IN - 8 Dead at Indianapolis FedEx Facility Mass Shooting, 15 Apr 2021

It makes me so sad that Sikhs have been targeted a lot by people, they know nothing about their religion but kill them based on a stereotype of what a terrorist looks like.
They think they are targeting Muslims who they hate but Islam is one of the Abrahamic religions, along with Christianity and Judaism, who all share some of the same passages in their Bible, Koran and Torah.
Sikhs are not connected in any way other than they respect everyone’s belief in their own god.
Sikhs believe in one god with no gender who lives in each persons soul, they are egalitarians who believe in no one’s superiority based on gender, religion, race, or caste. They believe in humanity’s progress connecting to the divine (god) within our souls by the practice of the tenets of love, justice, and service to humanity, through lifetimes of reincarnation.
Sikhs are some of the kindest and most accepting, non judgmental, people I’ve ever met.

People are so blinded by hate they don’t even know who they are killing.
It’s not ok to kill Muslims either, it only puts them in the same category as those they claim to hate.
Yes, Sikhs run huge soup (or rice) kitchens to feed anyone (not just the homeless, but them too) who walks in.

Observation:

Both this shooter and the shooter in the recent King Soopers rampage in Boulder, Colorado started with shooting people in the parking lot. I don’t recall this happening in any of the previous mass shootings I’ve followed.

Lead story:

I forget which article so consider this JMO but I read in MSM that he was targeting his former boss and became enraged when he discovered that the man was not even on the premises that day.
The area surrounding the FedEx center has a high concentration of Sikh families so I’m not surprised that several victims are of Sikh descent. I don’t think they were necessarily targeted for that though. JMO after reading an article earlier today. I believe it was on MSN.com.

I forget which article so consider this JMO but I read in MSM that he was targeting his former boss and became enraged when he discovered that the man was not even on the premises that day.
The area surrounding the FedEx center has a high concentration of Sikh families so I’m not surprised that several victims are of Sikh descent. I don’t think they were necessarily targeted for that though. JMO after reading an article earlier today. I believe it was on MSN.com.

FedEx CEO Frederick W. Smith said the eight killed were company employees.
Now I wonder if the boss is Sikh and in his rage just shot anyone who looked similar
The New York Times reported FedEx has a policy that employees must give up their phones before beginning work on the floor
Also, this made them vulnerable and also unable to text family which people so often do during a mass shooting.
8 FedEx employees killed in shooting at Indianapolis facility; suspect also dead

It makes me so sad that Sikhs have been targeted a lot by people, they know nothing about their religion but kill them based on a stereotype of what a terrorist looks like.
They think they are targeting Muslims who they hate but Islam is one of the Abrahamic religions, along with Christianity and Judaism, who all share some of the same passages in their Bible, Koran and Torah.
Sikhs are not connected in any way other than they respect everyone’s belief in their own god.
Sikhs believe in one god with no gender who lives in each persons soul, they are egalitarians who believe in no one’s superiority based on gender, religion, race, or caste. They believe in humanity’s progress connecting to the divine (god) within our souls by the practice of the tenets of love, justice, and service to humanity, through lifetimes of reincarnation.
Sikhs are some of the kindest and most accepting, non judgmental, people I’ve ever met.

People are so blinded by hate they don’t even know who they are killing.
It’s not ok to kill Muslims either, it only puts them in the same category as those they claim to hate.

I agree with you completely.

I read that, too. Though I am not sure how he knew his former boss wasn't there. Unless he was waiting in the carpark for his former boss to arrive, and he never arrived for the 11pm shift.
He did the majority of his shooting in the carpark is what I have read.

America has 5% of the World's population, yet it accounts for 30% of the Mass Shootings.

I'm stumped as to why that could be, (not really).

It may be due to the large number of criminally insane people who are left untreated.

82% of all gun related crimes are committed by people with illegal/unregistered guns. The remaining 18% (legally registered firearms) account for primarily domestic violence and suicide.

Suicides are a gun related crime. Suicides account for 2 and a half times more gun related deaths in the US than homicides.

Red Flag laws exist in both Indiana and Colorado (grocery store shooting).

Domestic violence and suicidal illness would have appeared on background checks (if properly entered) of both this case and the Colorado case.

Since it hasn't been stated, as far as I know, I'm going to assume that the perps in both incidents obtained their firearms illegally.

What I find incredibly strange is how both were on FBIs radar!

It may be due to the large number of criminally insane people who are left untreated.

82% of all gun related crimes are committed by people with illegal/unregistered guns. The remaining 18% (legally registered firearms) account for primarily domestic violence and suicide.

Suicides are a gun related crime. Suicides account for 2 and a half times more gun related deaths in the US than homicides.

Red Flag laws exist in both Indiana and Colorado (grocery store shooting).

Domestic violence and suicidal illness would have appeared on background checks (if properly entered) of both this case and the Colorado case.

Since it hasn't been stated, as far as I know, I'm going to assume that the perps in both incidents obtained their firearms illegally.

What I find incredibly strange is how both were on FBIs radar!
BBM. But why is that? Other countries have mentally ill people, although I would not call them criminally insane and do not have mass shootings.

Last edited:
Yes, Sikhs run huge soup (or rice) kitchens to feed anyone (not just the homeless, but them too) who walks in.

One lady who was shot and killed in this mass shooting did just that, and/or very similar. As well as working at FedEx at night.

Amarjeet Kaur Johal, who had attended Sikh Sahib of Indianapolis for at least four years, was a hard worker, taking night shifts at the FedEx facility to support her family, including at least three grandchildren, said Gurpreet Singh, the temple’s president.

He recognized her face — the same woman who frequently volunteered in the temple’s kitchen. Kamaljt Kaur, who is in charge of the kitchen, remembered Johal was often smiling, either while cooking for the hundreds of members who attend the temple or cleaning up.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/16/indianapolis-fedex-shooting-airport/

IMPD has released the names & ages of those killed at the FedEx Ground facility in Indianapolis:

Matthew R Alexander, 32 Samaria Blackwell, 19 Amarjeet Johal, 66 Jasvinder Kaur, 64 Jaswinder Singh, 68 Amarjit Skhon, 48 Karlie Smith, 19 John Weigert, 74
Shooting victim was John Weigert was 74 years old. Is that correct? Was he still working at FedEx at 74? Or visiting someone while they were on break?

Three other victims were in their 60s? Was there a group at FedEx who worked there in their retirement?

Has nothing to do with the case, I suppose, just curious and saddened. I always look at the age of the victims in these mass killings (and unfortunately we have lists to look at). Knowing their ages helps me feel a connection to them, in some small way.

RIP to those whose lives were taken.

jmo

Last edited:
Shooting victim was John Weigert was years old. Is that correct? Was he still working at FedEx at 74? Or visiting someone while they were on break?

Three other victims were in their 60s? Was there a group at FedEx who worked there in their retirement?

Has nothing to do with the case, I suppose, just curious and saddened. I always look at the age of the victims in these mass killings (and unfortunately we have lists to look at). Knowing their ages helps me feel a connection to them, in some small way.

jmo

There were quite a few reports of people telling their loved ones to get back in the car, when the shooting started. I am wondering if some of those killed were dropping people at work for the 11pm shift.

Shooting victim was John Weigert was 74 years old. Is that correct? Was he still working at FedEx at 74? Or visiting someone while they were on break?

jmo
I don’t get full SS benefits until 67 and 10 months, think around $1,500 per month. Deduct Medicare insurance, prescription plan, dental plan plus mortgage, utility bills, food, fuel, etc.
I know a lot of people who will be working as long as they possibly can so they are able to pay just basic bills.
JMO

Last edited:
I don’t get full SS benefits until 67 and 10 months, think around $1,500 per month. Deduct Medicare insurance, prescription plan, dental plan plus mortgage, utility bills, food, fuel, etc.
I know a lot of people who will be working as long as they possibly can so they are able to pay just basic bills.
JMO
Hardworking folks.

jmo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/17/fedex-shooting-indianapolis/

"Vigils are scheduled Saturday in Indianapolis for the eight victims, who were between the ages of 19 and 74. Authorities identified the victims late Friday as Matthew R. Alexander, 32; Samaria Blackwell, 19; Amarjeet Johal, 66; Jaswinder Kaur, 64; Jaswinder Singh, 68; Amarjit Sekhon, 48; Karli Smith, 19; and John Weisert, 74. A family member gave a different age for Sekhon — 49 — and a different age and name spelling for Jasvinder Kaur, age 50."

Indianapolis shooting: Vigils planned to honor FedEx shooting victims

Vigils planned for victims

Two vigils were planned for Saturday. One is scheduled for 1 p.m. at Olivet Missionary Baptist, 4141 N. High School Road. The other is a candlelight vigil in support of victim families at Krannert Park at 7 p.m.

Another vigil is planned for Sunday at 7 p.m. on the steps of Beech Grove City Hall at 806 Main St., Beech Grove.

I think it is the frequency that is disturbing to most people.

Then maybe we should start asking some questions as to the reason why, in several of these mass killings, including this one, did the FBI have previous contact and knowledge of these people and not intervene?

What is the purpose of the FBI having a "watch" list, if they don't actually "watch" anyone?

Poor answer???? LOL.

The sister was quoted earlier in the thread, that her Mom tried to get help for him, and was unable.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Christchurch New Zealand
Oslo Norway
Port Arthur, Taz. Australia
Dunblaine Scotland
Erfurt Germany
And those are just some of the largest mass shootings the world has ever seen.
Why???

There is a whole world out there with these problems and more.
"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

<modsnip>

I wonder if we could look up to see how many mass shootings those countries have had since the ones you mentioned. I specifically remember New Zealand freaking out and imposing all sorts of new laws and restrictions on firearms.

You know why those incidents are so memorable to this day? Because they are not daily occurrences. In America, you can't even remember the last one, it's impossible to keep up. Atlanta, Boulder, Indianapolis....and that's just in the last 5 weeks. And by next month, they'll be distant memories as the latest incident is discussed. But they won't be distant memories for those who experienced them, or suffered loss. For those people, each incident will be remembered forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then maybe we should start asking some questions as to the reason why, in several of these mass killings, including this one, did the FBI have previous contact and knowledge of these people and not intervene?

What is the purpose of the FBI having a "watch" list, if they don't actually "watch" anyone?

Yes, I think that is a good idea. To start asking some questions. This has to be stopped, it is heartbreaking for everyone.

Heartbreaking for the people who lose their lives and their families and friends, for the shooters family, for the police and EMTs who attend and have to face such terrible scenes, for the people who manage to be lucky and/or wily and save themselves from the shooter, for the people who console the grieving families ... for everyone.

These frequent events are affecting a lot of people.

Last edited:
Poor answer???? LOL.

The sister was quoted earlier in the thread, that her Mom tried to get help for him, and was unable.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Christchurch New Zealand
Oslo Norway
Port Arthur, Taz. Australia
Dunblaine Scotland
Erfurt Germany
And those are just some of the largest mass shootings the world has ever seen.
Why???

There is a whole world out there with these problems and more.
"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
Dunblane was in 1996. None since. Port Arthur Tas was in 1996. None since. The Christchurch shooter went from Australia to NZ to carry it out because he could not get a gun that killed dozens in minutes in Australia. The Norway shooting was in 2011 and was very rare. None since.
No one is living in glass houses.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2