GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that sticks out to me the most is why would he go to the bathroom to masturbate? Doesn't make sense to me. He was already in his/a room why not watch the *advertiser censored* in there? Makes no sense. The bathroom to me is sounding more and more like that something happened in there. JMO

didn't seem that odd to me.. he's a young man still living with his parents. Maybe mom still goes into his room, picks up his clothes, strips the bed, does the laundry. The bathroom is easier to clean.

Not saying that other things didn't happen, just that I don't think it's that unusual to go into the bathroom.

What have I missed? Why did mom say she saw Willow on Sunday morning, if the little girl was already gone? TYIA

We don't really know... And we don't really know that SHE said that, because all direct quotes of it seem to come from someone else (the boyfriend's mom).

http://shelbycountynews.net/search-...ay-evening-after-temporary-delay-p24744-1.htm

(snipped)“I first became aware when Ciara called Taylor and said that Willow was missing. Ciara lives here with her mom and her dad and her brother, and her two children, Willow and Nathanial.

“Her mom and dad are over-the-road truck drivers. They had left the night before (Saturday) to go out on the road and when Ciara got up Sunday morning she fed the kids cereal and pop tarts about 7ish and about 8:30 she wasn’t feeling well,” explained Everett.

“So she put in a movie for the kids to watch. They were on the couch and she went back to her bedroom and laid down and fell asleep.

“She woke up at 10:30 a.m. with Nathanial crying......(snipped more)"

What have I missed? Why did mom say she saw Willow on Sunday morning, if the little girl was already gone? TYIA

IMO she was out all night and didn't want to admit she had left her kids in the care of her brother all night - for whatever reason. Possibly she didn't want her boyfriend to know, or was with her boyfriend and afraid of child services, or didn't want the kids' dads to know (custody issues?).

However it happened, it was extremely negligent on her part not to be 100% completely honest with LE from the beginning.

I may be really odd, but originally I could kind of sympathize (just kind of) with the whole "mercy killing" thing. It has always been my initial, guttural reaction when I see a person or animal suffering in intense pain that "someone has to do something immediately to end their suffering." I know my reaction is completely illogical. I am not a medical professional or a vet so how do I know if the person/animal is really dying? People and animals can survive horrific events. I once ran over a kitten and was screaming for my husband to end her suffering when she only had a broken leg. (My husband, thinking my hysterics were ridiculous, did not comply with my request and with a little treatment, she was completely fine.) I honestly don't know how I would react if I panicked and thought someone I loved was dying a horrific death. That said, I can tell you for darn sure that I would not fail to call 911 and hide the body. Add to that the information that has come out about Willow's uncle chasing poor Willow down for allegedly scratching him and his strange details about masturbating and kitty litter and I don't for a second give that guy any sympathy....my sympathy is all for precious Willow.

I may be really odd, but originally I could kind of sympathize (just kind of) with the whole "mercy killing" thing. It has always been my initial, guttural reaction when I see a person or animal suffering in intense pain that "someone has to do something immediately to end their suffering." I know my reaction is completely illogical. I am not a medical professional or a vet so how do I know if the person/animal is really dying? People and animals can survive horrific events. I once ran over a kitten and was screaming for my husband to end her suffering when she only had a broken leg. (My husband, thinking my hysterics were ridiculous, did not comply with my request and with a little treatment, she was completely fine.) I honestly don't know how I would react if I panicked and thought someone I loved was dying a horrific death. That said, I can tell you for darn sure that I would not fail to call 911 and hide the body. Add to that the information that has come out about Willow's uncle chasing poor Willow down for allegedly scratching him and his strange details about masturbating and kitty litter and I don't for a second give that guy any sympathy....my sympathy is all for precious Willow.

I'm not going to argue with your trying to rationalize the "mercy killing" aspect here, because you're entitled to your opinion, I respect it, and I can see where you're coming from (whether I agree or not)... However, even if we could make ourselves think, "Maybe in a panic, someone would really do this," it would not work because of the defensive wounds on her little hands/arms. IMO... This shows that she was alive enough to fight back. Add in the brutality of the killing itself (Tried to stab her 5 times in the heart and slit her throat?), and even if not for the rest of his stupid story, I think it rules out "mercy." Again, JMO.

Also, I have grown up in the "farm life" and have been around hunting half my life. I have had to put an animal or 3 out of its misery, and it has never been in such a violent way as what JD did to poor little Willow. Also, I definitely cried while doing so. (And I'm talking a bird that was shot, but not dead... A rabbit that was shot, but not dead... That's incredibly difficult for me, even when it needs to be done. A little girl? Not a chance, no matter what, for me, personally.)

I know I couldn't slit someones throat and stab them no matter how much I loved them and how great their suffering was. To me, for JD to have done this, he had to have psycho/socio tendencies of some sort. And, to do it so brutally. His username on many social sites is "to defy heaven" - I can't help but think there is a possibility he was into the occult or some other extreme way of thinking. A "mercy killing" that is that brutal makes me think he thought he was doing the world a favor.

JMO

A bug, an animal...a dude that just broke into your house and you already shot him once and he's laying there bleeding out and dying... sure, I can see wanting to put them out of their misery.

A CHILD? A little girl that your sister gave birth to, that you've spent over 7 years watching grow up?

Nope. He's thinking only of himself and how to ease the punishment.

I know I couldn't slit someones throat and stab them no matter how much I loved them and how great their suffering was. To me, for JD to have done this, he had to have psycho/socio tendencies of some sort. And, to do it so brutally. His username on many social sites is "to defy heaven" - I can't help but think there is a possibility he was into the occult or some other extreme way of thinking. A "mercy killing" that is that brutal makes me think he thought he was doing the world a favor.

JMO

Respectfully, I am tired of seeing people throw around the words psychopath and sociopath here. Those people have no empathy, so the idea to put one out of ones misery wouldn't occur to such people.

My thinking, anyway, I'm not a psychiatrist.

(Not that I believe his goal was to put her out of her misery... unless he'd already harmed her and then in his twisted mind... ugh. Nevermind. Grr)

I can;t find link right now, but many of you all were saying how you hope the 3 yr old wasn't left home alone while uncle disposed of body/went to work. In early reports, it was stated that CD took toddler, went out around the block looking for WL, called her mom who then called JD- CD got home and JD "was crying" saying WL wasn't there.

let me get off phone & will look for link

ETA:
http://shelbycountynews.net/search-...ay-evening-after-temporary-delay-p24744-1.htm

Nathanial “would not stop crying and we couldn’t find her. I called my mom as we were going around the block and I told her and she called my brother and talked to him. By the time I got up here I was dialing 9-1-1 and he came out and he was crying and he couldn’t find her in the house and I couldn’t find her

Unfortunately this doesn't answer the question for me. If he disposed of the body during the night, when CD was still out at the bar, where was the 3 year old?

Either way the 3 year old may have been exposed to a murder. I just hope he didn't see anything.

Unfortunately this doesn't answer the question for me. If he disposed of the body during the night, when CD was still out at the bar, where was the 3 year old?

Either way the 3 year old may have been exposed to a murder. I just hope he didn't see anything.

I bet the 3 yr old was sleeping and left alone at the home during the murder.

Oh, I am with you there. Soooo many unanswered questions- twisted stories- confusion and chaos.

Such a damn shame.

Respectfully, I am tired of seeing people throw around the words psychopath and sociopath here. Those people have no empathy, so the idea to put one out of ones misery wouldn't occur to such people.

My thinking, anyway, I'm not a psychiatrist.

I'm not a psychiatrist or psychologist, either, but the idea of SAYING he was putting her out of her misery might occur to one, IMO... It doesn't mean it's what he was actually DOING. Just a way to try to get people to sympathize with him in the horrible situation he was accidentally, supposedly put into.

IOW, no he couldn't feel sympathy for someone and want to end their suffering, but he COULD potentially feel sympathy for HIMSELF and therefore say it, trying to make himself the "victim."

(All my opinion, and I'm not saying he IS a psychopath or sociopath. I'm not qualified to diagnose him. I'm just saying I think it's plausible for a psychopath/sociopath to SAY they put someone or something "out of its misery.")

IMO she was out all night and didn't want to admit she had left her kids in the care of her brother all night - for whatever reason. Possibly she didn't want her boyfriend to know, or was with her boyfriend and afraid of child services, or didn't want the kids' dads to know (custody issues?).

However it happened, it was extremely negligent on her part not to be 100% completely honest with LE from the beginning.

It is interesting that the Probable Cause Statement says... "she did not return to the residence until after midnight on the morning of Sunday, 8 September, 2013."

Maybe just maybe something happened in the bathroom.

I said this way back when this info first came to light..the glasses has also been bugging me, If Willow was really going to watch a movie she would have had her glasses on so did they get knocked off while she was trying to get away or were they on a bedside table where Willow was sleeping ? I would Love to know where exactly and in what condition these glasses were found in..JMO AND :twocents:

I do not recall reading any reports as to where the 3 year old was during all of these events. I am guessing because of his age, he was asleep...well I am hoping he was asleep. jmo

I said this way back when this info first came to light..the glasses has also been bugging me, If Willow was really going to watch a movie she would have had her glasses on so did they get knocked off while she was trying to get away or were they on a bedside table where Willow was sleeping ? I would Love to know where exactly and in what condition these glasses were found in..JMO AND :twocents:

Per the probable cause doc, they were in her bedroom. No details as to where in the bedroom or their condition.

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/11/new-details-emerge-in-death-of-willow-long/

JMO

Warning Graphic :

I do feel like everything he has said is to cover something. There is a tiny bit of truth to everything. While I do feel he intended to kill her for no good reason, he may have been startled by the suffering. I keep trying to think "Why slit her throat, and stab her". I know it has been said her that if he slit her throat she would be silent. Unfortunately that is not always the case. A wound to the throat can produce noises, even screams, horrible ones. So if he intended to kill her by slitting her throat, and then couldn't take the suffering he was being "forced" to watch he may have stabbed her just to get her to die quicker. He may try and justify that as a mercy killing, even though he didn't have to slit her throat in the first place. It would not have been any empathy for her however, he would have done it just so he didn't have to suffer through it.

didn't seem that odd to me.. he's a young man still living with his parents. Maybe mom still goes into his room, picks up his clothes, strips the bed, does the laundry. The bathroom is easier to clean.

Not saying that other things didn't happen, just that I don't think it's that unusual to go into the bathroom.

Yeah but his parents were gone, his sister was out so why would he need to go in the bathroom to masturbate ESPECIALLY if he was supposed to be watching Willow and her little brother. I noticed in the probable cause report that he was in the bathroom for 30 minutes. He's awfully specific with odd things - stabbing her 5 times for example. For someone in a supposed panic, he somehow managed to keep track of how many times he stabbed her? He somehow keeps track of how long he was watching *advertiser censored* and masturbating? What time did all of this happen? Was it after the kids went to bed? If so, why would he need to be in the bathroom? If he was in the bathroom, what if Willow walked in on him and he decided to act on his urges (she fought back) OR maybe she saw something he was watching (child *advertiser censored* perhaps?). Either way he was afraid she'd tell.

I think there are elements of truth in his story. It's easier to stick with a lie when it mirrors the truth. I believe he was watching *advertiser censored*, masturbating, Willow made him angry somehow, he killed her. I can't see her successfully running away from him if she couldn't see without her glasses. I think the falling on a pile of sticks and one impaling her throat is hogwash. To "end her suffering" he slit her throat AND stabbed her 5 times!? That's overkill IMO.

Does anyone know if they will check his system for drug use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat