Illinois appeals court has denied a petition to lessen Peterson's $20 million bail.

I don't think that Stacy's case is necessarily weak. IIRC there are over 40,000 pages of documents that the state has, in her case. But, why charge Drew for her's at the same time. There is no rush, Drew is in jail, and meanwhile they may find Stacy and strengthen the case for her. At least Sharon, (neighbor), Morphey, Len & Paula, etc. are safe while Drew is incarcerated. And he can no longer be such an influence on the four younger children.

40,000 pages of documents sounds like a lot and I certainly have no idea what's in them.

But I do know what they don't have: They don't have a body. They don't have an autopsy report saying she was a victim of homicide. They don't have any eye witnesses who saw her being murdered. They don't have divorce papers filed by Stacy against Drew. They don't have restraining orders filed by Stacy against Drew. They don't have a certificate of death.

All that being said, they may still have a smoking gun that when put before an intelligent jury would lead to only one conclusion. But, I suspect that they don't have what they think they need.

The major problem with not filing sooner rather than later is that people forget facts which then makes it easy for a lawyer to impeach them on the stand. Witnesses die. Evidence gets misplaced. Detectives retire and then new ones have to re-learn the case.

So, it's great that Drew is in jail. We who think he is guilty of at least one murder are glad. Also, since he likes attention, I guess we can be happy that even that freedom is gone.

Really, right now, it sucks to be Drew Peterson.........EXCELLENT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back