IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS spoke very highly of Sgt Holeman so I‘m thinking the disclosure of this leak may’ve been sanctioned by ISP, for MS to assist in stopping it dead in its tracks. Who other than MS? The timing of the leak may’ve been otherwise deliberate, not only did it follow soon after the memo but everyone directly involved was gagged from speaking due to the gag order.

Imagine on the other hand if MS had said nothing. The female who allegedly got the leaked photos at the same time as “Mark” possibly had already passed it on to others. In no time those photos would be distributed throughout every SM group on every platform, each person receiving and passing them on under the impression they were given a privileged opportunity to look at pics others couldn’t see, shared with 1000s if not 100000s making it very difficult if not next to impossible to ever find the source. That appears to have been the intended outcome by those behind the leak, had it not been thwarted early on.

JMO

Sorry I meant a dramatic change as in the hypothetical plea change to guilty - what kind of hypothetical evidence might be enough to force D and RA towards that do you think?
Total Hypothetical:

BG catfished the girls, and on an unheard part of the DTH tape, he identified himself to the girls with his snapfish profile name. Libby had reset her phone, so the contact with him is not found on her phone. LE travels to France and recovers data from Yubo/Yellow. And a link to RA.

What is important? Justice for Abby and Libby and a fair trail for RA.

All the leaks, gag orders, crazy theories and the pain to Abby’s and Libby’s families. This case is getting too much.

I think we Websleuths people are naturally curious but this case is so huge with suspects and theories. Press release after press release with heartbreaking details.

Personally I just hope RA does a plea deal before trial. This case is too painful. Let the families of the girls finally have peace.

I'm relistening to that DTH episode right now. They speak with Mary Ellen O'Toole and it's interesting because in her discussion about signatures, she even mentions redressing the bodies, moving them, etc.
Did you hear Ives talk about the video? Around the 8:22 mm he says it's a still frame from a video on a cell phone camera where he's not fully in the frame. There's very few pixels making up the video of this fellow and that's why it's so blurry.
I don't understand that at all but maybe my lying ears are lying yet again.

Did you hear Ives talk about the video? Around the 8:22 mm he says it's a still frame from a video on a cell phone camera where he's not fully in the frame. There's very few pixels making up the video of this fellow and that's why it's so blurry.
I don't understand that at all but maybe my lying ears are lying yet again.
I'm thinking he meant that BG was not the full focus in the frame, as in he's probably a small piece of the frame and when they zoom in on him, it gets very pixelated. ??

Maybe someone can explain this. In the RL affidavit, cell records had already been obtained, which also would have required subpoenas, correct? It was listed when and where he made calls/ texts from on his property.

Since RA was lost in the shuffle, will his cell records be subpoenaed at this point, and if so, would there still those kinds of records available?

I'm thinking he meant that BG was not the full focus in the frame, as in he's probably a small piece of the frame and when they zoom in on him, it gets very pixelated. ??
Where's our head-banging icon. Good Grief! lol..
In other words: The shot was at such a distance that when we zoomed in, it became pixelated.

Note to self: "not fully in the frame" does not mean "why didn't you get his whole body in the picture?"

He said he was on the trail and since there are only 3 cell phone towers (I think) serving Delphi area and he lived only 2 miles from the bridge, I wonder if his cell phone records would mean anything at all from a tracking and case standpoint. I doubt it.

Last edited:
Yes, I have a lot of trouble picturing him just out for a walk with his gun and knife, then getting triggered by two girls laughing at him, angering him to the point of leading them across a creek, unclothing them, killing them, leaving signatures, etc. And I agree, the sexual motivation is really dark, and I don't like going there, either, but I just can't buy anything less with two undressed teen girls. :(

there was definitely no laughing at him or anything like that..they did nothing, they were lambs to the slaughter.

people should not imply that the girls did anything to inspire him to kill. He went there to rape and kill..there was nothing
they could have done. mOO

Agree. Finding an explanation for confessional statements made on the proan phone was how this tale got generated.
Hoping this might be dealt with tomorrow -

Subpoena for Allen’s health records​

Also before the court is a request from Allen’s defense team to deny the prosecution access to their client’s medical and mental health records.

Last month, Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland subpoenaed Allen’s health records from his time in captivity at Westville Correctional Facility, where Allen has been held since Nov. 3, 2022.

Allen’s attorneys characterized the subpoenas as “unreasonable and oppressive.” They also expressed doubts that the records would “lead to the discovery of admissible evidence.”

Background refresher -
Investigators had the phone call transcribed and the transcription confirms that Richard Allen admits that he committed the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German," reads a motion filed April 20 by Carroll County prosecutor Nicholas McLeland. "He admits several times within the phone call that he committed the offenses as charged. His wife, Kathy Allen, ends the phone call abruptly."

Prosecutors also said that Allen also confessed to his mother during a phone call from jail, CBS affiliate WTTV reported.

Allen "has admitted that he committed the offenses that he is charged with no less than 5 times while talking to his wife and his mother on the public jail phones available at the Indiana Department of Corrections," according to a state filing regarding Allen's mental health records.”

He said he was on the trail and since there are only 3 cell phone towers (I think) serving Delphi area and he lived only 2 miles from the bridge, I wonder if his cell phone records would mean anything at all from a tracking and case standpoint. I doubt it.
The GPS records from his phone or Google account would be extremely helpful. GPS satellite on your phone can tell you where you parked your car in a parking lot. It's very precise. But who knows if those records are available after all these years.

If this hearing is about the leaks, I wonder if the leaker of the pictures will come to court and admit their part. It seems like the best option that I can think of.
One of the involved leakers is no longer with us, so it might be difficult to ever get to the real truth of how it came to be.

MOO

there was definitely no laughing at him or anything like that..they did nothing, they were lambs to the slaughter.
people should not imply that the girls did anything to inspire him to kill. He went there to rape and kill..there was nothing

We don’t know if the girls said anything to him or not. None of us were there and none of us have heard full recordings. But it really makes no difference if they said anything to him or not, does it? Kids say things they shouldn’t say all the time and that’s no excuse for BG- the perp is still responsible for his own choices in how to respond to the people around him, no matter what a child may have said to him.

MOO runes basically look like a pile of sticks.

If a man killed because some teens snickered, likely about something else, that man is committing murder 1.

MOO.This a just a typical trailside rapist/killer and MOO because he is local and hometown he put a bit more effort into a belated regret gesture such as re-dressing a victim and an attempt at covering up or setting up diversion until the father began yelling on the trail.

We don’t know if the girls said anything to him or not. None of us were there and none of us have heard full recordings. But it really makes no difference if they said anything to him or not, does it? Kids say things they shouldn’t say all the time and that’s no excuse for BG- the perp is still responsible for his own choices in how to respond to the people around him, no matter what a child may have said to him.
yes , but it has been a popular assumption on this thread that should not be made...it is not factual and making up excuses for why RA murdered them is pure speculation and unfair to the victims. One example, a man murders his wife..no one was there but all the neighbors say she probably smarted off to him. I don't think anyone should put words in the mouths of the victims. continuously adding this (untrue and unknown) tidbit eventually makes it become part of the story. That is the danger...it's untrue and has no basis in fact. it is total fiction. mOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961