IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #3

I thought of that too . She might have been looking at maps.google then went there in person to find that place off the main road she could maybe dig a hole later where she could hide her car good enough . You have to kind of put yourself in her place to imagine how she did this . But if she maybe overdosed that little kid she would probably need to go back when it was warm enough to dig a hole because when she went in Feb & March to do her scoping the ground was probably hard as a rock and snow covered . I think Illinois must have a lot of severe winter . I read the other day that in the motel room where they found her body there was a bottle of child's medicine that she maybe used to give Timmy to sedate him , have to look at that site again. She used pills twice on herself so I am leaning towards her giving him something to overdose him . Also, I am wondering if the county officials could require all the land-owners in those 6 possible counties to comb their land for possible disturbed ground where she might have buried him . I think her plan was to take him WITH HER . I hope she did not harm him though and that she found some really good family to take care of him , the higher road instead of the lower road . Timmothy needs his dad and his dad needs him . Amy must have left him alone with his dad for the trips she took . Maybe she just didn't want to take care of him that much even though she loved him .

Unfortunately, this story is all too familiar. This type of thing happened to a family friend’s child. There was a restraining order against her ex but he was able to take her son out of school. He took him to a hotel and gave the child pills and he took pills as well. They were found dead in that hotel room.

If this is what happened in this case, maybe she found a spot that Timmothy liked or where she felt at peace. She gave him the pills there because she never wanted anyone else to know where he was at. She wanted to be found though. It would be obvious that she would have hid him from the world to say that no one would ever take him from her.

It’s very sad that some people believe that’s the only way to keep their child with them forever.

If he is dead and buried along the route between the Wisconsin Dells and Rockford, IL, that’s about a 2 1/2 hour drive. Depending on the route she took he could be anywhere along I-90 or whatever route she took. There are expansive fields and wooded lands.

They did forensics on her car and have narrowed down she most likely stopped on the side of the road in Lee County or Whiteside County.

This is from the Charley Project:

"Amy's SUV was "visibly dirty" and had soil, tall grass and weeds stuck to the undercarriage when it was located after her death. Forensic testing on the plant and sediment materials on the car indicated it stopped for a time on a gravel area just off an asphalt road that had at one time been treated with glass road-making beads.

The vehicle backed into a grassy meadow or field which contained Queen Anne's lace and black mustard plants and would have been nearly treeless; some oak or birch trees were in the general area but not in the direct place where the car stopped. There was possibly a pond or small stream close by. There were no indications that the land was cultivated as either a lawn or for growing crops.

Investigators think the meadow is probably in Lee County or Whiteside County in northwestern Illinois, but they are also considering Carroll, Ogle, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties."

EDIT: including link - Timmothy James Pitzen – The Charley Project

They did forensics on her car and have narrowed down she most likely stopped on the side of the road in Lee County or Whiteside County.

This is from the Charley Project:

"Amy's SUV was "visibly dirty" and had soil, tall grass and weeds stuck to the undercarriage when it was located after her death. Forensic testing on the plant and sediment materials on the car indicated it stopped for a time on a gravel area just off an asphalt road that had at one time been treated with glass road-making beads.

The vehicle backed into a grassy meadow or field which contained Queen Anne's lace and black mustard plants and would have been nearly treeless; some oak or birch trees were in the general area but not in the direct place where the car stopped. There was possibly a pond or small stream close by. There were no indications that the land was cultivated as either a lawn or for growing crops.

Investigators think the meadow is probably in Lee County or Whiteside County in northwestern Illinois, but they are also considering Carroll, Ogle, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties."

EDIT: including link - Timmothy James Pitzen – The Charley Project

There are a few places like that over by the Sugar River Forest Preserve in Winnebago County, Illinois. Honestly, she could have been in any of those counties. There are a number of forest preserves, rivers, creeks and ponds in those areas too. Queen Anne’s Lace is all over up here too.

There are a few places like that over by the Sugar River Forest Preserve in Winnebago County, Illinois. Honestly, she could have been in any of those counties. There are a number of forest preserves, rivers, creeks and ponds in those areas too. Queen Anne’s Lace is all over up here too.

Yes, I did do a search of those plants and they are just all over the state pretty much, so it doesn't do much good narrowing it down. "Pond or small stream" is better at narrowing it down A LITTLE, but there are soooo many of those, it's still like trying to find a needle in haystack.

Yes, I did do a search of those plants and they are just all over the state pretty much, so it doesn't do much good narrowing it down. "Pond or small stream" is better at narrowing it down A LITTLE, but there are soooo many of those, it's still like trying to find a needle in haystack.

That’s very true. :(

I wonder if they could tell how old the glass road-making beads were? If there was a way to determine if they were newer (laid or sprayed recently), or older (having wear from years of use). That could narrow it down. If they were newer you’d just need to look for recent roadwork around that time.

Just caught the tail end with NBC 5 Chicago news. The mother's sister was on and thinks that she went to Iowa to drop off Timothy.

New Information Emerges on Timmothy Pitzen's 18th Birthday
I truly hope Tim’s aunt is correct in mom dropping him off with a family in Iowa. That would be the best outcome in this case. The mother had created and was using a new email that her husband didn’t have access to, and they were able to determine that several emails were sent/retrieved but then deleted and cannot be recovered. This detail was new to me and give me at least some hope that his father is right about him still being alive.

I truly hope Tim’s aunt is correct in mom dropping him off with a family in Iowa. That would be the best outcome in this case. The mother had created and was using a new email that her husband didn’t have access to, and they were able to determine that several emails were sent/retrieved but then deleted and cannot be recovered. This detail was new to me and give me at least some hope that his father is right about him still being alive.
Definitely can understand why he clings on to that hope. I would like to believe he is alive too. But he would have made contact with someone by now. He would have found a way to contact his dad or someone—if not right after his mom's suicide—then at some point through out all these years. I hope Timmothy is found soon.

Timmothy Pitzen Case: What We Know So Far

IMO
Nice timeline.

snippets...
Based on a cellphone call Fry-Pitzen made May 13, police concluded that the last place Timmothy and his mother were together was in the I-88 and I-39 corridors in the Dixon/Rock Falls/Sterling area. The call was made about 5 miles northwest of Sterling, Illinois, near Route 40, police said.

Police also discovered via I-Pass records that Fry-Pitzen took two trips to the Dixon/Rock Falls/Sterling area in the winter that family members "cannot explain." One trip was Feb. 18, 2011, the other on March 20.

Fry-Pitzen's cell phone, I-Pass and the clothing she was seen wearing on other surveillance videos, as well as Timmothy’s Spider-Man backpack and his toys from the SUV, remained missing years after the boy disappeared, according to police.

In August of 2011, officials uncovered a secret email account Amy Fry-Pitzen apparently set up. Officers said they retrieved 34 emails from the account, which was separate from a Yahoo email both she and her husband had access to. Police later revealed the account was "mostly spam" but were unable to recover deleted emails because Yahoo did not maintain those records.

Can her sister figure out what family/friends Amy used to visit in Iowa? I'm sure this has been looked into? I so want to believe he was given to friends/family in Iowa. Maybe he was told that his father didn't "want" him or something like that, and as a typical kid, believed it...and didn't look for his dad as he got older?

I'll never stop thinking about this case and praying for him.

Based on the sisters statements, the phone was found in Pleasant Valley Township, intersection of Rt 78 and E Willow Rd, behind a grain warehouse...this is about 45 after last call (approx. 1:30 at latest, 5 mi N or Sterling per cell pings). This puts the time approx. 2:15 PM. The sister states Dubuque, IA as a destination, but even going to Dubuque and then to Winnebago,IL to the stores (she arrived about 8:00 PM), is only about 2.75 hrs....there are about 3 hours unaccounted for. Point it, she could have gone many places, or at most 1.5 hrs past Dubuque and back.
I do disagree with the sister that the decision to proceed with her plan for both Timmothy and herself was decided while returning from Dells to Aurora...I think she took the route she knew and that she had followed on her prior visits, this was planned back in Feb/Mar on those visits.

May 10, 2024

As the 13-year mark since Timmothy Pitzen vanished approached, a new image was released in hope of spurring leads in the Aurora boy's bizarre 2011 disappearance.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children on Thursday revealed an age progression photo of what Timmothy may look like at his current age, 19 years old. Timmothy's father, shared a message he wrote to his son with the NCEMEC, ahead of the 13-year mark of the then-6-year-old's disappearance.

"Dear Timmothy, The years apart have been hard, I am so looking forward for us to be reunited," the message read. There is so much of your young life I have not been able to be a part of while you have been missing. The future is bright, and I look forward to spending time with you, and getting to know my son again. Till I see you again. Love, Dad."

The Search for Timmothy Pitzen: New NCMEC Image​

photo of timmothy as a child next to his age progression on green background

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal