IN - Kinsleigh Welty, 5, dies from malnourishment after being locked in closet covered in fecal matter - 04/13/2024

Clearsky

Reaction score
I know this stuff exists, but every time I read something like this I’m still somehow shocked at the inhumanity of people. This poor little girl was failed by more than those three adults - she was failed by a system that’s supposed to protect innocent children. This poor little girl. I’ll never understand how someone can inflict any kind of abuse on a child, let alone something as horrific as this.

“She was murdered by a monster who was her so called mother Toni McClure and her boyfriend,” Carrie Hogan writes. “The abuse started the day she was born. At three weeks old she and her siblings were removed by DCS and put into foster care and also the care of family. She was malnourished and they were living in horrific conditions. However, due to a failed DCS system she was placed back into her mothers care. And then was removed once again at a later time and sent back into foster care. But due to DCS not presenting the case properly along with evidence, the courts had no choice but to give her back to her mother again and to dismiss the case. Since October of 2023 people called DCS to report abuse but nothing was done.”
Girl, 5, forced to live in a closet allegedly starves to death after being returned to mom

This baby suffered from birth. She was completely failed by the three adults responsible for her care and custody, failed by the state, and died in her own filth. When will this end? People saw something and said something for this whole baby's life and still it ended like this.

So true, @tlcya ... it both enrages me and breaks my heart to see stories like this. It sounds like the one set of grandparents did all they could, but no one would listen. How helpless they must've felt. As for the Evil Grandmother Halsey, not only did she know about the closet "prison" but duct taped Kinsleigh to the bed herself...what kind of inhumane monster is she? I see, by the way, that she hasn't missed any meals--sorry, not sorry.

I am wondering what condition the other children are in and are they somewhere safe? From the articles, it seems like this is another case of one child being singled out for abuse. DCF and the courts need to change to protect the children better.

And of course, there was hoarding involved.

Snipped for focus from the article in post #9

"McClure had been in trouble with the law before. She was charged with neglect in December 2018 for her treatment of Kinsleigh. Back then, the house was in a state of filth. “It appeared the trash had never been taken out,” one responding officer wrote in a years-old court document obtained by WXIN. “Nats (sic) were flying all over the kitchen and living room.”

“The abuse started the day she was born. At three weeks old she and her siblings were removed by DCS and put into foster care and also the care of family. She was malnourished and they were living in horrific conditions."

I hope the "mother" gets a long enough sentence to keep her in jail until her remaining children are at least 18.

Ok I clarified and I am okay in saying I worked with Tammy, the grandmother, maybe 15 or so years ago. We never hung out after work or anything like that. She was a hard worker, clean, nice, funny, etc. She never impressed me as being a hard drug user or someone who drank alot. I don't remember her talking about her family much and seemed that maybe she didn't always have an easy life and worked hard for everything she had. I was completely dumbfounded when I watched the news and her face was plastered on it. She literally looks nothing like she use too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
findtrvthh
Back