Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the press conference this morning - feels like a lot of conclusions are being jumped to. Of course LE can't say "we're closing down the tip line, we're 100% sure no one else is involved, etc." I'm not reading much into anything that was or wasn't said this morning.
You are right. the way this works is NOW that his name is out... they will get a new round of tips from people that know him. That is critical to timelines, behaviors, activities seen, other outdoor places the guy also frequented, etc.

This will probably lead to more evidence against him now that people can think back and connect the dots to an odd behavior that they blew off 5.5 years ago...or more recently.

If LG was already communicating with KAK and scheduled to meet him - I have wondered all weekend whether perhaps RA was out to get her specifically as a sinner of some sort? Perhaps this was about control to him in the sense that he blamed her as a young girl for tempting men into their sick proclivities? Maybe he was looking for LG specifically that day and knew she was going to die for her "sins"? We know the bodies were moved. We know there was staging and at least a couple signatures. This would make a strong case for his motivation (rid the world of a girl he blamed for pedophiles being pedophiles?). Have we considered that perhaps someone close to RA had been the victim of some such pedophile at some point and his rage was directed at a young girl because he may not have known who'd hurt someone he had cared about and couldn't hurt the person he cared about? Sick and twisted yes. But not outside the realm of possibility here.

Let's consider this as well. LG was communicating with the AS profile. Is it possible she was communicating with anyone else in that manner? Its possible there are a few different pedos that she was communicating with. KAK was supposed to meet LG at the bridge that day, but she didn't show up - maybe she made plans to meet more than one person that day? Or maybe RA found out she was meant to be there and he set a trap for her. Its possible that RA was aware that AW was going to be with LG that day at the bridge. Its possible he went prepared to take them both down.

Its a sick theory. But its plausible to me with what we do know about the case so far. Staging. Bodies being moved / posed. Signatures. Its possible RA thought he was eradicating a threat to men from the world, or possible he was taking out his anger on LG as a result of something that had happened in his own life or to someone he cared about.
Interesting but rather convoluted to my mind. But how would RA know about LG's communication with KAK?

I would assume he already has a lawyer as he entered a not guilty plea.

Delphi murders live updates: Suspect charged in killing of teen girls

The man charged with the girls' murders, Richard Allen, had his initial hearing and entered a not guilty plea, Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland said.
You would think so. I've searched Indiana's online court docket though, and I can't even find this case (easy to do at in.gov/judiciary and then click "search cases"). I'm not sure if the county clerk has to set the case up and hasn't done so yet (probably answering lots of call from reporters), or if it's sealed so completely that we can't even see the cause number and titles of the pleadings.

Still catching up after the presser today.

I definitely think they were looking for more electronic SA material in the yard. Pedophiles hoard material and it's almost guaranteed it is hidden somewhere. They collect images over long period of time and never get rid of it/delete it. Did they have dogs looking for electronic scents in the backyard?

They didn't mention dogs and the neighbor would have seen them if they were able to see them dig that tiny hole. Maybe they just forgot to mention it.

I have a friend who teaches older kids and she encounters. quite a few fathers who find it hard to accept that their daughters aren't. their little. girls any more...im not even talking about. a first. boyfriend....one. father. turned. up. to parents evening almost in a rage....she used to watch tv with. me every night..now she. can't wait. to come to your drama group twice a week...my friend counted. herself lucky that she wasn't a male teacher..I know all parents must go through. this a bit, but this is just embarrassing
That kind of emotional response from a parent doesn't sit well with me. I don't think it is typical behavior to be jealous of your daughter's attention. I hope her and mom are ok at home.

I think in general, you were super close, personality-wise.

I can’t even find mine, but I remember writing about OCD (I don’t know if he has it), being on the high end of intellect (don’t know and not sure), being not very social (still think), hating mostly himself but taking it on women (almost positive he has it).

About a profession, I remember writing, what if he works for a cellular company, selling phones or installing lines? I mentioned an Australian serial killer who worked in some telecom-like company. I also felt that another work of BG could be some IT where he’d have access to people’s addresses.

In this, I believe, I was not far off, because his job is a service, but of a type where you pay more attention to the end product than to the person (think delivery man where you sign and get your package). With pharmacy tech, too, you pay more attention to the brown bag than to the person providing it. Also, he does have access to a database of addresses.

I think you were super close to his personal traits, much more than I. To myself, I think that professionally, I was constantly looking for someone being around but not seen, even thought about people renovating bridges, you know? So in this area, to myself, I think I was close.

Where I was mistaken: I thought he’d have the guts to kill himself. No such luck, but I hope he is watched, day and night. He is a pharmacist; he might think of something unusual. Meds given to him need to be checked, not even floss in his cell.
BBM, oh no i'm so glad he didn't. When there was all that talk about RL and people were thinking it was him, I won't lie i was pretty disappointed that he had already passed away. I'm glad we got this guy alive.

I wonder if he gave them the photos in an envelope or something and when they reviewed the case, they realized it might be him and they compared touch DNA from that photo exchange to something at the scene? Just a wild thought.
It will be interesting to find out how they caught him. DNA evidence was left at the scene of the crime, so possibly this is how he was linked.

Interesting but rather convoluted to my mind. But how would RA know about LG's communication with KAK?
He'd know if he himself communicated with KAK. Keep in mind that LE potentially has other people on their radar. Maybe that's KAK. Per an earlier post of mine:

We are going to continue a very methodical and committed approach to ensure that if any other person had any involvement in these murders in any way, that person or persons will be held accountable.
www.cnn.com

A man has been arrested and charged with murder in the 2017 killings of 2 teen girls in Indiana, authorities say | CNN

www.cnn.com
www.cnn.com

The attorney could make a statement but the attorney could not disclose any material or information subject to the sealing order. Also the attorney has to act at the direction of his or her client - if the client does not want you to make a statement, you really can't.

Wonder if he'll get a public defender or if we'll end up with some character doing it for attention? What's Norm Pattis up to?
Ouch @Alethea ! I wish you hadn't mentioned Norm Pattis. Oh please let him not want to insert himself into this case. He makes me cringe all over. But now that you have me thinking of him, I conclude he would be thrilled to represent RA...and now I can't get his image out of my head! moo

I’d like to know if there were small thefts in or near his neighborhood, particularly of things like female undergarments. Things like that can often go unreported.

I remember my sister-in-law having hers repeatedly stolen from outdoor clotheslines many years ago. At the time, she assumed it was teenage pranks, but that kind of violation can often precede other crimes, like stalking, sexual assault, and other violent crimes.

Yes, I remember a teenager who was constantly stealing nice underwear from his SM and stepsisters. They’d find it later… Nothing else, but very quiet. Scary. A friend said her ex did the same when moving out to another woman. It is fetishism. I think today people can use computer images of underwear for the same purpose, which is even scarier because no one sees.

Another scary behavior - internet pictures of mutilated bodies. When I heard why some people visit these sites, I thought, first step…

I can’t imagine this is his first time. How could that be possible?!
Age is a crazy thing with serial killers/ these types of murders. Although they do tend to start younger, there are some outliers that have def started much later.

Another outlier here is the age of the victims. Yes kids/ teens have been the target of serial killers before but it's not the norm.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if it was a one off/first time. Even killing 2 people the first time. And maybe him getting busted with the cell video footage scared him some. If he was having any remorse or reservations about what he did (and it seems from LE statements maybe he did) then almost getting busted by the video may have scared him into trying to get his act together...which could explain his career change soon after.

Also don't forget the Covid years. It probably would've been more difficult to secure a victim during that time.

Which also leads to this... he was probably wearing a mask for 2 years at work and they may have obscured his face from getting much attention, at least during that time period.

That, and the fact that everything LE put out about BG didn't fit RA. Wrong height, wrong weight, wrong age bracket, "eyes def NOT blue". No wonder he was flying under everyone's radar.
I think the first sketch looked a lot like him. The video did too. Same build, same facial hair, a hat covers any hair.

I think the investigation got really off track with the second sketch and LE's refusal to explain why there is a completely different person in the second sketch. Obviously this guy looks nothing like the second sketch. Was it intentional deception by someone? LE just grasping at straws? It is easy to Monday-morning quarterback here but I think a lot of people were very confused all along and LE's secrecy didn't help.

I just hope there weren't people who were concerned about RA but avoiding saying anything for years because the second sketch convinced them he didn't fit the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cordial.sand1418