the US. Thanks to everyone who has been keeping this thread going and especially to Niner who has kept us up to date with all the legal hearings. I guess it won’t be long before we go through this all over again for TS. I understand his mom KW was in the courtroom today.
MOO

From the Yahoo article- I'm glad the judge didn't take this garbage into account:
Meanwhile, Mack’s self-described godmother, Diana Roque Ellis, wrote a letter to Kennelly posted on the court docket over the weekend in which she pleaded for leniency, saying she’s “seen no trace of this horrifically diabolical girl that Sheila had endlessly detailed throughout the years” and who has been demonized by the media.“What I have come to know is a surprisingly rational, even keeled, fair-minded, well spoken, intelligent, lovely young woman who is (surprisingly again) essentially cheerful, good-natured, sympathetic and kind,” Ellis wrote.Ellis also called out her slain friend, saying the abusive relationship between von Wiese-Mack and her daughter went both ways.
“It was mystifying as to how Sheila was always lovely, gracious and kind to me and her other friends and yet so unremittingly caustic to Heather,” Ellis wrote.
This information is sickening. What is wrong with that woman? SMH

She still loves and misses her mother?! Puh-leeze!
No remorse. To me, this statement just means that she will continue to go with the narrative that it was Sheila’s fault that she felt she had to do this. Although she did say sorry to Sheila’s siblings. She was a little light in her apology though by suggesting instead of cold blooded pre planned murder, she was only trying to harm her.

Before her sentence was read, Mack apologized to her mother’s siblings through tears.
“It breaks my heart, hearing you cry,” she told Debbi Curran, her aunt and Wiese-Mack’s sister, who had audibly sobbed as her daughter read a victim impact statement on Curran’s behalf.

“There’s no excuse for trying to harm her,” Mack said. “I miss and love my mother.”

Last edited:
From the Yahoo article- I'm glad the judge didn't take this garbage into account:
Meanwhile, Mack’s self-described godmother, Diana Roque Ellis, wrote a letter to Kennelly posted on the court docket over the weekend in which she pleaded for leniency, saying she’s “seen no trace of this horrifically diabolical girl that Sheila had endlessly detailed throughout the years” and who has been demonized by the media.“What I have come to know is a surprisingly rational, even keeled, fair-minded, well spoken, intelligent, lovely young woman who is (surprisingly again) essentially cheerful, good-natured, sympathetic and kind,” Ellis wrote.Ellis also called out her slain friend, saying the abusive relationship between von Wiese-Mack and her daughter went both ways.
“It was mystifying as to how Sheila was always lovely, gracious and kind to me and her other friends and yet so unremittingly caustic to Heather,” Ellis wrote.
Good actress. Sociopaths and narcissists can be very charming.

The Daily Mail is reporting it now. It says the judge deducted two years from the 28 years the prosecution had asked for in view of the two years HM had spent in jail awaiting trial.

So no credit for Bali, it appears. I like that. So she has to serve 85% of her sentence. That would be 22 more years. Her kid would be 30!

1705555285644.png

Video also included

The actual details of how Sheila died are included and extremely sad.

Glad to hear 26 years! and I want to thank you all for posting articles on this case so I could keep my notes updated!
Now - this one will go on a "Done" shelf...

Justice for Sheila!

...Now - this one will go on a "Done" shelf...
Some stories are never done, and I'll be surprised if Heather Mack fades into the silent background. What I am still curious about is Tommy Schaefer. The media isn't as interested in him.

He's already done ten years of his sentence, and that leaves eight more years, but he may get out early if they give him early release.
  • Will he face charges in the United States too? It sounds like it in the quote below.​
  • Will his mother, KW, seek custody of Stella again before his release?​
  • Stella will be 16 yrs. old or perhaps a bit younger when TS is released. What kind of relationship will he have with his daughter then?​
  • Will he be agreeable to Stella staying in the custody of the cousin then, if that is still the case, and will TS be hoping she goes off to college to continue her education wanting what is best for Stella.​

Schaefer was convicted of murder and he is serving an 18-year sentence in Indonesia. He is charged in the same U.S. indictment. His mother, Kia Walker, was in the courtroom Wednesday for Mack's sentencing.

Heather got 26 years!!!! More than I thought she would. And NO credit for the time she spent in Bali. I think this is the best we could have wished for, considering the plea deal Healther made said she could withdraw her plea if the time she received was more than 28 year.

BTW-Stella's guardian says Stella wants nothing to do with Mack.

Some stories are never done, and I'll be surprised if Heather Mack fades into the silent background. What I am still curious about is Tommy Schaefer. The media isn't as interested in him.

He's already done ten years of his sentence, and that leaves eight more years, but he may get out early if they give him early release.
  • Will he face charges in the United States too? It sounds like it in the quote below.​
  • Stella will be 16 yrs. old or perhaps a bit younger when TS is released. What kind of relationship will he have with his daughter then?​
  • Will he be agreeable to Stella staying in the custody of the cousin then, and hoping she goes off to college to continue her education.​

Schaefer was convicted of murder and he is serving an 18-year sentence in Indonesia. He is charged in the same U.S. indictment. His mother, Kia Walker, was in the courtroom Wednesday for Mack's sentencing.
Tommy is named in the indictment, so we can assume he will get the same treatment once he lands in the US. I read in one of the other articles that he has had sentence reductions in Bali every year.

From the CBS article- this is good news:
At Mack's sentencing hearing, Lisa Hellman, Stella's court-appointed legal guardian, described the 8-year-old as "an empathetic, kind, and brave young girl."

Hellman said Stella doesn't want to speak to her mother after a therapist shared the truth about what Mack and Schaefer did to her grandmother.

"Stella does not want to be raised by Heather. Based on her history of abusive behavior, this would be detrimental to Stella's well-being and development," Hellman said.

And it galls me that Heather's defense tried to drag Sheila through the mud! Who cares if she didn't let James's family into the house? That's not necessarily racist or abusive, and certainly doesn't justify murder.

• Will he be agreeable to Stella staying in the custody of the cousin then, if that is still the case, and will TS be hoping she goes off to college to continue her education wanting what is best for Stella.​

There's no good reason for a murderer's family to get custody of Stella, especially when she's in a good home with Sheila's cousin.

There's no good reason for a murderer's family to get custody of Stella, especially when she's in a good home with Sheila's cousin.
That may be your strong opinion, but it doesn't ensure it won't be important to Stella to know her father's side of the family. Eventually, Stella might want to spend time with her father and KW and develop a relationship with them later in her life. There's sometimes a strong need for a child growing up without their father to want to get to know him. KW isn't a murderer, and certainly deserves to spend time with her granddaughter. MOO

That may be your strong opinion, but it doesn't ensure it won't be important to Stella to know her father's side of the family. Eventually, Stella might want to spend time with her father and KW and develop a relationship with them later in her life. There's sometimes a strong need for a child growing up without their father to want to get to know him. KW isn't a murderer, and certainly deserves to spend time with her granddaughter. MOO
Then KW can ask Stella's cousin for that. Stella's father is also a murderer, so there's no need for her to bond with him either.

Then KW can ask Stella's cousin for that. Stella's father is also a murderer, so there's no need for her to bond with him either.
Well, that is your very strong opinion, but it's up to Stella whether she wants or needs to bond with her father and her grandmother eventually. As far as I remember, the cousin seemed willing to allow Kia some visitation with her own granddaughter. If not, the cousin certainly should allow it. KW has made a lot of effort, and gone through great lengths, to be there for her granddaughter. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22
Back