In 1973, Dale Eugene Kovach Disappeared

WJaye

Reaction score
This was my father. He was Transgender before there was language for that. He disappeared and my grandmother was CERTAIN that my mother had something to do with it. A few days after he confessed to my mother about his gender identity, he disappeared. He was involved in a group of young men who all flocked around an older man that ran a criminal ring named Mike McBee. My mother was the last to speak with my father. No one looked for him outside of his mother. I was 2 at the time. Many years later, I asked my mother if she knew anything about his disappearance and she became violent with me.

Just thought I would put this out there in case it gets seen by him.

Where did he live? What year did this happen? Was it reported to any law enforcement agency?

He lived in Portland Oregon in 1973. It was reported to the Portland Police Department. I contacted a detective a few years ago and he said all records from that long ago were destroyed. I have the one police report that was made. It has very little on it.

A photo available at the following link -

Op, were the other young men and Mike McBee still around town after the disappearance? Is there a chance they all left together voluntarily?

A photo available at the following link -

Op, were the other young men and Mike McBee still around town after the disappearance? Is there a chance they all left together voluntarily?
They all remained, including my uncle, my Dad's big brother. My Dad is the only one who disappeared. And thank you for that photo. It is his highschool year book graduation photo from Benson Tech highschool.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palenp
Back