IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION #2

No cameras will be allowed in the courtroom for the trial of Richard Allen, who is accused of killing two teenage girls in 2017 in Delphi, Indiana.

(NewsNation) — No cameras will be allowed in the courtroom for the trial of Richard Allen, who is accused of killing two teenage girls in 2017 in Delphi, Indiana.

Special Judge Fran Gull made the ruling Wednesday, NewsNation local affiliate WXIN reported.

Allen’s trial over the deaths of 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German is set to start May 13. Prior to the start of the trial, multiple news agencies had filed a request to allow cameras in the courtroom during the case, which has made national headlines.

Judge says Richard Allen’s public defenders were “sloppy, negligent and incompetent” in handling evidence, but she will not impose sanctions because the state failed to prove the conduct was willful & intentional. She set a new hearing next Tue in the #Delphi murders case.

https://twitter.com/BobSegallWTHR

On Wednesday, Gull set a pre-trial hearing for May 7 where the defense and the prosecutor can discuss some of their concerns about the upcoming trial scheduled to begin May 13.

Gull set that hearing for 9 a.m. May 7 in Allen County.

Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen is expected back in an Allen County courtroom this Tuesday for a hearing on whether his theory on Odinism will be admissible in his criminal trial.

• Updated May 2, 2024

@CoffindafferFBI

"Judge Fran Gull has found the Delphi murders defense team “sloppy, negligent, and incompetent” but declined to hold the pair in contempt."

Initially, I thought she was speaking of the investigation...

In any event, she has just paved the way for an appeal, along with the decision to hold him in a Maximum Security Prison, pre-conviction.

I am concerned that #RichardAllen's daughter may be on the witness list. I am concerned RA told someone he killed #Abby and #Libby and that is what led to his arrest.
I am concerned about his confessions.

I am wondering if the attack was random or if the killer knew Abby and Libby were going to be there, took his gun, and plotted accordingly.

There is more to this case than meets the eye, but no matter what happens, this case has multiple black eyes.

1714780323248.png

@Jake_Allen19

I’m in Allen County today for a hearing in the 2017 Delphi murder case. A trial for Richard Allen, the man accused in the killing of two teen girls in the rural Indiana town, is set to begin next week.

No electronics in the courthouse so I’ll have to report back afterwards. The hearing is set to being at 9 a.m. The first supporter of the victims’ families lined up outside the courthouse around 5:30 a.m. this morning, I’m told.

Read here for a live observation of the hearing – in and outside of the courthouse.

10:04 A.M.

The trial has been called off until October 14 – November 15.

10:04 A.M.

The hearing has dismissed for a break.

10 A.M.

The hearing has progressed into hour one. Many have entered and left the courthouse, but none connected to the Delphi hearing.

This video is no longer available

9:30 A.M.

Thirty minutes into the hearing, and there has been little movement outside the courthouse.

9 A.M.

The motions hearing for Allen has started.

In court on Tuesday, May 7, Special Judge Fran Gull decided the jury trial schedule for May 13-31 will now take place in October.

Both sides will return to court from May 21-23 in Carroll County to discuss multiple additional motions.

Prior to Allen's motion for a speedy trial, leading to the May dates, the trial was originally scheduled to take place from October 15-31, 2024.

Allen is charged with murder in the 2017 deaths of Abby Williams and Libby German.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rube Goldberg Variations
Back