Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a woman.

That's the key distinction IMO. If you draw that picture, it could be an expression of what you feel on the inside. Your POV is the woman in the picture.

If he, as a man, draws that picture or has affinity for it, his POV is that of someone looking at the woman, from outside the picture. Lurking. Leering at her. Stalking her. Wanting to attack her.

That's the key distinction IMO. If you draw that picture, it could be an expression of what you feel on the inside. Your POV is the woman in the picture.

If he, as a man, draws that picture or has affinity for it, his POV is that of someone looking at the woman, from outside the picture. Lurking. Leering at her. Stalking her. Wanting to attack her.
We don't know the artists POV. He may still see himself in that position regardless of gender etc. I dont think a man bring behind the pencil makes the POV inherently maliciois.

That aside, his drawings did not depict suck dark things. Just darker drawings that were interpreted in retrospect

The key distinction is that the suspect is one sick individual.

I can't wait to explain my browser history to MrObrien.
:-D

We can analyze the statistics, look at the offender's past or comb through the clues; at the end of the day, a young woman came here to better her life. No matter what, a family is heartbroken tonight. A daughter isn't coming home.

And that's incredibly sad, I think.

At times of all-consuming grief and anger I sometimes draw a smidgen of comfort from the classic, Mary Elizabeth Frye poem:

————————
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft star-shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.
————————

May you be in a better place Yingying….

There is truly no such thing as “closure” in instances like this, certainly not for the parents losing an only child; their lives are forever changed. I know people mean well when they use that word, but wish we had a different expression.

We don't know the artists POV. He may still see himself in that position regardless of gender etc. I dont think a man bring behind the pencil makes the POV inherently maliciois.

That aside, his drawings did not depict suck dark things. Just darker drawings that were interpreted in retrospect

Again, we'll disagree. You said you are a woman, and you draw women chained up, starving, etc. because it's an expression of emotions you feel on the inside. If this man draws or enjoys looking at the same pictures, don't you think that he is expressing emotions that he feels on the inside too? His affinity for those pictures are from his point of view. The onlooker. Why does he enjoy looking at women who are alone, in dark settings, vulnerable, and isolated? There are a few possibilities but most of them stem from the same idea.

<modsnip> Just because the drawings are dark doesn't mean much. Taking a more nuanced look paints a more disturbing picture.

If this is him, it appears he was a grad student at the university: http://physics.illinois.edu/people/directory/profile/bchrstn2

ETA: As there is not much information on this page, it's hard for me to confirm it is him with certainty, but the names and location match. Just wanted to clarify.

Well looks like he has a Ph.D in physics.

Does anybody way back remember who posted they thought the killer would be somebody associated with the university and about 26 years old? I think it was around the time a poster gave examples of Asian female students abducted by boyfriends. That poster was right on. Wow!

It's a straight shot, about a 9 minute drive from the North Goodwin bus stop to the Stonegate apartments. He would have driven right past The Terminal. By the time her phone pinged around 2:30 p.m. he would have already been at his apartment. I wonder if he threw her phone out the window as he drove by.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Goo...1!1s0x880cd06088ebe7c1:0xd9224a5798e2fda5!3e0

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8766.JPG
    IMG_8766.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 453
Does anybody way back remember who posted they thought the killer would be somebody associated with the university and about 26 years old? I think it was around the time a poster gave examples of Asian female students abducted by boyfriends. That poster was right on. Wow!
I think this is the post from Webthrush you are referring to:

I don&#8217;t want to make too much of it, but the similarity is that the crime occurred during daytime on a college campus, the victim a petite Asian female grad student &#8212; what I&#8217;m mainly wondering is if the perp in Zhang&#8217;s case will also turn out to be a ~26-yr.-old male university employee who knew his victim, and perhaps had a similar personality or profile to Le&#8217;s assaulter... probably a stretch (but so is a lot of the speculation being made), and I&#8217;m guessing the FBI may have already worked up some sort of &#8220;profile&#8221; of who they are pursuing.

So we still need to find Yingying. If he doesn't confess, where will they search? Dodds Park, the landfill, .... ?

So we still need to find Yingying. If he doesn't confess, where will they search? Dodds Park, the landfill, .... ?
In states with the death penalty that is often a bargaining chip to get perps to divulge location of a body (‘tell us where the body is and we won’t ask for the death penalty'). What leverage do prosecutors have in Illinois with no death penalty? (although this narcissistic perp may squeal on himself without much pressure)

looking at the times though it doesnt quite work. she changed it early in the morning and he was questioned at night. the criminal complaint says his car was identified after she changed it. something doesn't add up there. she didn't change it in response to him being questioned
Is it possible that more than one person is involved with Yingying's disappearance?

In states with the death penalty that is often a bargaining chip to get perps to divulge location of a body (&#8216;tell us where the body is and we won&#8217;t ask for the death penalty'). What leverage do prosecutors have in Illinois with no death penalty? (although this narcissistic perp may squeal on himself without much pressure)

It's a federal case, so the State of Illinois will not be prosecuting. Federal prosecutors and the Department of Justice will handle everything. He will appear in U.S. District Court on Monday.

In states with the death penalty that is often a bargaining chip to get perps to divulge location of a body (&#8216;tell us where the body is and we won&#8217;t ask for the death penalty'). What leverage do prosecutors have in Illinois with no death penalty? (although this narcissistic perp may squeal on himself without much pressure)
It's a federal case, so the State of Illinois will not be prosecuting. Federal prosecutors and the Department of Justice will handle everything. He will appear in U.S. District Court on Monday.
The FBI already has a lot of info leading up to her abduction and some information directly following. He may confess in the next days as a plea. Or maybe a family member or friend will convince him to.

Hi everyone,
I think there was some mention earlier in the thread that the Saturn has OnStar. Does OnStar keep a history of where a car has been or just provide data of where a car is in real time? From the research I've done online, it looks like it is just the latter, but if possible I'd like to get confirmation from someone who has experience with the service.

Thank you so much! :tyou:

Wow a lot of you were right on the money.

This just need to tell where he hid her body.

Sleep easy yingying.

I wasn't reading too much into it, I was just adding to the predator post. However he was very into the anime scene by his likes so I wonder if Asian women were actually part of his abduction fantasy? Again, maybe not, but who knows.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm assuming that she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. And she was smaller than him and trusting of him being a fellow student. Abduction 101, step one check; step two, check.

As a foreign exchange student, I probably would have gone with him too (looks normal, parking sticker on car, maybe showed his ID).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prosoham