IN IN - Brookley Louks, 19, Greenwood, 24 June 2002

http://doenetwork.org/cases/365ufok.html

What do ya'll think?
  • The victim was discovered on August 29, 2003 in Cole, McClain County, Oklahoma.
  • Estimated Date of Death: Between 6 and 12 months prior to discovery
  • Intact Skeletal Remains
  • Cause of death is unknown but being treated as a homicide, the victim may have been strangled.

• Estimated age: 15 - 20 years old
  • Approximate Height : 5'1" - 5'3"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Likely to have had red or reddish-brown hair. Old fracture to the left side of nose. No tattoos or scars. Sketches made from photographs of the female's skull showed her to have Native characteristics.
  • Dentals: She had extensive dental work performed. She still had her wisdom teeth.
  • Clothing: No clothing or jewelry.
    The skeletal remains were found on August 29, 2003, in a ravine on a heavily traveled county road, just north of highway 74B on May Avenue. The medical examiner has not been able to identify a cause of death.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/365ufok.html

What do ya'll think?
  • The victim was discovered on August 29, 2003 in Cole, McClain County, Oklahoma.
  • Estimated Date of Death: Between 6 and 12 months prior to discovery
  • Intact Skeletal Remains
  • Cause of death is unknown but being treated as a homicide, the victim may have been strangled.

• Estimated age: 15 - 20 years old
  • Approximate Height : 5'1" - 5'3"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Likely to have had red or reddish-brown hair. Old fracture to the left side of nose. No tattoos or scars. Sketches made from photographs of the female's skull showed her to have Native characteristics.
  • Dentals: She had extensive dental work performed. She still had her wisdom teeth.
  • Clothing: No clothing or jewelry.
  • The skeletal remains were found on August 29, 2003, in a ravine on a heavily traveled county road, just north of highway 74B on May Avenue. The medical examiner has not been able to identify a cause of death.
tHANKS FOR LOOKING KWATSON

But it just doesnt look like her to me......We got to keep looking for a match

Brookley's car was found in the parking lot of Poncho's and Lefty's restaruant at 37 & 144on June 30. That indicated to me that her body was disposed of in the area. White River is right there but I have read that it was searched pretty well. I hadn't considered JN's fishing trip and that he might have disposed of Brookley out of state. Brookley's uncle has a site with lots of information on the case www.louks.org. I would like to know if the court ever unsealed the interview between LE and Brookley's dad. The Louks family was very upset that they would not release that information after Brookley's dad passed away. Another site said that Brookley's mom was battling cancer in 2006. Hopefully, she is okay now (2009) and can some day have at least the closure of Brookley being found.

I am from the area too and would love to get some interest going on this case. I am also curious if the grandfather was able to get the interview information released. I wonder how we can find some info on this. The news let go of this case....long ago. :(

louks_brookley2.jpg
louks_brookley4.jpg
louks_brookley7.jpg
louks_brookley8.jpg

This is a 5 yr old Missing Persons Cold Case from 2002 Greenwood Indiana just south of Indianapolis. I would love to get all my fellow websleuthers help on this case.

Its a long story but It is a missing person 19 yr old girl Brookley Louks missing June 2002, beautiful girl it was in my neighborhood. I just wish they could locate her body for her familys sake.
I am hoping I can get your help in looking for some of the Jane Does in surrounding states that might be a match to Brookley, because I do know that the prime suspect took a fishing trip days after she went missing and she was last seen at his house, I have a feeling he could have taken her or parts of her from indiana kentucky and tennesse, and possibly the other surrounding states. But I know for a fact he went to KY and TN. Just after her disappearence. They found her blood in his gargae, just drops they said not enough to show she was murdered maybe had cut herself there before... WHATEVER..... However, the word is he buried her under cement he poured in his garage right after she went missing. So why won't the police dig it up???? His name was Joe Nowicki

He also, as a pond behind his house, that we thought she could possibly be in...But i would like to check any UID to see if we could match her.
I know he is an expert at hiding bodies because prior to Brookley's disappearance, he was the suspect in a friend of his whose body they have NEVER FOUND,
....The family recently had him declared legally dead. His name was Gene Derringer, the last know person to see him was Joe Nowicki, He has also served time in prison for rape, then while out he killed a man so he was in for murder
He was also charged with attempted murder of his own sister on a different occasion.....
But here's the kicker they arrested him on other charges to get him in their custody after Brookley disappeared to try and get him to talk ( a felon in possesion of a firearm) ...and was in federal prison for a short time and he was dying with cancer they made an agreement to let him out of jail to die at home and he would TALK and let them know where Brookley was and what happened. BUT HE NEVER DID THAT......
Oh and after this previously convicted murderer was let out of jail years ago after the attempt on his sisters life he was given a heart transplant......I just wonder who else on the waiting list died waiting for a heart while this guy got a new heart just to later go out and take two more innocent lives..... THEN HE IS ALLOWED OUT OF JAIL TO DIE WITH DIGNITY AT HOME !!!! makes me sick!!! I know alout of info not made public since I have talked to people invovled with these cases.
Brookley Loukes body is in a lake on a good friend of the killers property. I worked with this old lady at Arvins in Franklin and she as much as said so. She said they will never find that w----s body because the police have no reason to search my property. It was a farm south of Franklin that she owned but she didn't live there. Told the police but nothing came of it.

http://www.wthr.com/story/22212527/police-still-get-tips-in-missing-womens-cases

Louks was 19 when she disappeared in 2002. The once-troubled teen is still a very real presence in the evidence archives at Greenwood Police headquarters.

"It occupied a four-drawer file cabinet - full. Pictures, statements, every hard copy we had," Fillenwarth said.

The files are now safely locked away, but waiting for that one tip that could tie all the papers and pieces together.

"We worked all summer long on that case," he said. "We hit a lot of dead ends and we hit some we thought were pretty good."

Fillenwarth says detectives were close to charging Joseph Nowicki in the case. A man with a criminal past, Nowicki had made suspicious statements when Louks disappeared.

He was arrested on Federal gun charges, but died before making a confession.

"You want to know what happened, people want to know the truth and it's very frustrating," Fillenwarth said.

Tips still come in, maybe a couple a year, and police track them down.

"You don't want to be that officer, agency or department that says, 'Look, we're done with that case'," Fillenwarth said.

One of the main detectives on the case is retired now. Louks' DNA is in a national database, where it may one day help identify her. She's not just a file - her case lives.

"I could be 70 years old sitting in a rocking chair with a grandchild, unless this case is solved it will always be in the back of my mind," Fillenwarth said.

I wish there was more on this case. I'm from Greenwood and a bunch of my FB friends are friends with her sister and she still posts about her very often. I was only 12 when it happened, but I remember it very vividly. Joseph Nowicki lived right around the corner from my grandma's house and I remember being scared to go there after his named was released. I don't think there's any question who did it. I still hope they find her for her family's sake.

Greenwood Police seek help with decade-old cold case
Published: June 24, 2015, 12:34 pm

On the 13-year anniversary of the disappearance of a Greenwood woman, police are asking for the public’s help.

About a week after Louks initially went missing, her vehicle was discovered at Highway 37 and State Road 144. This discovery then led police to question Joe Nowicki. Tired and panting heavily, Nowicki was said to have been picked up by a neighbor near that area.

After searching Nowicki’s domicile, Louks’s blood was discovered. Blood from Louks was found on the floor, a desk and the ceiling. Nowicki told police Louks cut her finger working on an upholstery project.

Anyone with information on this case is being asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (317) 262-8477.

Sister, police want answers 13 years after teen disappears

http://wishtv.com/2015/12/08/13-years-later-sister-and-police-push-for-answers-in-greenwood-teens-disappearance/

“I just want to find her, and I won’t stop trying until we do,” said Mista Louks, Brookley’s younger sister by just 18 months.

“It gets a little bit harder every year,” said Louks. “She should be here with us. She has nieces and nephews. She would have a family of her own, a husband and children of her own. She should be celebrating the holidays.”

“It’s 2015, and we still deal with this case with the same amount of energy and the same amount of diligence that we did then,” said Lt. Eric Klinkowski, who investigated the case from the beginning. “Someday this case will be solved, and the guilty parties will be held accountable. There are people out there that know more about this case, and it’s up to them to get ahead of that and come to us. Time’s up.”

“The only way I believe we ever going to find her, is if someone says something,” said Louks. “It’s so frustrating because they have the answers we’ve been looking for, for so long, for so many years. And for their own selfish reasons, they won’t tell us. That’s when anger comes in, sadness, confusion. I just don’t understand how someone could live with that information and go on with their life.”

We will never stop looking, B. You will rest one day, I promise you that. We won't ever forget.

I wish there were more answers than questions. Most of us think the answers died along with the only suspect. There is someone out there who knows something.

Mother of Greenwood cold case: ‘I just want to bury my daughter’
Today is the toughest day of the year for a mom who hasn’t been been able to bury her baby girl.

June 24, 2002 was the last day 19-year-old Brookley Louks was seen. It’s been 16 years of hell for mother Kim Louks, who has relocated down to Florida following her daughter’s disappearance.

“I just want to bury my daughter,” Kim said.

Based on this podcast, it sure sounds like they really know who did it just really never had enough to prove it. So sad for her sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back