IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if DTH was directed at the girls. We also don't know at what point during the crime DTH was said.

Does this mean that BG could have directed them back across the bridge before saying DTH? Surely the video/audio from her phone that has not been released would make that clear. I'm guessing that this isn't the case, though, since there is still a question of how they got back across the creek.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...-bodies-found-as-missing-carroll-county-teens

Following a set of footprints led to the discovery of their bodies article 2/15/2017.

I have always wondered. Followed "a set" meaning one set of footprints?
IMO there are some questions that come to mind about there being " a set."

Was that set of footprints made by BG as he left the CS, or was it a set going toward the CS?

Good questions. Generally, 'set' (singular) means only one person. As such, it makes more sense to assume that they were backtracking prints that led away from the CS. But once they found the CS, did they find a set or multiple sets of footprints that led there? So much information we don't know.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...-bodies-found-as-missing-carroll-county-teens

Following a set of footprints led to the discovery of their bodies article 2/15/2017.

I have always wondered. Followed "a set" meaning one set of footprints?
IMO there are some questions that come to mind about there being " a set."

Was that set of footprints made by BG as he left the CS, or was it a set going toward the CS?
It is unknown what direction the footprints were headed. While there is much I would like to say concerning footprints it would get into things that are on the scanner thread and can't be discussed in this thread.

The north end of the bridge has a steep hill next to it that leads through the wooded area over to RL's property. There was a video where a reporter went down there showing how difficult it was to get to where they were found. If I can find his video I will post it. But the bridge being in excess of 60 feet above the creek or land, DTH can refer to either end IMHO.

EDIT: The easiest way to cross the creek in a cold water setting is back across the way they came. While GH's videos give an accurate location where BG was captured on video, we have no time stamp for that vid, nor do we have a time stamp for the DTH audio. There could be any number of minutes between those events. There is nothing to say they did not cross back and him follow them to the north end.
JMHO

But if that happened; the whole of the bridge and the North end plus the trail along the North bank to the CS would have been taped off as a crime scene and the searchers would not have needed to search the creek.

We do have a timestamp of 2.30 for the BG video as noted on the billboards. By 3.00 p.m. Libby was not answering her phone. We are also talking about a long way back across the bridge and then along that North bank and I think that would have taken too long and they would have bumped into someone. There were also no police cars at the north end they were all on the private road at the south end and at the cemetery IIRC.

It is unknown what direction the footprints were headed. While there is much I would like to say concerning footprints it would get into things that are on the scanner thread and can't be discussed in this thread.

Why can't we discuss the scanner details on here? Is there a legal reason or is it in the rules? Always meant to ask.

Why can't we discuss the scanner details on here? Is there a legal reason or is it in the rules? Always meant to ask.

Imo because it is “live”, it mentions names and addresses of people who may not be suspects, or are victims, and also may not be accurate as it is a situation in progress kind of thing. Also it may hold info LE does not later release. Jmo

We don't know if DTH was directed at the girls. We also don't know at what point during the crime DTH was said.

We do know. Holman said three people know what hapoened and two of them are dead so it must have been directed at the girls because it was on Libby's phone.

Scanner discussions and information on various cases are found in the "private forum" not available to the general public and only to registered members. Information from scanners, while may be accessed separately by the public, may also include info in those forums that is not public.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?22-Private-Forums

We do that DTH was directed at the girls. Quote paraphrased from LE:

Along with DNA evidence, police also have the suspect's voice. Police tell us Libby recorded the killer’s voice on her cell phone, telling the girls to go down the hill. Investigators say she hit record after he approached them near the Monon High Bridge.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/566691001

He approached them at the end of the bridge (we know this from the photos), and coupled with the footstep sounds it is fair to assume that DTH was said not long after the girls stepped off the bridge.

Grey Hughes explains it well in this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=1229s&v=21KWPDhrpc4

Correct me if I'm wrong, I have been known to be, but I distinctly remember reading that at one point Abby asks Libby, I'm paraphrasing, "is he still behind us? " and Libby responds "yes"
Anyone have a link?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

Permit me to simply say that the GH videos are by a Websleuths member Grayhuze and his YouTube channel is included in post 1 of each thread.
https://www.youtube.com/user/grayhuze
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-83&p=13944309#post13944309

Weather you agree or not with those videos is no different than if you accept or reject certain MSM reports. Always feel free to scroll and roll, question and discuss, but please don't insult the opinions or research, time and efforts by other members of WS.

Okay All, slightly off topic, but then again, not really. Last night I listened to some linked-together (now considered podcasts?) radio shows Tricia made and I was surprisingly intrigued and impressed. Very well put together and full of interesting details. Did not know Tricia has a history in radio. I think I got into it clicking a link I came across while reading the current Rebecca Zahau trial thread. VERY interesting show she did with Zahau family attorney (C.Keith Greer?)

My question- What is the best way to access Tricia's podcasts? Iheartradio ??? Spreaker??? I am having trouble finding them and want to see if Abby & Libby's case was covered as I'm sure it likely was. How to access the lot of them?

Okay All, slightly off topic, but then again, not really. Last night I listened to some linked-together (now considered podcasts?) radio shows Tricia made and I was surprisingly intrigued and impressed. Very well put togethef and full of interesting details. Did not know Tricia has a history in radio. I think I got into it clicking a link I came across while reading the current Rebecca Zahau trial thread. VERY interesting show she did with Zahau family attorney (C.Keith Greer?)

My question- What is the best way to access Tricia's podcasts? Iheartradio ??? Spreaker??? I am having trouble finding them and want to see if Abby & Libby's case was covered as I'm sure it likely was. How to access the lot of them?

try http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths
and https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?454-Websleuths-Radio

It's always important to call out opinion when it's stated as fact when discussing this case. BG may or may not have been a stranger to the girls. But we can't say it's a fact either way.

Also, there's a bit of a false dichotomy going on. The argument is presented as: Either he was totally unknown to both girls, or they knew him well enough to know his name.
What about: One knew him and one didn't. Or, they didn't know his name or who he was but had seen him around. Or, he looked vaguely familiar but they weren't sure. Or, he reminded them of someone but they didn't think it was really him, but it was. Or they thought it was someone they knew but it wasn't. Or they didn't recognize him until his face was right in front of him. Or he was a friend of a family member of a friend of a friend. Or they heard of him but never met him.
All that is opinion of course.

We do that DTH was directed at the girls. Quote paraphrased from LE:

Along with DNA evidence, police also have the suspect's voice. Police tell us Libby recorded the killer&#8217;s voice on her cell phone, telling the girls to go down the hill. Investigators say she hit record after he approached them near the Monon High Bridge.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/566691001

He approached them at the end of the bridge (we know this from the photos), and coupled with the footstep sounds it is fair to assume that DTH was said not long after the girls stepped off the bridge.

Grey Hughes explains it well in this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=1229s&v=21KWPDhrpc4
Police have never stated BG directed the girls DTH. There is zero proof DTH was said immediately leaving the bridge.

Except, I don't know how he would keep them both quiet. I wonder if the creek is noisy. I wonder if he knew how sound would carry in woods like that.

I know some of these cases can take years for the break police need.

With regards to DNA evidence, genetists can determine if there is a family match, as far as 3rd or 4th cousins, I think. I wonder if they've been asking for voluntary samples from the area, it could give them clues to a relative, even if the person wasn't tested.

ETA: if they haven't been collecting DNA, that could signify they don't have any.

Or was DN ruled out because DNA doesn't match?

Unfortunately Indiana doesn’t allow familial DNA searches. For months they did cheek swabs which leads me to believe they have DNA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any idea as to why LE IN have asked the Georgia Bureau of Investigations to look at this case, why not the FBI? TIA

Does anyone have any idea as to why LE IN have asked the Georgia Bureau of Investigations to look at this case, why not the FBI? TIA

Hi cath,
The FBI was involved from the beginning, as an agent lived near Delphi and assisted from the start. Also, Comey was advised about this case at least twice last year. This info is in articles in the media thread and has been discussed several times on these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal