IL - Stacy Ann Peterson, 23, Bolingbrook, 2007 (still missing) - #14

A judge was supposed to make a ruling as to whether or not the two boys would be required to testify before the grand jury. I haven't heard any reports that there's been a ruling yet. The grand jury may be waiting for a ruling from that judge.

Also, I think there's a good reason to delay handing down any indictments. The state legislature passed the hearsay bill, and then it was amended with a clause that it pertains only to first degree murder cases. Now, it's got to go before both the state senate and assembly again for final approval and the governor's signature. Supposedly it's to be passed and signed before the end of June - at least that what I last heard.

So, the grand jury may be waiting for the hearsay bill to be law before it hands down indictments. It will still be up to the judge what can be admissible and what can't, but there's a good chance some evidence that now falls under hearsay, will be allowed. Kathleen Savios letters to authorities in which she described the abuse of DP and her fear that he would kill her, would likely be allowed.

As soon as we hear of the hearsay legislation being signed by the governor and becoming law, l expect the indictments to follow soon after.

I think it's likely that there will be an indictment for the murder of Kathleen Savio and one for the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

Closeobserver & Leila:

Thanks for your posts! I agree know that I've read both of them that the GJ will wait until the hearsay bill is passed. It would definately be to the advantage of the Prosecutor's Office for this bill to pass when DP goes to trial. Look at all the heresay evidence that is out there against DP!!!!!

As for the two boys, I thought that was before the Judge like a month or so ago?? What is the Judge waiting on??

A judge was supposed to make a ruling as to whether or not the two boys would be required to testify before the grand jury. I haven't heard any reports that there's been a ruling yet. The grand jury may be waiting for a ruling from that judge.

Also, I think there's a good reason to delay handing down any indictments. The state legislature passed the hearsay bill, and then it was amended with a clause that it pertains only to first degree murder cases. Now, it's got to go before both the state senate and assembly again for final approval and the governor's signature. Supposedly it's to be passed and signed before the end of June - at least that what I last heard.

So, the grand jury may be waiting for the hearsay bill to be law before it hands down indictments. It will still be up to the judge what can be admissible and what can't, but there's a good chance some evidence that now falls under hearsay, will be allowed. Kathleen Savios letters to authorities in which she described the abuse of DP and her fear that he would kill her, would likely be allowed.

As soon as we hear of the hearsay legislation being signed by the governor and becoming law, l expect the indictments to follow soon after.

I think it's likely that there will be an indictment for the murder of Kathleen Savio and one for the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.
As far as I can tell from the Illinois General Assembly website, under normal circumstances, they don't reconveine for a regular session until November 12. That would be the first opportunity to vote on the ammended bill. I could be wrong, and hope I'm wrong, but my understanding of the Congress is limited.

There is a possibility that Blagoevich MAY call congress back to fix the budget. That doesn't mean that they would vote on legislation, but I understand it is possible. I'd call it a long shot that it gets done in June, but I hope so. I don't know if Illinois lawmakers view this bill with the same priority as the people closely following this case. They obviously have a bigger priority with the budget.

I do believe I read in the paper that she wants nothing to do with him and is staying as far away as she can.
Hopefully she saw the light when the Grand Jury showed her that the phone Drew gave her had GPS tracking built in. But if she didn't, too bad for her. She is just a gold digger trying to get in the limelight....stupid is as stupid does.

I sure hope the Illinois legislature doesn't wait until November to get the hearsay law passed. It only gives DP more time to wine and dine the ladies and trap some young girl into becoming the 5th Mrs. Peterson.

The only positive aspect to waiting for passage of the hearsay law in November is that it gives more time to find Stacy's body. But, I feel the likelihood of finding her body is very slim.

Police Seize Bathtub Where Drew Peterson's Third Wife Was Fo...

Detectives investigating the death of DrewPeterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, now possess the bathtub inwhich her body was found back in 2004. One of the people who now live in the home where Savio died toldthe Chicago Tribune that state police removed the tub last week. Aspokesman for the Will County state's attorney's office confirmedthat the tub had been removed and is in storage. Savio drowned in the tub only weeks before her divorce fromPeterson was finalized. Her death was first ruled accidental, buthas since been ruled homicidal. Savio's case was reopened in November as authorities investigatedthe Oct. 28 disappearance of Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy, fromtheir Bolingbrook home.
2008-06-12 16:26:27

I just have a comment regarding the police seizing the bathtub......I suspect that the reason is to prove that she (a) couldn't have sustained the cut on the back of her head on this surface and/or (b) she couldn't have died from a blow sustained on this surface.

I believe that tub is fiberglass. It's either exactly like one I have or very similar. Because of its size, it would be very difficult to fall and then drown. With the material being fiberglass, I don't think it could cause a cut as it's relatively soft. The old tubs that were made of the heavy metals could cause much more damage to a skull. Anyway, just a comment on "why" after all this time. I think it's impossible that there would be any forensic evidence, so I'm thinking that the tub will go into the "impossible" death scenario which would then lead to a homicide staged to look like an accident theory.

I just have a comment regarding the police seizing the bathtub......I suspect that the reason is to prove that she (a) couldn't have sustained the cut on the back of her head on this surface and/or (b) she couldn't have died from a blow sustained on this surface.

I believe that tub is fiberglass. It's either exactly like one I have or very similar. Because of its size, it would be very difficult to fall and then drown. With the material being fiberglass, I don't think it could cause a cut as it's relatively soft. The old tubs that were made of the heavy metals could cause much more damage to a skull. Anyway, just a comment on "why" after all this time. I think it's impossible that there would be any forensic evidence, so I'm thinking that the tub will go into the "impossible" death scenario which would then lead to a homicide staged to look like an accident theory.
I'm fairly familiar with that type of tub, and agree it would be hard to drown unless she struck her head on the corner of the vanity counter that ran right up to the tub.

Also, if the new owners haven't altered the tub seal on the drain they may also be testing it to see if it leaks water. Her one hand was 'pruned' so she had to have been in some water for more than a short time.

I'm fairly familiar with that type of tub, and agree it would be hard to drown unless she struck her head on the corner of the vanity counter that ran right up to the tub.

Also, if the new owners haven't altered the tub seal on the drain they may also be testing it to see if it leaks water. Her one hand was 'pruned' so she had to have been in some water for more than a short time.

I have no doubt that part of the "staging" would have been to put water in the tub. Also, I won't take the time to look, but I believe that she did actually die from drowning, although most likely she was held under water by Drew after he knocked her out with a blow to the back of the head OR he held her head under water while she was still conscious. But I do believe the main reason for the tub is to show in the courtroom that Kathleen couldn't have died as it initially appeared; therefore, her death was a homicide staged to look like an accidental drowning.

I could be wrong, but I think too much has been made of the water draining from the tub. I do believe it did have water, but I also believe her body was there for at least a day and a half before Drew finally had someone go in to discover her. And I think the water probably did slowly drain on its own and that's why her fingers had the pruning which indicate a long time in the water. JMO

Motion: Let proceedings unfold

JOLIET -- A judge shouldn't stall the proceedings in Kathleen Savio's newly reopened probate case, according to a motion filed Wednesday morning in Will County.

There's simply no reason, Larry Varsek argued.
"They just don't want us pawing around to find out what happened here," he said.
» Click to enlarge image

He was talking about Joel Brodsky of Chicago and Andrew Abood of East Lansing, Mich. They are the lawyers representing Drew Peterson, Savio's former husband, and James B. Carroll, Peterson's uncle, a Westchester resident and the executor of the dead woman's estate.
The Joliet-based Varsek, a local lawyer, is representing Savio's family as they consider the possibility of filing a wrongful death lawsuit.

Motion: Let proceedings unfold

JOLIET -- A judge shouldn't stall the proceedings in Kathleen Savio's newly reopened probate case, according to a motion filed Wednesday morning in Will County.

There's simply no reason, Larry Varsek argued.
"They just don't want us pawing around to find out what happened here," he said.
» Click to enlarge image

He was talking about Joel Brodsky of Chicago and Andrew Abood of East Lansing, Mich. They are the lawyers representing Drew Peterson, Savio's former husband, and James B. Carroll, Peterson's uncle, a Westchester resident and the executor of the dead woman's estate.
The Joliet-based Varsek, a local lawyer, is representing Savio's family as they consider the possibility of filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
What I don't get is how was Drew even able to get Carroll to be the executer or Kathy's estate when they were divorced. I can't believe this wasn't contested by the Savio family especially with the suspicious nature of her death. I'm not trying to point fingers at the Savio family, but it is just unfathomable that this happened.

And I completely agree that the matter of the estate being reopened should not have anything to do with Drew Peterson. He was not married to her at the time of her death (murder). And if he is innocent, he should not have any concern in fighting the reopening of the estate.

What I don't get is how was Drew even able to get Carroll to be the executer or Kathy's estate when they were divorced. I can't believe this wasn't contested by the Savio family especially with the suspicious nature of her death. I'm not trying to point fingers at the Savio family, but it is just unfathomable that this happened.

And I completely agree that the matter of the estate being reopened should not have anything to do with Drew Peterson. He was not married to her at the time of her death (murder). And if he is innocent, he should not have any concern in fighting the reopening of the estate.

Not to completely defend Drew, but he was the father of her children, so as a parent, he had a vested interest in the estate.

Mothers are Vanishing

Chicagoland Missing Mothers
There is more than one missing mother in the Chicagoland area and probably more than the ones pictured here. We will not forget them and will continue to carry their messages until they are found. Someone is getting away with murder in Chicago!

Almost a year has passed since Stacy Cales Peterson whispered to her sister Cassandra Cales that if she disappeared it was not an accident that "He killed her", almost a year since she went missing without a trace leaving behind her babies, her home, her family, her friends, and almost a year since the body of Kathleen Savio was exhumed and her once called accidental death declared a homicide. These women, one now a victim of homicide who left behind a haunting plea for help to the state begging for help before he killed her, and one who begged her sister to find her if she disappeared because she feared for her life, as different as their cases are today -do have common ground. Both women were married to Drew Peterson, both women feared for their lives, both women tried to get help and get away, and both women were too late.

There will be a search for Stacy Peterson this Saturday, October 25.

BRING STACY HOME!
Searchers needed Sat October 25, 2008 Stacy Peterson Hello again all! We are currently in need of volunteers to aid us in a search on Oct 25, 2008. We will once again be search for Stacy Peterson, it is not too late and it is not time to give up. We must push forward and bring this beautiful young woman home.If you are available please email me here or at fuzzbuttmom@comcast.net. We will be meeting at 9am, meeting location to be announced. Please feel free to repost this as often as you would like. Thanks again to all who have been helping in the searches and for any further help you may be able to provide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brightshelby
Back