IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

Father and son discover human remains in Anderson park

As officers were processing the scene, they discovered an identification card belonging to a male who has been reported missing, Sandefur said. Police are not releasing additional details regarding the missing person case pending efforts to determine if the remains found match the name on the identification card, he said.

That is true if they are not at a dead-end or a standstill and have a chance of finding her, getting the proof they need, etc. and maybe they have something going behind the scenes, we do not know. If not however, arresting for say an obstruction of justice charge, endangering a child, whatever they have doesn't preclude that murder can always be charged, there is no statute on it. May it silence a perp and not result in any confession? Sure, it's possible. However, the main POI was already arrested and held on other charges, I do not see much difference at this point to what they will or will not get out of him.

There is also the balance of there is a likely child murderer on the streets.

I certainly can see both sides of such a debate but at a certain point if they cannot get anywhere, what could possibly be charged would be something to consider imo.

I also think it would be surprising how many people do not know about this case and the quieter it gets, the less discussion and interest amongst the ones who do know about it. Even on here.

It is no knock on LE either, they were not even advised of a baby missing until well after the fact, giving a perp a major lead and time to cover up, etc. And then, per their own words, they encountered some people who were the opposite of helpful and even possibly hurt the chances of finding out what happened and finding her (paraphrasing). That was not their doing nor any mistake on their part.

I in fact was actually impressed with the efforts put forth considering the load the department has and the crimes occurring daily.

People are just frustrated on this baby's behalf, or at least I know I am so I am guessing others are as well.

Regardless, just my 2c worth, I can see both ways but it is a gamble they take in either direction, someone is free on the streets who possibly has already killed or locked up for maybe less time than murder by far for whatever time they can try for on other charges. To me, someone who has killed once and particularly a child, certainly would not hesitate to kill or harm again but jmo.

It is not up to us regardless and people just want to show they care about this child and the last I knew they have a right to voice that to public employees if they choose to do so.

All jmo and omo.
I refuse to give LE a pass on this due to work load, simply will not do it. No excuse IMO.

This case is too quiet. When any case does that, it is soooo frustrating because one one never knows if it has hit a roadblack and is going cold or if it is actively advancing behind the scenes...

It sure would be nice to hear of an arrest.

He probably doesn't know anything. He may be hoping for the best. I think it is hard to wrap your brain around something like this.

Well then, imho, if he does not know he should not state such things. Some take clergy's remarks as fact and give them more weight. He knows this was an accident? Accidents happen?? Who told him it was an accident that he can say that? I trust he is a major witness for LE. This is not at you, I am just jumping off of the posts that relate to this. Responsible clergy do not do that. So where is he getting this from?

Well then, imho, if he does not know he should not state such things. Some take clergy's remarks as fact and give them more weight. He knows this was an accident? Accidents happen?? Who told him it was an accident that he can say that? I trust he is a major witness for LE. This is not at you, I am just jumping off of the posts that relate to this. Responsible clergy do not do that. So where is he getting this from?
The pastor remarking about an accident was another Indianapolis case quoted in this thread. To my knowledge (I am local) no lastor has said that about this missing baby.

They also filed a Motion for No Contact Order against him today and a Probable Cause Affidavit but it all seems to relate to a previous February 27, 2019 arrest/case.

Anything that causes issues for this "man" that does not risk a murder conviction later is all good as far as I am concerned!

I don't think that's the same Robert Lyons. Address is listed as being in Carbondale.

ETA: Although the height and weight are the same as what's listed for him in the inmate lookup tool... so I don't know. What's his connection to Carbondale?

Last edited:
I don't think that's the same Robert Lyons. Address is listed as being in Carbondale.

ETA: Although the height and weight are the same as what's listed for him in the inmate lookup tool... so I don't know. What's his connection to Carbondale?

If you look at the "mycase" summary it has "other agency numbers". This is the same number from the "inmate lookup tool".
My Case site:
Defendant LYONS, ROBERT
Description
Male, White, 5' 8", 150 lbs.
Address
142 East 300 North
Carbondale, IN 47993
Other Agency Numbers

000000808302 Indianapolis Metropolitan Police

Inmate lookup tool:
Sex: M DOB: 10/16/1992
Height: 508 Weight: 150
Hair Length: Hair Color: BROWN
Complexion: Eye Color: GREEN

Inmate Information
Booking #: 1909552 Race: White
Permanent ID #: 000000808302 Ethnicity: Not Hispanic or Latino
State ID: Marital Status:
Police/County ID: Citizen: UNITED STATES
FBI #: Country of Birth: UNITED STATES
ICE #:

Incarceration Information

BBM

I can't say why his address is Carbondale because we aren't allowed to sleuth family......o_O

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back