GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

Is the Pre-Trial hearing still on for today?

:please:

TIA... :seeya:

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...IL-/010914deryke-hearing.jpg.html?sort=6&o=26

If I am reading this correctly... It looks like the next hearing is February 10th...

Am I correct?

I hope you don't mind I linked this from your photobucket, AmandaReckonwith... :seeya:

Sorry to quote my own post... But I read it more in depth this time...:blushing:

I THINK it reports... In short... That there was to be a pre-trial hearing today... And the trial was set for Monday, February 10th...

But hardly anyone seems to be ready/prepared... :banghead:

Therefore trial date is put off until (too long IMO) later...

:sigh:

JMO

Sorry to quote my own post... But I read it more in depth this time...:blushing:

I THINK it reports... In short... That there was to be a pre-trial hearing today... And the trial was set for Monday, February 10th...

But hardly anyone seems to be ready/prepared... :banghead:

Therefore trial date is put off until (too long IMO) later...

:sigh:

JMO

Yes, you did read it right. But schedule changed since that article was posted. Today was a brief hearing, then the next is 3/18/14.

Yes, you did read it right. But schedule changed since that article was posted. Today was a brief hearing, then the next is 3/18/14.

Thank you so much for clarifying...

I didn't read far enough...

Oops!

:seeya:

No worries, the news in this case has been confusing. Best coverage is Greg Sapp at the xradio site (I forget the letters) but in his article (linked in my #546 post, bottom link), he says:

During a brief court appearance Tuesday morning, Effingham County Public Defender Scott Schmidt requested a continuance until the April trial setting. Schmidt said they cannot be ready for trial this coming Monday as had been scheduled.

Effingham County State's Attorney Bryan Kibler had no objection to the request for a continuance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura Hettiger KMOV ‏@LauraKHettiger 57s
#breaking: Justin DeRkye pleads guilty to murdering #WillowLong; sentenced to natural life in prison without the possibility of parole @kmov

Justin DeRyke has pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree murder in connection with the September murder of 7-year-old Willow Long in Effingham County.

Effingham County prosecutors say DeRyke will serve natural life in prison, with no possibility of parole.

We'll have more on this story as it becomes available.

http://www.wics.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_16173.shtml

How timely! The weeping willow trees here are budding. Every time I see a weeping willow with its long flowing branches, I think of little Miss Willow’s beautiful red hair, her lovely smile, and it makes me smile. It is so sad what happened at the hands of her uncle who she trusted and loved. But I prefer to think of Willow running and playing in heaven safely with all our other WS children whose lives have been stolen from them. They have each other and are no longer suffering in any way.

:rose: Willow, you are loved. :rose:

Bless little Willow.
I guess this is all that can be done, for her, for now, but it's a bittersweet victory. True justice would have been for her to live & make her own way in the world away from the circumstances of her birth. I am glad her killer will never be free, but my heart is heavy tonight.

I wonder if the plea was in exchange for taking sexual assault off the table. Leaving that out could make the social aspect of life in prison slightly less daunting. Sorry, but the *advertiser censored*/masturbation story was just too unsettlingly convenient for that not to have been a factor. JMO.

I wonder if the plea was in exchange for taking sexual assault off the table. Leaving that out could make the social aspect of life in prison slightly less daunting. Sorry, but the *advertiser censored*/masturbation story was just too unsettlingly convenient for that not to have been a factor. JMO.

I had the same thought, sadly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back