Immunity and the A Family- **MERGED**Charges??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, at least JB claims his client is not guilty and when you hear the whole story you will be amazed. LA's attorney just says, "My client might be arrested soon!" and "I take that back!"

I really don't think any of the Anths will end up being charged with anything, even maybe they should be, but it's just different when it's one of their OWN lawyers saying they might be charged. If it was just a "source" I'd ignore it, but it's his own lawyer! :doh:

I don't think he will be arrested either, but if he deleted things from her computer that very night then they ALL knew and I think he should be arrested. Wasn't he the one who told LE that there was nothing in her email, etc...?:furious:

Could this be a ploy to keep everyone following this case, from focusing on KC? Create a stir and hopefully it will keep people from focusing on the doc dumps?

The reason I say that is that there aren't as many people as we think that are like those here on WS that follow in detail the finer points of this case.

I was listening to JVM and NG last night and some of the questions from the callers were surprising. Like for instance, one wanted to know about the guy that ZFG had babysat for...caller sounded as if she actually believed that story. Another wanted to know about the RM and his chloroform picture.

Anyway, I just wonder if this could be a diversion tactic? Just my thoughts for this morning:)

Lee Anthony's Attorney Says Client May Be Charged
Attorney: Lee Anthony Could Face Obstruction Of Justice Charges

POSTED: 12:14 pm EST January 26, 2009
UPDATED: 7:21 pm EST January 26, 2009

Lee Anthony’s attorney is speculating that his client may be charged in connection with his actions while his niece, Caylee Anthony, was missing.

Casey Anthony, Lee Anthony’s sister, is charged with Caylee’s murder. Caylee was 2 when she was reported missing in July. Her remains were found near the Anthony family home in December.

His attorney, Tom Luka, said the fact that Lee Anthony has not received a subpoena to testify could signal that the state may be looking to file charges against him. If he was subpoenaed, anything he said at a hearing could not be used against him in subsequent criminal charges.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18565575/detail.html

I don't think he will be arrested either, but if he deleted things from her computer that very night then they ALL knew and I think he should be arrested. Wasn't he the one who told LE that there was nothing in her email, etc...?:furious:

I do think he may have deleted things from her computer that night (it was either him or TonE, but someone certainly did and I don't think she would've had time unless she just so happened to be doing deletions when CA showed up. But I don't think that necessarily means that they ALL knew. They all may have known that Casey was posing for *advertiser censored* pictures or doing some other sort of illegal sex or drug activity, which is what I think those deletions were probably about. But, I seriously doubt that Miss Casey had files on her computer saying Caylee was dead, that she killed her, and that her body was in the woods at the end of their street. She's dumb, but she isn't that dumb.

I do think he may have deleted things from her computer that night (it was either him or TonE, but someone certainly did and I don't think she would've had time unless she just so happened to be doing deletions when CA showed up. But I don't think that necessarily means that they ALL knew. They all may have known that Casey was posing for *advertiser censored* pictures or doing some other sort of illegal sex or drug activity, which is what I think those deletions were probably about. But, I seriously doubt that Miss Casey had files on her computer saying Caylee was dead, that she killed her, and that her body was in the woods at the end of their street. She's dumb, but she isn't that dumb.

Was LA out of town June 15-16?

Just to get the ball rolling....I brought this over from an update by QB in the "Current News" thread.....

QB posted :

Lee Anthony to face tough Questions in Deposition

http://www.wftv.com/news/20222332/detail.html

This article states that LA has been granted immunity - did we know this?
2nd paragraph from the bottom

Now, I'll ask...."did we know this"????? LOL

Here is the definition of use immunity that Angel linked on the daily media thread:

Use immunity

Definition
: immunity granted to a witness in a criminal case that prevents the use of the witness's compelled testimony against that witness in a criminal prosecution
Transactional and use immunity are granted to preserve the constitutional protection against self-incrimination. The states grant either form of this immunity, while the federal government grants only use immunity. A witness with use immunity may still be prosecuted, but only based on evidence not gathered from the protected testimony.
2 : a usu. statutory prohibition that excludes specific documents or information from discovery

So, anything Lee says during today's depo will be considered protected testimony that can't be used against him at trial later if he is charged - AND - he still could be charged based on other evidence gathered. Right?

Nancy Grace covered this a while ago and someone just posted that link but now I can't find it. Thought it was on this thread. Was it deleted?

Soooo what this is saying is that basically, whatever Lee says (my sister did tell me that she killed my niece) will not be used against him. Am I correct?

He knows or rather knew something that compelled him to seek immunity before the deposition or he did something - whichever, it would have to be something that he could actually be charged with - something criminal. Possibly something like, Obstructing an ongoing criminal investigation type charge
1)attempted to delete all files on KC's computer while at AL's or before he took it to parents house
2)knew Caylee was dead but continued to perpetuate the "nanny" took her and she's alive scenario
3)etc etc

or what if he was the one in the middle of the "CA sent PI to remains site" thing? Meaning... KC told ? where Caylee was and told ? to tell LA who told CA who sent PI to check out the remains site? Right before Caylee was found, the PI's searched the remains site and then the Anthony's gave a presser with MB and CA looked half dead.

Although ignorance of the law is no excuse, I don't think Lee was at all worried about what he had done or said that might have criminal implications, until he talked to Ts. Luka, former prosecutor. From the beginning of their counsel-client relationship, Ts. sought at the very least use immunity for Lee. Now we learn he was able to obtain it.

Just saw in Tangerinemoon's message in today's news that Luka has resigned as attorney representing LA because he was no longer needed. Wow!

I don't know what that could mean to the case because wasn't it LA that said way back for all the A's not to take the lie detector test..... ????

As much as I hate to say it, I do not believe there will be any charges brought against the senior Anthony's. Too many people still see them as misguided grieving grandparents who were overwhelmed by the situation.

I do believe that their actions open doors for future families, in future cases, to 'skirt' the law by trying to help the accused. However, I doubt if the SA's office will agree strongly enough to seek charges.

As for Lee, unless it can be proven that he had some sort of 'hands on' participation in the actual crime or disposal of little Caylee, he, too, will be safe from prosecution.

It may not be what they deserve, but I do believe it is what will happen...or in this case....not happen.

Am I the only one who didn't know that Lee was granted Immunity?! :eek: I read that yesterday and almost fell out of my chair. (If I did know it from before...I must have blocked it from my memory bank because I was in disbelief the SA would do such a thing!) :mad:

And what in the sam hill is "use immunity"?!

Casey Anthony: Lee's deposition not finished, WESH reports
posted by halboedeker on Jul 31, 2009 1:05:43 PM

Quote:
What's up with Lee Anthony and his deposition?

"Lee Anthony isn't done yet. Yesterday, he spent nine hours in the hot seat at the state attorney's office," WESH-Channel 2 anchor Scott Walker reported at noon today.

Quote:
Tom Luka, Lee's attorney, told reporters that his client would make a statement after the deposition is completed.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...h-reports.html

Well, Luka must be pretty confident that Lee is going to be OK-cause according to this-his deposition isn't over yet! :waitasec:

Am I the only one who didn't know that Lee was granted Immunity?! :eek: I read that yesterday and almost fell out of my chair. (If I did know it from before...I must have blocked it from my memory bank because I was in disbelief the SA would do such a thing!) :mad:

And what in the sam hill is "use immunity"?!

Here is the definition of use immunity that Angel linked on the daily media thread:

Use immunity

Definition
: immunity granted to a witness in a criminal case that prevents the use of the witness's compelled testimony against that witness in a criminal prosecution
Transactional and use immunity are granted to preserve the constitutional protection against self-incrimination. The states grant either form of this immunity, while the federal government grants only use immunity. A witness with use immunity may still be prosecuted, but only based on evidence not gathered from the protected testimony.
2 : a usu. statutory prohibition that excludes specific documents or information from discovery

Just wondering if Lee admits that early-on he was told by Casey that she killed Caylee, and that he did delete some computer files, or he did know where the body was and told someone - wouldn't that, at least, implicate Casey further and make it easier for the State?

Just wondering if Lee admits that early-on he was told by Casey that she killed Caylee, and that he did delete some computer files, or he did know where the body was and told someone - wouldn't that, at least, implicate Casey further and make it easier for the State?

Lee may have had a completely different reason for deleting computer files that night that had nothing to do with Caylee. They might have been evidence regarding something else KC was doing that was illegal or could get her in hot water. It's so frustrating not being able to trust that we get the complete truth out of any of them.

Let's discuss Lee's Immunity here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87245"]Lee Anthony's Lawyer Exits Case/Lee's Immunity - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] since it now known that Lee has Immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe