Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
So forgive my lack of knowledge here... It's there no way for the fbi to take the information from cell towers and figure out what other phone pinged in that area at the time of the murders and work backwards to to to find those phone owners?
I am sure but cell phone information is not reliable as the pings go to the nearest "available" cell phone tower. Not necessarily the closest.

I think the crease at his knee is caused by what is shoved down his pants leg. I see an unnatural ridge that runs down his leg and ends at the crease and he’s holding his pants up with that hand or holding the weapon shoved down there. I think it’s heavy and not staying put even with the fanny pack belt holding it up. Going to try strapping my machete to my husbands leg tomorrow and video him walking. (My machete is garden machete for taking care of weeds). I’m too short I think for the knee clearance. I will put him in his baggy jeans and see how it films with him walking normal and high stepping.

I finally see this rod thing in his pant leg as well. I slowed the video to its slowest speed, and there it was. I’d be interested in how your experiment turns out. It looks more like a rod or thick stick of some kind to me.

People were asking for more video/audio 2 years ago and now they've released both and people are still asking for more. I don't think any additional audio and video is going to be helpful. If they're not releasing any more then IMO it's not important. We have video clips of him walking and several images that have been enhanced by literally the best programs we have in this country.

Joe Schmoes like us are not going to solve this case. It's going to have to be someone in BG's life who turns him in at this point. And, frankly,if that were my husband or brother then I'd be able to identify him based on what has already been released. If someone isn't calling in the right tip, I don't believe it's because they don't know anything, I think it's because they're either trying to protect the person or they're second guessing themselves because they don't want to believe that their loved one could do such a thing. Additional clips probably wouldn't change that.

Forgive my late response. I wasn't suggesting I was intending to sleuth myself. We thought the original sketch was the man in the video. Now we are told the second sketch is. The sketches look very different IMO, which is causing confusion. More video may clarify the sketch is all I was saying.

I'm not very well versed in this case. Please correct me if I'm wrong - the sketches are both from eyewitnesses who saw men in the area, right? Knowing that the first sketch is not the BG, how do we know the second one is? I'm not questioning LE or the investigation - I have no doubt they've busted their tails trying to solve this case. But if the first sketch was wrong, how do we know the second one is correct? I'm sure this is something that's been hammered home in the past, so I apologize if I am rehashing.

I really, really wish LE would release more video, audio... something. Video-wise, though, I wonder if they just don't have very much of the BG. Liberty was probably trying to be inconspicuous with the phone, so probably didn't keep it on him very long.

apologize if I am asking a stupid Q- I did not follow this case when it was new. Do they think she filmed him from a distance? ... coming toward them, before he started his interaction with them? So they were probably apprehensive about him but not so scared initially that they flat out tried to run away?

They don’t want this guy to feel comfortable.

There’s no reason to share that information, as it’s not like that can help them in any way.

Sometimes if you have DNA, you don’t want the suspect to know.

Other times, the converse is true.

It’s not like we have a right to know this information anyways. At this point, we can only read between the lines.

Exactly
And sometimes they may not want the public to know what the significance of the DNA they have is and quit providing relevant information that they still need. MOO

Forgive my late response. I wasn't suggesting I was intending to sleuth myself. We thought the original sketch was the man in the video. Now we are told the second sketch is. The sketches look very different IMO, which is causing confusion. More video may clarify the sketch is all I was saying.

I'm not very well versed in this case. Please correct me if I'm wrong - the sketches are both from eyewitnesses who saw men in the area, right? Knowing that the first sketch is not the BG, how do we know the second one is? I'm not questioning LE or the investigation - I have no doubt they've busted their tails trying to solve this case. But if the first sketch was wrong, how do we know the second one is correct? I'm sure this is something that's been hammered home in the past, so I apologize if I am rehashing.

We don't, necessarily. Personally, I'm thinking that there's something to the fact that the sketch wasn't released before, but now has been pivoted to so firmly. It seems to imply - to my completely amateur self! - that something new came up and either a suspect they were looking at was ruled out, a witness' story became more actionable, or someone's alibi stopped checking out. Or something else that I'm not at all well versed enough in criminal proceedings to think of.

In regard to DNA evidence here, there’s 4 main possibilities as I see it:

They have a perfect sample, and know it came from the suspect (unlikely, as I think we’d have a firm DNA generated description of him).

They have a perfect sample, but don’t know it came from the suspect (quite possible).

They have a sample, but it’s of low quality (I think this is most likely).

They have no DNA from anyone who could be involved (unlikely).

apologize if I am asking a stupid Q- I did not follow this case when it was new. Do they think she filmed him from a distance? ... coming toward them, before he started his interaction with them? So they were probably apprehensive about him but not so scared initially that they flat out tried to run away?

This is a really good video of the bridge and crime scene flow.

Can you see BG’s face?

I only see the reflection of a face. You can tell he’s white, and maybe that he has cheeks.
I’m glad to hear I’m not alone, I’ve watched the video until I’m blue in the face, still not much more than a blur to me. As you I can tell he’s white, I can see that it is a face, but that’s about it.
Oh, and I could swear his mouth was moving, either talking or chewing gum.

That's just what I've been thinking about his clothing -- a couple of extra items -- a sweater or sweatshirt and a jacket or two -- to make him look 20 -- 30 pounds heavier and he didn't shaved that morning, etc. Had he been watching this area and possibly noticed that local kids take walks or hikes there -- and decided to try his luck with carrying off one or two of them?

The father/son angle is intriguing to me, as roses mentioned earlier. A team? Or were they just walking together and they saw kids there and one of them comes back the next day or the next? Is the new pic a decoy to make the one in the older pic relax and let his guard down...and then bam??
The new picture has been driving me crazy. LE shows us the new drawing and really talks it up, but nothing else has happened -- that they have told us, that is...
Please let us have some really good news soon...
It's February in Indiana. Although it may have been warmer than usual, there is wind and chill factor. The temp drops quickly. You would probably still need a coat. The high was 45 at noon and dropped to the 30's by 6pm.

Attachments

• Delphi Indiana weather.PNG
    Delphi Indiana weather.PNG
    73.9 KB · Views: 2
We don't, necessarily. Personally, I'm thinking that there's something to the fact that the sketch wasn't released before, but now has been pivoted to so firmly. It seems to imply - to my completely amateur self! - that something new came up and either a suspect they were looking at was ruled out, a witness' story became more actionable, or someone's alibi stopped checking out. Or something else that I'm not at all well versed enough in criminal proceedings to think of.

Good thinking!

This police chief mentions the possibility LE may have been following up on the second suspect the entire time. That’s a thought, for a time LE may have not wanted him to know they were even aware of him.

“...Brian Jarvis, a retired police chief in New York and long time investigator says it's possible new information may have be behind the newly released sketch.

"It could have been that they received new information, an alibi may have come in, or something that might have changed," Jarvis said.

Jarvis has been a lead detective for other high profile cases such as the Aileen Wuornos case. He says while police may have held onto the second sketch for years, it doesn’t mean they weren’t following up on it.

"You may have leads like this one, this picture, that didn’t have a lot of value initially for whatever reason, and they were trying to build up the value to get a more accurate depiction of what this lead represented," he said.

Jarvis added without being involved in the investigation, he can’t say for sure what led to the release....”
Indiana State Police clarify why they released new sketch in Delphi investigation

I totally respect where you are coming from and I would hope and expect everyone else here will too. When you say "they now know", do you mean they now know a newer/better description of him, or that they know who he is? If you can't say or clarify more, just say so. We are a flock of info hungry vultures here, but the last thing we want to do is get you in trouble, ourselves in trouble, or compromise the investigation in any way.
They gave a two week timeframe. That is the turn around time from Quantico. I think they are just trying to match DNA , it's about the conviction, before they announce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2