GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

That rings a bell, I seem to remember the article mentioning the bf's mother, and thinking "oh she must be relatively famous in the US, but I've never heard of her" (I'm in the UK).

Am I right in thinking the bf's mother is the local mayor's wife?

Thank you for the warm welcome too guys, I've been lurking since the Alanna Gallagher case, but only just plucked up the courage to post :)

She isn't a celebrity of any sort. She is a lifelong local resident and she is an incredibly loving and caring woman who was absolutely distraught over Willow's disappearance. The person who said it was just a tight-knit community was absolutely correct. The BF's mom went to school in Shelbyville, it was a Shelbyville paper and she was the only tangible link Shelbyville had with the case. That's all. :)

Do we know if any local media will be possibly tweeting from court today? TIA

How did she see Willow on Sunday morning, feed her breakfast, etc? Willow was dead hours before CD claimed to have done these things....I know many people think its no big deal if CD lied to LE. I disagree. Willow deserved better from her mother....:twocents:

CD may have been hoping no one would know she was out Saturday night, while having her brother watch her children. I don't think she wanted her parents to know.

I am the mother of 2 children, 1 is special needs. If either one of my children 'disappeared', my life would be an open book. If LE wanted a detailed description of every place I had been, every person I talked to in my adventures for the evening, it is theirs!!!

Before anyone asks, yes, we would go out occasionally to the bar for some down time and hire a sitter. The first thing I did, even if it was hubby with the children while I was out, was to check both children as soon as I walked in the back door. Then I set my alarm because I knew my daughter was an early bird. I never ever, no matter how bad I felt, put my head back down on the pillow until they took naps in the afternoon, and then I did it with a baby monitor next to my head. That is called parenting. You brought those children into this world and you are responsible for their safety and care.

Maybe that is why I have trouble processing any reason this mother would lie about her activities.

jmo

I hear ya. Your a good Mom.

This clip is so hard to watch. The sheriff keeps making reference to her walking off---walking out of the house, hard to say how far she could have walked, possibly walking down the railroad tracks or walking off into a corn or bean field. All based on inaccurate information provided by CD. And this clip was made after dark as we can see by the backround. CD had all day to come forward with accurate information .......... and she didn't. There's no excuse IMO.

CD may have been hoping no one would know she was out Saturday night, while having her brother watch her children. I don't think she wanted her parents to know.

Exactly....putting her wants above everyone else. Including her babies.

All i can say is that you aren't rational when a loved one goes missing. My children are my cats and one escaped three days ago.I was without sleep, crying, having panic attacks, on anxiety meds and my anti depressants but nothing helped, the thought of her out there in the cold with no one to look after her and all the predators (coyotes etc) had me completely irrational.

I expected my partner who is 5 hours away to drop everything and come on up and was wildly angry that she couldn't. Hysterical. I thought of her as haqving escaped when it was my partner who had shooed her out of the penned in deck thinking she was a feral i feed. In my mind that was my fault but i was to ashamed to admit it. It made no sense but i had to think she escaped. it wasn't anyones fault it was an accident, a mixup.

I can see CD being unable to admit she left the kids with her brother even though it makes no sense at all. She would of course be clinging to best case scenario and probably believed 100% that Willow had run off to play and gotten lost or something. In her mind the lie wasn't even a lie i don't think and by the time it became obvious something beyond just lost was happening then she had to tell the truth but it takes time for your mind to make sense of it.

Yes mine was just a cat but like i said they are my children. And I caught her this morning at 5 Am and finally had a good few hours sleep.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7660-deryke-pleads-not-guilty-to-willow-s-murder

He's pleading not guilty. It's currently on the radio, too.

ETA:
DeRyke also requested a jury trial. Judge Tungate scheduled DeRyke's trial for December 2 at 8:30am although it's highly unlikely the sides will be ready for trial by that time. The trial date was set within the 120-day speedy trial guideline in Illinois courts. A pre-trial hearing on any pending matters in the case was set for 11am on October 22.

State's Attorney Bryan Kibler also at the hearing filed a motion to seek natural life in prison for DeRyke if he is convicted on any of the three counts.

I just don't think one should be allowed to plead "not guilty" after admitting he did it!

I can't say what I want to say right now about Mr Justin Deryke- I do NOT want a time-out. If his family (mother, father, sister) are backing him up on this plea I am going to blow a gasket- seriously.

don't they usually plead not guilty in order for defense to have discovery on the prosecution's findings...i could be wrong...probably am...

gitana?

december 2nd. seriously? ugh.

:waiting:

(ETA i agree with you, frigga)

I'm not an attorney but I think he admitted killing her to put her out of her misery after a "tragic accident."
He is pleading not guilty to 1st degree murder charges, hoping for a lesser charge.
Annoying as this is it is the way it usually goes.

Too lazy to look it up, but ,"not guilty" is some kind of legal maneuvering. Not necessarily related to guilt or not guilt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back