IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
People lie about extramarital affairs or they call in sick to work and go do something else, but they don't want their employer to find out. I don't think people just lie about crimes. They lie about secret things that they don't want getting out for whatever reason.
If someone on probation was interviewed by le and asked for an alibi, would the officers tell that person's spouse or employer?
Of course some people probably lie to police just for the hell of it.
If I was on probation I would worry that giving a false alibi would land me back in jail.

If I ever need an alibi I can probably tell them to check websleuths, I was probably here, lol

"Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

That doesn't make them suspects, per se, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, but it does mean that police want to find out the truth — whatever that might be."

"During the course of the investigation, police have made unrelated arrests, Leazenby pointed out. If, for example, police find someone they are interviewing is wanted on a warrant, officers can't ignore that. So the person goes to jail on unrelated charges. A probation hold can keep a person locked up for 15 days without charges, Leazenby said.

When police make an arrest in this case, Indiana State Police or Carroll County Sheriff's Office will immediately publicize it, Riley said. So if the rumors don't come from one of those two sources, it's not grounded in facts, Riley said.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

Wow! There could be many reasons for lying such as extra marital affairs and even other criminal activities but just maybe they may have the perpetrator on their list of suspects .....

Great find.

IF the report is true that it is BG's voice I wonder why LE didn't say this before.

I think they did indicate this early on, although they did not say it "definitely" is the same person in audio and video. Read the clip I quoted below and see if you agree. This is from a Feb. 22 article:

They said it's possible the voice in the recording is that of the man in the photo. They also acknowledged that it's possible more than one person may be involved. The man in the photo is wearing blue jeans, a blue coat or jacket, and a hoodie.

"We are actively looking for this person. This person is our suspect," Slocum said.
http://ktla.com/2017/02/22/murdered...of-suspect-police-release-audio-of-his-voice/

I'm still back on page 7 but I know what picture you are referring to. I have been wanting to post a link because this pic was posted within a news article back in thread 3 or 4. I am not sure if it's been debunked, not allowed, a case of pareidolia, photoshopped, etc.
By the time I get caught up if the picture hasn't been posted or debunked, I'll find it and post it.
It's the only photo that I have actually thought I saw something in, IMO.
If they got pushed off bridge wouldn't someone have heard them scream?

That would have been pretty impossible from twenty yards away. And taking into account his perceived age (40s) as well as the fact that the bridge is a tough one to walk on, the video probably would have lasted an extra ten seconds before the suspect reached the girls.

Agreed.
That still from the video was taken when bg was several yards
Away. Hence, the pixelation. I'm not quite sure why they wont release a small 2-3 sec clip so that someone might recognize his gate/walk.
As someone posted several threads back.....that still is not the first or last frame of that video clip.

Moo, jmo.

In regards to the fish pic.
I have fished and boated the Wabash near Delphi and Abby is definitely on a large river IMO. Deer creek is a creek not nearly as big as what you see in the pic. Deer creek is to small to put a motor boat on. The water in the pic is wide and moving slow, no way that can be Deer Creek. JMO

Chinook3

This is the only one I could find that looks similar and still standing on the wabash river but its about an hour away in Covington

163656-M.jpg

I think they did indicate this early on, although they did not say it "definitely" is the same person in audio and video. Read the clip I quoted below and see if you agree. This is from a Feb. 22 article:

They said it's possible the voice in the recording is that of the man in the photo. They also acknowledged that it's possible more than one person may be involved. The man in the photo is wearing blue jeans, a blue coat or jacket, and a hoodie.

"We are actively looking for this person. This person is our suspect," Slocum said.
http://ktla.com/2017/02/22/murdered...of-suspect-police-release-audio-of-his-voice/

RBBM

The report from today is the first time MSM reports LE says it is the voice of Bridge Guy.

Before they always left the possibility it might be a second perp. Big change to me.

There have been posts suggesting there might be a second person involved. My question is, if that were the case, why the need for a gun or rope or anything else hidden in the jacket. BG looks big enough to handle 2 girls weighing around 100 pounds. Now add in a second person, I am assuming an adult, why the need for all that. I could see it if he was acting alone.

RBBM

The report from today is the first time MSM reports LE says it is the voice of Bridge Guy.

Before they always left the possibility it might be a second perp. Big change to me.

Seems pretty obvious they have been able to match the voice to the person definitively.

Am I the only one that is excited about the latest article?

Oh, I'm excited! I'm excited! But, it's hard to work up a lot of enthusiasm because of how long this has dragged out.

However, maybe the reason why they haven't found the perp yet is because the alibis were not FULLY VETTED.

For example: Joe Blow said he was at work at the time the murders were committed. His wife, or SO, backs up his alibi. But, LE does some further checking, with Joe's employer. The employer says that he left work at 10:30 AM on the day of the murders.

Now that they are actually checking alibis out -- very thoroughly -- and finding some that are NOT TRUE, well . . . this could very well lead to the killer.

Let's hope and pray!

Moooo-oooo-ooooo!

If police asked me where I was or what I did a month (or even a week) ago I wouldn't have any clue. I could check my calendar and try to figure it out, but there's no way I would be able to account for every minute of any specific day. Some people may have inadvertently "lied" because they simply didn't remember correctly. Others may have made up an alibi because they thought the truth ("I sat at home and watched TV by myself") would make them look suspicious. Others may have lied because they were up to no good, but unrelated to the murders. Lots of people on probation, lots of people into drugs, etc. and LE announced they're arresting people on unrelated matters. Everyone knows the public is desperate for an arrest in the murder. I wouldn't blame anybody without a good alibi to make one up just to get LE and SM off their back.

I am starting to think this as well, just a hunch. But I would think it's possible there wouldn't be any traffic on that gravel road/drive as one could speculate that it's possible that the few homeowners might be at work during the day. Quick easy route to get in and out and likely nobody would be the wiser....MOO

I would think there would be more traffic on the road by the cemetery MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Could he spot them on the bridge from this area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.
He was there to get something he left out there in the woods.
Easy in and out but the girls saw him.
Could he have a stash out there. Money drugs guns?
Sorry peeps I still really feel they caught him doing something.
Jmvoo

I respectfully disagree. IMO if he were going to kill simply to silence a witness I feel he would have just done it right then and there instead of leading them away in a manner which he seemed to enjoy.

LOOK!

Someone posted this link earlier to a story about a man in Indiana that was arrested just yesterday!

http://wane.com/2017/03/15/feds-28k...ed*-images-found-on-fort-wayne-mans-computer/

Go to the article, scroll down just a little and look HARD.

My apologies to the original poster of this link, I went back through all the pages on this thread and couldn't find it. It is very, very late for me here in France so I must leave it there.

Please look at this article but I know we cannot talk about it here. But OH MY!

Would someone be so kind as to post the new article?

TIA

[FONT=&amp]DELPHI, Ind. — Some of thealibis given to police investigating Liberty Germanand Abigail Williams' killings turnedout to be less than truthful.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“We’re going deeper with alibisthat are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of thereason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
That doesn't make them suspects,per se, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, but it does mean that policewant to find out the truth — whatever that might be.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]*snip*

[/FONT]
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/03/15/police-corroborating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed