Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link or is that speculation? Does anyone know an article where LE clarified that this was their motivation in asking about the duffle bag? I'm thinking of Jessica Ridgeway when I ask that. We didn't know LE's motivation in telling us not to focus on the clothing part of her description. Later, we heard that they found her backpack, but we didn't know what was in it. And only even later were we made aware that the motivation for telling the public not to focus on the clothing was because the clothing was found in the backpack. But Sigg was apprehended very quickly compared at A&L's case, and suddenly we had so many answers. IMO, LE in Delphi is holding a great deal of info close to the vest.

ETA: This is just one example of a seemingly random ask by LE where they actually had a very specific reason for using certain words to trigger the public's memory or awareness. I'm sure there are many others.
Very interesting point. LE in Delphi said to not to focus on BG hat in the sketch. Did LE find BG's hat in Delphi? It seemed strange because it was hard not to focus on that hat.

Very interesting point. LE in Delphi said to not to focus on BG hat in the sketch. Did LE find BG's hat in Delphi? It seemed strange because it was hard not to focus on that hat.
I think they didn't know his hairline, if he usually wore hats and if they varied in style if he did. Then lo and behold! We have a murdering rapist of multiples wearing that type of cap and jacket.

Do you have a link or is that speculation? Does anyone know an article where LE clarified that this was their motivation in asking about the duffle bag? I'm thinking of Jessica Ridgeway when I ask that. We didn't know LE's motivation in telling us not to focus on the clothing part of her description. Later, we heard that they found her backpack, but we didn't know what was in it. And only even later were we made aware that the motivation for telling the public not to focus on the clothing was because the clothing was found in the backpack. But Sigg was apprehended very quickly compared at A&L's case, and suddenly we had so many answers. IMO, LE in Delphi is holding a great deal of info close to the vest.

ETA: This is just one example of a seemingly random ask by LE where they actually had a very specific reason for using certain words to trigger the public's memory or awareness. I'm sure there are many others.
Tips pour in after suspect identified in Delphi double homicide

Yes, then why did they use the Paperboy cap???
I believe it's what he was seen in by the eye witness. If they found the cap, then there is nothing saying he still has a cap like that...I guess. Of course, he could just go buy one. But I would say, it's not a cap worn normally everyday, so don't focus on the cap. jmo

This is what I'm thinking too. Same outfit on perp, multiple victims, a gun, broad daylight, ordered to strip, murder, trophies taken by perp.
Of course some of this is just speculation.
I think we need to somehow find out if TB went to Delphi at the time of the girls murders. He did like to go on travels, was unemployed at that time, liked parks, restaurants, and has a military background. It appears his eyes are NOT blue and he did have reddish brown hair in pics where he shows he has hair and not bald. His height is in the realm too.
I would want to ask his wife if she knew where he was that fateful day or if he had taken a little trip. Maybe she doesn't even know. I would like to know if he changed his appearance around that time ie shaving his head. We do know they moved into the mobile home park approx 1 year ago per the neighbors. Do we know where they moved from? (sorry if I missed it)

BBM: Great post, kkdj! The fact that both the Delphi and STL crimes involved multiple victims is what stands out to me as the most striking similarity between the two. It's a highly unusual aspect to both crimes. Most sexually motivated crimes do NOT involve multiple victims being attacked at the same time. Additionally, the fact that both Delphi and STL were carried out in broad daylight speaks to a similar type of perp, one who takes high levels of risk and is brazen in his attacks. IMO, LE has BG in custody and his initials are TB. J.M.O.

Right, but that doesn't state their motivation. Hitchhikers and duffel bags are interesting asks. What is the information they have that we don't that led them to mention those two things in particular, or did they say anywhere that they were specifically "broadening the search" and duffel bag didn't mean anything? The Jessica Ridgeway example is what keeps sticking in my head and making me think that the idea of items missing from the crime scene and is a solid idea. Unless they specifically state otherwise somewhere. Since they've been so careful with what information gets out. Does that make sense?

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Very brazen. I do not think for a second that this was his first Rodeo. I am having difficulties placing him in IN but again same went for DN placing him in Delphi, yet he lived in IN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is TB's Trip Advisor Account, I was trying to see if he had reviews for IN Restaurants, no, however, there are a few interesting reviews.
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile
Nice cheap food and a great alternative to slow Edward
food is cheap but good and you can play pool cheaply also. Best RACKS in the greater St Louis area. Amber is a sassy fully developed lady who is sure to keep your eyes focused in on her accessories

Nice cheap food and a great alternative to slow Edward - Riverbend Billiards and Grill, Alton Traveller Reviews - TripAdvisor

Here is TB's Trip Advisor Account, I was trying to see if he had reviews for IN Restaurants, no, however, there are a few interesting reviews.
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile
Nice cheap food and a great alternative to slow Edward
food is cheap but good and you can play pool cheaply also. Best RACKS in the greater St Louis area. Amber is a sassy fully developed lady who is sure to keep your eyes focused in on her accessories

Nice cheap food and a great alternative to slow Edward - Riverbend Billiards and Grill, Alton Traveller Reviews - TripAdvisor
TB's TripAdvisor reviews with that account were very active in May 2017. What was going on his life then? Anything significant in the Delphi case in May 2017 that might trigger some "excitement" in him to be online - or is that too far of a stretch?

(If he is BG, I think it's very likely he followed the coverage of the investigation. Speculation.)

jmo

LE, in the process of broadening their search, asked people to report if they'd seen anything unusual between Delphi and Logansport. The "dufflebag" was used as an example. Not necessarily that LE had reason to believe a dufflebag was involved. The video stills certainly don't show BG with a dufflebag.

Tips pour in after suspect identified in Delphi double homicide

it was an oddly specific example, tho...

does anyone recall in any of the TB articles that mentioned a bag of evidence pulled from under the trailer, was the type of bag identified? i had envisioned a paper sack meant for disposal, but now keep wondering if it was something a tad more permanent

it was an oddly specific example, tho...

does anyone recall in any of the TB articles that mentioned a bag of evidence pulled from under the trailer, was the type of bag identified? i had envisioned a paper sack meant for disposal, but now keep wondering if it was something a tad more permanent
I just wonder if BG was hanging out in one of RL's<modsnip name> outbuildings, perhaps he stashed his bag there.

Last edited by a moderator:
TB's TripAdvisor reviews with that account were very active in May 2017. What was going on his life then? Anything significant in the Delphi case in May 2017 that might trigger some "excitement" in him to be online - or is that too far of a stretch?

(If he is BG, I think it's very likely he followed the coverage of the investigation. Speculation.)

jmo
RL was earlier and DN was later, I think. And between ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member