IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the sketch, his right eye looks slightly larger, and the tear duct looks swollen (not sure how else to describe what I see there). His left eye looks slightly smaller (more almond shaped) and has a more droopy eyelid.

Simply said, thank you. I’m not nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Good Morning SS.

LE has not "named" DN that I'm aware of. They talked to him like 100's of others (paraphrasing).

I would go so far to say it is the public and social media sites that took his name and ran with it.

I've never quite grasped the whole social media thing and talking about people like they are objects but I realize it happens. I do feel for the children who will one day read what people are saying about their mother (who has not been arrested).

As far as my second quote, ss you know me so well that you know I'm often coy. :giggle:

It has been reported in multiple MSM articles that LE considers DN a POI;

Colorado Arrestee Person Of Interest In Delphi Murders
Indiana State Police on Thursday confirmed he’s a person of interest in the deaths of teens Abby Williams and Libby German, whose bodies were found near a Delphi, Ind. trail they were hiking together in February.

While I have no direct quote from LE the closest I can find qjuickly is here:

Delphi's person of interest faces five felonies in Colorado, 1 in Indiana

He's still a person of interest in the Delphi killings.

Indiana State Police issued a news release last week saying detectives flew to Colorado to interview Nations. They cannot rule him out as a person of interest, and they don't have enough to call him a suspect.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said Wednesday nothing has changed as per Nations' status in the Delphi investigation.

He's the only named POI so far and the only one we have been permitted to discuss here.

HTH

I've listed several reasons that I'm doubtful DN is BG: no known link to Delphi and it is my opinion that based on the remote location of the bridge it would be unknown to a random passerby; no COD known of the girls; resembles the sketch a bit much like thousands of others but I do not see many similarities in the image we have of BG.

My theory has been much of the same since the beginning- I believe the killer was very familiar to Delphi and at minimum knew of the girls and their whereabouts that day. Whether it was a one sided "stalking" of their public online presence or physically following them or a combination of both, I believe this was not an entirely random crime of opportunity in the sense that the girls just stumbled across BG on the bridge. I'm conflicted if it was a crime of opportunity based on the stalking online and/or in person or if it was planned and there are deeper links to knowing the girls. MOO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

^^^^This.

<modsnip>

I'd describe the bridge area as "hidden" and "out of the way", judging by what I've seen online, and in person (the area around it in person).

JMO

It has been reported in multiple MSM articles that LE considers DN a POI;
He's the only named POI so far and the only one we have been permitted to discuss here.

HTH

Snipped by me.

Steleheart thank you as always. I'm afraid I should have been more clear in that LE has not named him their only or #1 POI.

I realize he's currently the only one allowed to be discussed here.

There are two video interviews that recently surfaced of Tobe Leazenby and Sgt. Riley that give their take on him.

That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

^^^^This.

Allegedly there's an eyewitness who saw BG close to the bridge, on the trail. She was walking her dog there, saw BG, and minutes later passed by the girls as they were walking to the bridge, but she didn't warn them. The gal's account makes it sound like BG was just standing there, like he was waiting for someone.

I'd describe the bridge area as "hidden" and "out of the way", judging by what I've seen online, and in person (the area around it in person).

JMO

BBM - I'm confused. Why would the witness warn the girls?

Snipped by me.

Steleheart thank you as always. I'm afraid I should have been more clear in that LE has not named him their only or #1 POI.

I realize he's currently the only one allowed to be discussed here.

There are two video interviews that recently surfaced of Tobe Leazenby and Sgt. Riley that give their take on him.

That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

No big woop. They have said there are many who have been reported as resembling the sketch. For some reason though, LE has not named any of the others, just DN.

Same as for some reason LE seemed to invite all the news media for the search of poor RL's property and even gave interviews at the scene. They didn't do that for any other searches. Not to get back on the RL topic as he has been cleared as stated by sillybilly, but at the time I felt that RL was "not forthcoming" on important info .

For some reason we are not getting more on DN.

JMO

^^^^This.

Allegedly there's an eyewitness who saw BG close to the bridge, on the trail. She was walking her dog there, saw BG, and minutes later passed by the girls as they were walking to the bridge, but she didn't warn them. The gal's account makes it sound like BG was just standing there, like he was waiting for someone.

JMO
Alleged by whom? Source? Or is this just rumour? I am aware LE stated there are witnesses who claim to have seen BG, I am unaware of the very specific info you have provided and would like to know the source of these specifics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No big woop. They have said there are many who have been reported as resembling the sketch. For some reason though, LE has not named any of the others, just DN.

Same as for some reason LE seemed to invite all the news media for the search of poor RL's property and even gave interviews at the scene. They didn't do that for any other searches. Not to get back on the RL topic as he has been cleared as stated by sillybilly, but at the time I felt that RL was "not forthcoming" on important info .

For some reason we are not getting more on DN.

JMO

Hi, Steleheart!

JMO...

I think RL was not forthcoming mainly because his alibi was a parole violation.

Patience, patience... to all of us (including me!)

The Morgan Harrington murder took 6 years to solve. And it got solved when other evidence from a previous attack and then a later attach occurred.

This might take a couple of years to solve.

Sounds like to me LE has ZERO evidence to concretely tie DN to these murders, moo. I could be wrong. Now, this doesn't necessarily mean he is not the perp, just that they can't prove it.

(Eta: assuming there is no new information, still catching up.)

Sounds like to me LE has ZERO evidence to concretely tie DN to these murders, moo. I could be wrong. Now, this doesn't necessarily mean he is not the perp, just that they can't prove it.

(Eta: assuming there is no new information, still catching up.)

Or any other POI, it would seem. It's hard to believe a double homicide took place ,in broad daylight and such little evidence exists. Imagine if the video and audio of the suspect(s) hadn't been captured. Geez............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 10/21/2017 Boggled in Ohio posted a Survey at Thread #72 - Pg. #56 - Post #828. Ten posters participated (their answers are on Pages 56-59) before somebody posted an interesting new link which diverted us from the Survey.

I've copied/pasted subject Post #828 below in case anybody else would like to take the survey:

I never have words left to say about this case on this forum. I read daily from February, posted daily for months but have been silent here on WS for a long spell now. I've been doing my own digging. I just want to ask how many people now believe we are dealing with a serial killer? I've felt that way since the get go and still do. Just looking for a general consensus now.

1. Bridge Guy: serial killer or no?
2. Local (25 mi radius), semi local (50-75 mi) or non local?
3. what age range do you believe he is?
4. Homeless or not?
5. Planned attack or spontaneous?
6. Lone wolf or accomplice (s)?

Hey!

Since 19 people "Thanked" your post - I will continue posting them here! And I see gregjrichards got 15 "Thanks". :)

Scheduled for today:

Thursday, November 9th:
*Permanent Restraining Order Hearing - 3:30pm PT for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – Hearing re children. Also charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Next hearing was 11/6 @ 1:30pm (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $15K. no update on weapons charges yet as of 11/9
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Felony Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Now held on $6.8K bond. 11/1 update El Paso: Bail reduced from $20K to $6.8K (Felony Menacing: $15K to $5K, Felony Reckless Endangerment: $3K to $1K, Misdemeanor Assault: $2K to $800). Additional charges today: Felony Trespassing & Felony Menacing Charge; Prelim hearing for Menacing charge to be heard Nov. 29th "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.

Bumping..

On 10/21/2017 Boggled in Ohio posted a Survey at Thread #72 - Pg. #56 - Post #828. Ten posters participated (their answers are on Pages 56-59) before somebody posted an interesting new link which diverted us from the Survey.

I've copied/pasted subject Post #828 below in case anybody else would like to take the survey:

I never have words left to say about this case on this forum. I read daily from February, posted daily for months but have been silent here on WS for a long spell now. I've been doing my own digging. I just want to ask how many people now believe we are dealing with a serial killer? I've felt that way since the get go and still do. Just looking for a general consensus now.

4. Homeless or not?

1. SK
2. Semi local
3. 35-50
4. Not homeless
5. Planned attack (carries kill kit)
6. Lone Wolf

Thank you foxbluff for the repost & thank you Boggled In Ohio for this survey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Steleheart!

JMO...

I think RL was not forthcoming mainly because his alibi was a parole violation.
I think this could be a very similar explanation for DN.

Can anyone recall or clarify how DN first came to be known in the media? I understand the authorities in CO reached out to Delphi investigators as they felt he could be connected but at what point did media get the information?

I'm asking as I often wonder if the reason RL and DN are they only two known names is that they were somehow the only ones leaked to the media, not necessarily because LE feels either are more involved than any of the 100 others. JMO.

Or any other POI, it would seem. It's hard to believe a double homicide took place ,in broad daylight and such little evidence exists. Imagine if the video and audio of the suspect(s) hadn't been captured. Geez............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is also why I have trouble believing it was an unplanned, random rage killing. The timing was so tight in regards to when the girls were there and when they were to be picked up at such an "off the path" remote location that it seems nearly impossible for the crime to be committed and done so without leaving enough evidence to link anyone at this point. IMO, the idea that it was planned and there was knowledge when and maybe even for how long the girls planned to be there, fits more in line with the aforementioned facts.

ETA:
1. Bridge Guy: serial killer or no? No

2. Local (25 mi radius), semi local (50-75 mi) or non local? Local

3. what age range do you believe he is? 45-55

4. Homeless or not? No

5. Planned attack or spontaneous? Planned

6. Lone wolf or accomplice (s)? Undecided.

4. Homeless or not?

1. Not an SK
2. A transient
3. 25-35
4. vagrant,
5. random, spontaneous
6. Lone wolf

I think this could be a very similar explanation for DN.

Can anyone recall or clarify how DN first came to be known in the media? I understand the authorities in CO reached out to Delphi investigators as they felt he could be connected but at what point did media get the information?

I'm asking as I often wonder if the reason RL and DN are they only two known names is that they were somehow the only ones leaked to the media, not necessarily because LE feels either are more involved than any of the 100 others. JMO.

Hi M2C,

IIRC, someone in CO saw DN in MSM coverage and thought he resembled the sketch of BG. CO LE was tipped and they contacted IN LE.

DN was already in MSM coverage in CO because of the hatchet incident and the TW case. The coverage about DN went national after the tip about the possible resemblance to the sketch. RL was already in the media because he was the landowner. I’m not sure either name would have been leaked to the media if they hadn’t already been in MSM and have no clue how much serious consideration LE gave either one of them. JMO.

1. Not an SK
2. A transient
3. 25-35
4. vagrant,
5. random, spontaneous
6. Lone wolf

1. Bridge Guy: serial killer or no? NO
2. Local (25 mi radius), semi-local (50-75 mi) or non-local? LOCAL
3. what age range do you believe he is? 35 -40
4. Homeless or not? NOT HOMELESS
5. Planned attack or spontaneous? SPONTANEOUS
6. Lone wolf or accomplice (s)? UNDECIDED