Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah so we’re in agreement. Bridge Guy isn’t filmed saying anything.
I can picture how the video could be in my head. And without any official knowledge of what is exactly seen throughout the video, it is just one possible but no less likely scenario

As someone who has taken many a ‘covert’ video to catch an abuser..

You can point the camera at the legs, floor, between fingers. Often just a belly is seen, or thighs, a shoulder, just fingers and an obscured figure. There may be the tiniest of confirmation, but enough to show that figure is the one saying those words

And it doesn't need to be a fired round to match it to a specific gun if I'm understanding this technology:
You are not. Even spent casing identification is considered by many to be "junk science". While I don't entirely agree, there is no way an unspent cartridge match to a specific firearm is anything more than suggestive. I believe the testimony would go something like "consistant with" or "cannot be excluded". If it is allowed at all...

JMO

I think it could be likely he is seen talking to them, but perhaps his face is not. Just enough body shown to gather it is the same male who walks up behind them and then says that

I don’t believe it has been comfirmed either way anyway

yeah that’s what I figure too - they can’t have an actual shot of his face while he’s close, or they’d have released that Instead of the BG blurs & those dopey sketches MOO

You have to keep in mind that we have no idea what LE did or didn't do. I'm guessing they had their eye on him the entire time and kept him front and center. They simply couldn't nor should they have said what they were doing about information they received.
JMO.

I have no doubt that LE had “interviewing blood-covered man seen exiting general area of the murder scene during the timeframe the murders occurred” as a top priority.

They didn’t know who RA was in order to interview him.

JMO.

Am I wrong or does Bridge Guy video distinctly *not* show his mouth moving when the words “down the hill” are uttered? If I’m not wrong ISP released the audio before the video.

Could the audio have been taken from when Libby’s phone was in her pocket, rather than when she was holding it and filming? And then bundled into the video package that was later released and that has become so notorious?

In which case nobody can say for sure that Bridge Guy said those words. IMO.
He may be seen on the vid showing mouth movements saying G...DTH... but that's not what was on the 43 second vid was released to the public. We got only 2 parts of the 43 seconds... Mere seconds. Audio saying G...DTH, and a short clip of him walking with his head down. I do not believe the few seconds we got of him taking a couple of steps is the exact time he uttered those words. I believe he was closer to them when he said it, making sure they were close enough to see his gun so it would be a serious threat.

I don't actually need to see his mouth move in order to believe it was the guy on Libby's vid that was approaching them in her vid. It was said in those 43 seconds, and we saw him walking toward them. That's enough for me. :)

DELPHI, Ind. — Judge Frances Gull will hold a hearing next month to decide if a gag order and change of venue will be issued in the Richard Allen Delphi murders case.

The hearing, set for 10 a.m. in Carroll County Circuit Court on Jan. 13, 2023, will allow both prosecutors and defendants to weigh in on the matters of the gag order and the change of venue.

Frankly the bullet does nothing for me. If it had been a fired round, I would totally buy in. Is there evidence that BG even had a gun?
yes per the PCA on of the girls mentions a gun and the end of the video. Stands to reason b/c this guy didn't get them down that hill with his dashing good looks or massive charisma.

DELPHI, Ind. — Judge Frances Gull will hold a hearing next month to decide if a gag order and change of venue will be issued in the Richard Allen Delphi murders case.

The hearing, set for 10 a.m. in Carroll County Circuit Court on Jan. 13, 2023, will allow both prosecutors and defendants to weigh in on the matters of the gag order and the change of venue.
Well this is good for him I'd think. Because I could just imagine a Delphi jury all coming to work holding pitchforks.

Allen has asked Judge Gull for a change of venue with his attornies citing “extensive media attention” and the “highly publicized” nature of the case as reasons to move the trial 150 miles away in order to “reduce the likelihood of obtaining a tainted jury pool.”

Not sure of your point, that DNR should've been leading the murder investigation? I hadn’t noticed they were even a member of the Delphi taskfor

I think it could be likely he is seen talking to them, but perhaps his face is not. Just enough body shown to gather it is the same male who walks up behind them and then says that

I don’t believe it has been comfirmed either way anyway
There is nothing in the public realm that shows BG talking to the girls. It is presumed and surmised at this point.

There is nothing in the public realm that shows BG talking to the girls. It is presumed and surmised at this point.
The pca says that he is seen and heard talking to them. That is the only info we have currently. So I think it is likely that he is seen talking to them. But obviously we cannot see for ourselves or know what exactly is, or is not, shown at this point

I think it’s perfectly likely he closed the distance with Abby obscuring most of the frame, and then perhaps just an arm or close up is shown. Not enough to screenshot for the public and get any help from
I'm inclined to agree. I can't imagine there would be any other identifying image that would not have been made public.

Ohh now I get it…. I was so confused i thought I was in the wrong thread lol

Yeah the video describes BG saying his line after he’s closed the distance between himself & the girls. I always figured the phone went into Libby’s pocket as he came close & the rest of the vid was audio only … but now the PCA seems to say otherwise. It says he’s seen & heard speaking, & also that the girls then start down the hill, which seems like they couldn’t know from audio alone IMO
MOO
I also understood the PCR to SAY Libby or Abby was heard saying "gun" as she recorded him from her front camera in front of her filming him coming up behind her .

Well this is good for him I'd think. Because I could just imagine a Delphi jury all coming to work holding pitchforks.

Allen has asked Judge Gull for a change of venue with his attornies citing “extensive media attention” and the “highly publicized” nature of the case as reasons to move the trial 150 miles away in order to “reduce the likelihood of obtaining a tainted jury pool.”

If a juror needs to not have personal knowledge of the case or a person in the case, then it would be pretty hard to try the case locally. JMO.

Here's the link to the helicopter footage I saw:

I found it VERY helpful in understanding the terrain and distances involved.
Awesome this video is really helpful would recommend to every one with questions about the layout. It's crazy how much closer everything looks together than i had imagined it. Its not a long tail and you can easily see the bridge from the cemetery (might be different at ground level).

Does look like you *Could* walk across the creek with 2 captives. A little tricky but doable. This was a really ballsy attack though much more open than i thought. Was this super meticulously planned or was it a super rash, impulsive, aided by liquid courage, and lucky (from RAs point of view) I'm beginning to think it one of those two extremes and not something in between.

The pca says that he is seen and heard talking to them. That is the only info we have currently. So I think it is likely that he is seen talking to them. But obviously we cannot see for ourselves or know what exactly is, or is not, shown at this point
This is in regards to a video recording of him saying those words, to which, at this point, there is no video of. If there were he would have been arrested long ago.

Awesome this video is really helpful would recommend to every one with questions about the layout. It's crazy how much closer everything looks together than i had imagined it. Its not a long tail and you can easily see the bridge from the cemetery (might be different at ground level).

Does look like you *Could* walk across the creek with 2 captives. A little tricky but doable. This was a really ballsy attack though much more open than i thought. Was this super meticulously planned or was it a super rash, impulsive, aided by liquid courage, and lucky (from RAs point of view) I'm beginning to think it one of those two extremes and not something in between.
I've been thinking for a while now that he knew the layout well and had walked not only the bridge, but the path down, and around the area down there. I think he also checked out the cemetery as he apparently decided to park the car a ways down and walk through it to get to his car. I think he had a really good idea of that area before this went down and that it wasn't his first trip out there. With all that said, it leads me to believe this was a planned attack. Maybe not Abby and Libby specifically (although I'm not ruling that out), but it just feels planned from what little I know from the PCA.

All MOO.

As to tool mark analysis on casings, the Indiana Supreme Court has allowed it. In fact, they allowed testimony of a match based on tool marks on unfired cartridges to fired casings without the gun being in the picture at all (fairly remarkable; I saw at least one other state did not allow that).

The court found the defense capable of attacking the method and lack of certainty of a match but that such did not render the testimony inadmissible. Interestingly, the oral arguments of both sides are available. The case is linked below.

Turner v. State (2011)

Don't forget the bullet they found tied to his gun that he claims no one but him uses.

Who other than myself thinks he's been practicing how to say DTH anyway but the way he normally says it, just in case he's asked to do that in court? :p Has something like that ever been asked of someone during their trial?
Suspects have been asked to repeat certain phrases in lineups for witness identification, IDK about in court. Surely there has in some case somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member