Imperfect Justice-Prosecuting Casey Anthony by Jeff Ashton

Status
Not open for further replies.
She can afford to donate all that money -- she made a mint off of Caylee's death.

Did NG get extra pay for it or something? I am guessing it all went to the networks, unless she got an enormous bonus out of it.

There is one big problem with this book of JA's . Everyone will receive it at different times and some people read faster than others. How the heck are we going to discuss it ?
Some will always be ahead and some will always be behind.
Now THIS is a problem.
Maybe we should read it together : )

Separate the discussion threads into chapters - like Chapter 1 -4 or pages 1 -63 (or content location for e-readers

Are you perhaps thinking about Borders? They are the big bookstore that's been in the news lately (closing up shop). AFAIK, Barnes & Noble are doing OK.

From what I've heard, Barnes and Noble is not too far behind Borders. It hasn't gone bankrupt yet, but the print book business is definitely suffering. I expect to see more bookstores close in the coming years. B and N will probably go completely online at some point.

Did NG get extra pay for it or something? I am guessing it all went to the networks, unless she got an enormous bonus out of it.

ITA. Nancy Grace, like or hate her, stood up for Caylee. Heck, she's even sympathetic to the Anthony's, and there are still naysayers. Again, not everyone who's ever spoken about this case is evil and out for money. Good Lord. This bashing of everyone who ever talked about Caylee and might have been paid for it (and isn't it NG's salary, the reason she's paid at all, to have her show and stand up for victims?) or will get paid for it is really getting out of control. Are people that mad that Casey and the A's are losing out so badly that now anyone who makes a cent or ever spoke about this case is evil and greedy? Where the heck does it stop? Sheesh.

ITA. Nancy Grace, like or hate her, stood up for Caylee. Heck, she's even sympathetic to the Anthony's, and there are still naysayers. Again, not everyone who's ever spoken about this case is evil and out for money. Good Lord. This bashing of everyone who ever talked about Caylee and might have been paid for it (and isn't it NG's salary, the reason she's paid at all, to have her show and stand up for victims?) or will get paid for it is really getting out of control. Are people that mad that Casey and the A's are losing out so badly that now anyone who makes a cent or ever spoke about this case is evil and greedy? Where the heck does it stop? Sheesh.

In the broadest sense of the word blood money, anyone who profits off a tragic death is being paid in blood money. This would include reporters, DT, newstations, magazines, prosecution, family, friends, basically anyone. Some believe that no one, absolutely no one should profit off a tragedy. They are entitled to their opinion.

1. compensation paid to the relatives of a murdered person
2. money paid to a hired murderer
3. a reward for information about a criminal, esp a murderer
in the above 1,2, and 3 blood money refers to murder. In this case, legally, KC was acquitted of murder, so there is no blood money to be made by anyone (including KC).

Definition of BLOOD MONEY
: money obtained at the cost of another's life
: money paid (as by a killer or the killer's clan) to the family of a person who has been killed

Examples of BLOOD MONEY
the blood money earned by people who profited from the tragedy
They accepted blood money in exchange for the murderer's execution.

This example of blood money is what has everyone up in arms. The blood money earned by people who profited from the tragedy.

So, basically

legally, anyone can profit from this tragedy
ethically and morally, well now that is the big debate.

Personally, I will choose what I believe is unethical and immoral and will not purchase items that I deem as such. What others choose to believe is unethical and immoral is entirely up to them, and that is their right.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

OMGosh, don't know about JA in the future, but apparently Nancy Grace will be on dancing with the stars! WTHeck!?

I'm looking forward to reading what JA has to say but won't be watching DWTS, but I never have.

I will be reading JA's book also, and I can't wait till it comes out.

I can picture NG completing a Latin dance in front of the judges. Before the judges can speak, she whips out a couple pictures of her kids, and says, "I just want you to know, I am doing this (as a single tear rolls down her face) for my kids. I just want them to someday understand that "It takes two to Tango."

I hope in JA's book he tells it like it really was, tells us whether the DT was really lying about things, or if they were just doing the same type of gameplaying that all lawyers do. I hope he tells us whether or not he respects the DT, and why he feels the way he does. We know he will always believe KC was guilty, but I would like to hear everything we don't know that convinced him of this. I am soooo looking forward to this book, why isn't it November already LOL.

I still want to know what JA will do with the proceeds from the sale of his book (which I will not buy BTW)?

In the broadest sense of the word blood money, anyone who profits off a tragic death is being paid in blood money. This would include reporters, DT, newstations, magazines, prosecution, family, friends, basically anyone. Some believe that no one, absolutely no one should profit off a tragedy. They are entitled to their opinion.

1. compensation paid to the relatives of a murdered person
2. money paid to a hired murderer
3. a reward for information about a criminal, esp a murderer
in the above 1,2, and 3 blood money refers to murder. In this case, legally, KC was acquitted of murder, so there is no blood money to be made by anyone (including KC).

Definition of BLOOD MONEY
: money obtained at the cost of another's life
: money paid (as by a killer or the killer's clan) to the family of a person who has been killed

Examples of BLOOD MONEY
the blood money earned by people who profited from the tragedy
They accepted blood money in exchange for the murderer's execution.

This example of blood money is what has everyone up in arms. The blood money earned by people who profited from the tragedy.

So, basically

legally, anyone can profit from this tragedy
ethically and morally, well now that is the big debate.

Personally, I will choose what I believe is unethical and immoral and will not purchase items that I deem as such. What others choose to believe is unethical and immoral is entirely up to them, and that is their right.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

A.) Perhaps the more appropriate term for the unethical* money generating activities is:

P R O F I T E E R I N G

B.) " I will choose what I believe is unethical and immoral* and will not purchase items that I deem as such. What others choose to believe is unethical and immoral is entirely up to them, and that is their right."

Spot on - based on education and thoughtful evaluation.

I would much rather read a book from the winning attorney than the losing one. I wonder if he will touch on the subject of how much his head shaking, eye rolling and snickering probably hurt the prosecution and influenced the jurors.

The prosecutors know much more about Casey and the Anthony's than they were allowed to bring up. There are reasons they made certain decisions ,feelings they had when faced such unprofessional defense attorneys. I bet there are a lot of behind the scene stories there !
I want to hear what Jeff Ashton has to say. I wouldn't read a book by anyone from the DT or an Anthony.I wouldn't read anything by Leonard Padilla or his crew. I don't trust them to tell the truth because they don't know the truth.
JA can answer many questions and I can't wait to read his book. He's one of the good guys and deserves to have success. Not many involved in this case do,but he does.

I would much rather read a book from the winning attorney than the losing one. I wonder if he will touch on the subject of how much his head shaking, eye rolling and snickering probably hurt the prosecution and influenced the jurors.

JA didn't lose, Caylee did .
Justice was thrown away by the jurors ,not won by the DT. The Jurors just threw it away because they couldn't be bothered.

Still boggles my mind. One more reason I can't wait until JA's book comes out!:rocker:

Which winning attorney? The one that has no clue how to try a case or the one that tries cases on distraction?

JA's head shaking, eye rolling and snickering were his honest opinions coming out. The jurors should not have allowed themselves to be influenced by anything any of the lawyers did in this case. IMO, there was one juror that influenced all the others to not review the evidence or use common sense.

I can't wait for JA's book to come out...IMO people like him, GF , LDB, TM..these are the people who wear the white hats. I hope JA is successful with his book and I don't mind contributing to his retirement fund just like I don't mind contributing to TM's cause. All these people were on Caylees side and fought for her, more than I can say for her family. These people tell the truth!

I hope JA uses the proceeds from his book and takes a very long, and very earned
romantic vacation with his wife :)

BBM: Respectfully ... the "defense" did NOT win ... the "defense" got LUCKY and got a "very clueless jury" !

Mr. Ashton and the SA Team were the REAL WINNERS because they were the only ones in that Courtroom on the side of "Justice for Caylee" !

Mr. Ashton conducted himself very PROFESSIONALLY during the trial, as well as Linda and Mr. George ... they have NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF !

I would NOT buy or read a book from JB or FCA or the A's ... it would be just another "pack of lies" ...

I am so looking forward to reading Mr. Ashton's book ... I wish him all the success in the world !

MOO MOO MOO ...

Which winning attorney? The one that has no clue how to try a case or the one that tries cases on distraction?

JA's head shaking, eye rolling and snickering were his honest opinions coming out. The jurors should not have allowed themselves to be influenced by anything any of the lawyers did in this case. IMO, there was one juror that influenced all the others to not review the evidence or use common sense.

You can call it the way you want, but in the eyes of the law the defense won the case.

Baez will probably have his book out as soon as he learns to write without the "ummms". Have at it! I'm sure he'll be proud to say he pre-sold A book.

You can call it the way you want, but in the eyes of the law the defense won the case.

I'm not sure what the point of this is - many of the posters at WS are looking forward to this brilliant prosecutor's book and his version of the trial.Regardless of the jury verdict in this particular trial, JA will always be a winner in my eyes. :woot:

If Baez chooses to "write" one, then we can all get together and comment on that also.:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member