Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Last week investigators said they don't believe the 26-year-old Chinese scholar is still alive. The announcement came as a blow to Zhang's family who flew to the U.S. from China after she disappeared.

"They still have the hope," Zhang family attorney Zhidong Wang said. "No one told them it's 100 percent. No one told them we have the body yet. They still, deeply in their mind, Yingying might still be alive somewhere."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chinese...ristensen-allegedly-spoke-about-ideal-victim/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could believe this was her. :-(

Me too. What a miracle that would be!

I don't know much about her home culture. If she were kidnapped and raped, would there be a cultural reason she might stay off the grid? If this were her, she would surely know her parents are frantic, right? Could a trauma have caused her to lose some reality? Is school in session or on a break? Don't y'all love how I grasp at straws? Keeping the faith....

I've seen this referenced, but no links. Do you have one?
The information about the phone ping came from the second, more detailed missing poster that her friends/colleagues put together and posted on Facebook and around town on the 11th. As far as I know, that tidbit was only verbally given to the people who first reported her missing, before it was known that she had gotten into a car, and before the FBI became involved.

So, according to the rules on this site, since it wasn't publicly released by law enforcement nor picked up by the news... it has to remain a rumor, yes?
2904c463a74122a28fbdf931cb5aad7c.jpg
29bc90c834cb66bddcb01a89010c1f69.jpg
9ae2f0ea029b62f950e3c86a362653b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2017-2-*Arrest*/page4&p=13464689#post13464689

Here's the flyer that mentions her phone activity. I can't find a news link, either. However, FWIW, the Illinois Terminal would be on the way from the bus stop to Stonegate.

VERY helpful, thanks!
I found one link that says this
Her last phone activity was at Illinois Terminal at 2:30 pm June 9th, as reported by the University of Illinois Police.
http://www.chicagochinaren.com/f/page_viewtopic/t_32710.html

I'm not sure about this site, it doesn't translate for me. Is it msm?

Of all the twists and turns in this case, this has to be the piece I'm having the hardest time understanding. I'm familiar with that complex and it would be really difficult to accomplish without someone seeing. I realize he's on audio 2 different times discussing how he brought her back to his apartment but still, in my mind, I don't think he actually did.

might be easy to do if there is a gun or weapon to your back.

The information about the phone ping came from the second, more detailed missing poster that her friends/colleagues put together and posted on Facebook and around town on the 11th. As far as I know, that tidbit was only verbally given to the people who first reported her missing, before it was known that she had gotten into a car, and before the FBI became involved.

So, according to the rules on this site, since it wasn't publicly released by law enforcement nor picked up by the news... it has to remain a rumor, yes?

Where was this flyer posted? Was it on the Find Yingying FB page?

That FB page is approved to link here.

We just need to establish the original source for the flyer to ensure it is legitimate.

I did find this info on one site, which I linked. The thing is though...the site doesn't translate for me, so I'm not sure if it's allowable msm.

Where was this flyer posted? Was it on the Find Yingying FB page?

That FB page is approved to link here.

We just need to establish the original source for the flyer to ensure it is legitimate.

I'm attempting to locate the original now.

That or the law firm took this on pro bono.
They'll no doubt gain tons of publicity/attention for taking this case, but given how long and difficult it may be, I doubt they're doing it pro bono (always had impression pro bono work tended to be shorter, simpler cases, but maybe I'm wrong).

I checked the Find Yingying FB page and the UIPD FB page and I didn't see the flyer in question. I want to allow it, but we do need some kind of verifiable source.

It seems like this guy wanted people to know about his evil thoughts/ways. He joined a web forum. He admitted his crime to someone during an apparent phone conversation. He attended a vigil. Surely he will want everyone to know the details of his crime. Surely he will confess soon and provide details of what he did. If was questioning him, I'd want him to think I was in awe of his achievement just to get him to brag about it.

I am curious about this guy's money situation. It sounds like he wasn't working. Who was paying his bills? Was he hurting for money?

I am wondering about that too because on the website he listed himself as married, and went as far to specify that she did not have an account on Fetlife, which I would understand as implying she would not be part of any fantasies of people who wanted that sort of thing. Seems maybe the wife would be paying the bills while he is in school, or he is on student loan, or if he is a TA, he would be getting paid for that, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member