GUILTY IN - Jada Justice, 2, Gary, 16 June 2009

From the link that Fifth provided:

...police were searching an area near U.S. 421 in rural LaPorte County in connection with the Jada Justice case,...

...police and FBI agents had closed off Snyder Road, just north of the toll road and just east of U.S. 421 near Otis, Ind.

I wonder who the three others arrested were? I wonder what all the charges will be?

Autopsy is Friday. It's now a murder investigation.

God bless Jada and her family. I am crying for her like she was my own...I think her resemblance to my niece has mad this personal for me. Her family is in my prayers...I hope those two get the death penalty for taking this little angels life!!!

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2009/06/25/updates/breaking_news/doc4a43a1384f183585438698.txt

Short video included

quote:
"Authorities believe Tkachik burned his face when he tried to burn Jada's dead body, a source close to the investigation said. Mug shots released by authorities clearly show blistered and burn-damaged skin on Tkachik's face.

The source said Jada did not die of those burns, and authorities believe Jada may have died two weeks ago Saturday -- several days before Castillo reported the toddler's disappearance."

Please forgive me as perhaps I need to go back and read some of the first releases but I pulled this from an article.
How long was this little girl away from her mother (BBM below) or should I say how long was the mother away from this girl not to know she had been missing it says "several days" Where was mom?:

"Authorities believe Tkachik burned his face when he tried to burn Jada's dead body, a source close to the investigation said. Mug shots released by authorities clearly show blistered and burn-damaged skin on Tkachik's face.

The source said Jada did not die of those burns, and authorities believe Jada may have died two weeks ago Saturday -- several days before Castillo reported the toddler's disappearance

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2009/06/25/updates/breaking_news/doc4a43a1384f183585438698.txt

I wanted to post on this around 1:00 p.m. today, I live in La Porte and our local radio station WCOE got a tip and a reporter out.. I won't go into detail because I have nothing to back it up, our radio station does have a website but no news... When I first heard their report, my first thoughts went to Jada, I remember a few pages back in this thread with links about the boyfriends parents deaths.. that was in Otis as well.... Rest in Peace little Jada!

<sigh> that's what I thought those burns were from...flash burn. :(

i sit here and watch ng, after having watched the news. i'm sorry that michael jackson died but i sit here mad. what about the fact they may have found jade's little body? what about the fact they did find travis baker's body? aren't they JUST as important as michael jackson? don't they deserve the media attention also besides just a little blurp here or there? i know no one can answer or change the way the media works...i just had to rant a few. sorry.

i sit here and watch ng, after having watched the news. i'm sorry that michael jackson died but i sit here mad. what about the fact they may have found jade's little body? what about the fact they did find travis baker's body? aren't they JUST as important as michael jackson? don't they deserve the media attention also besides just a little blurp here or there? i know no one can answer or change the way the media works...i just had to rant a few. sorry.
I had CNN on and was hoping she would cover it too, I am disappointed.

Something that is real disturbing is what happened to this little girl that was so bad that they felt the need to cover this all up ! Apparently no accident !

makes you hate to want to find out but at the same time you do want to know. with the b/f having those burns...it scares me to think about the possibilities.

RIP Baby Jada and may you and your family get the justice you so deserve.

Arrests made

Six people were arrested at 5405 2nd Ave., Valparaiso, Thursday morning.

blue-dot.white.png
Engelica Castillo's home

The baby sitter - Engelica Castillo - lives on the 3900 block of Missouri Street in Hobart.

blue-dot.white.png
Glen Park Gas

The gas station where Engelica Castillo says Jada Justice was taken is at the intersection of Ridge Road and Louisiana Street in Gary.

blue-dot.white.png
Jada Justice's home

Jada Justice's home is at the intersection of Clydia Street and Lyndell Avenue in Portage.

blue-dot.white.png
Jada's body found

Police have been digging in a region near Otis on Snyder Road where, a source says, Jada Justice's body was found.

someone must have told them where to find her

http://www.examiner.com/x-7520-Chic...-believed-to-be-that-of-2yearold-Jada-Justice

The Times newspaper reports the two people in custody are babysitter Engellica Castillo and her boyfriend Tim Tkachik.

The Times quotes Lake County Prosecutor Bernard Carter as saying forensic tests will be needed to positively identify the remains, however he says "We feel very comfortable that we do, in fact, have Jada Justice."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sshamrick2011
Back