Found Deceased IN - Kyran Holland, 1, Kyannah Holland, 2, Kyle Moorman II, 5, & dad, Kyle Moorman, 27, Indianapolis, 6 Jul 2022

@Indy22 I'm so, so sorry for your friend and her family. This is unimaginably heartbreaking. If you are able, can you confirm whether or not Kyle's body was injured in anyway? <modsnip>
From what I understand it looks like it may have been, but only based on what could be seen by quick on-scene examination. It was impossible to tell what caused the “injuries” and if they were pre or post mortem. Very eager to hear the autopsy results to get a straight answer and hoping they’ll help ascertain what happened out there that night.

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

Waiting is so incredibly hard ……

Last edited by a moderator:
INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department has released a timeline detailing their missing persons investigation into Kyle Moorman and his three young children after the bodies of Moorman and the kids were found in a pond on Indy’s southwest side.

After family and friends of Kyle Moorman expressed frustration in the search efforts conducted by authorities, IMPD released a more detailed account on Wednesday stating the department intended to “answer some of the questions IMPD has received from the community about this investigation.”

More at IMPD detail investigation into missing Indy dad, children

I think it is very likely this was just a tragic accident. The parking brake could have failed, or one of the kids could have hit the brake or shifter. The car rolled into the water, Kyle attempted to save the kids and drowned.

Unless the investigation reveals another scenario I feel like an accident is the most likely scenario.
I also wonder about possible mechanical failures, such as a failure of the parking brake or if the transmission was in "Park" but popped out into Neutral if one of the kids bumped it. I don't know what make of car it was but there have been recalls for those types of issues.

Just as criteria for an Amber Alert was not met, criteria got the indianapolis fire department dive team was not met.

13News reached out to the Indianapolis Fire Department and the Indiana DNR about the protocols used for using dive teams in missing persons searches.

IFD told us there is certain criteria that must be met to send the team into water.
First, they have to be requested to respond to the scene from law enforcement or the 911 system. There also has to be a credible witness present with a "last seen" point.
Dive considerations are made after those both are available.

I also wonder about possible mechanical failures, such as a failure of the parking brake or if the transmission was in "Park" but popped out into Neutral if one of the kids bumped it. I don't know what make of car it was but there have been recalls for those types of issues.
Even if there was no recall or defect it isn’t difficult to imagine a child moving the shifter out of “Park” and sending the car rolling into the pond.

About two hours ago, IPD released a timeline of events since they were notified by family members that Kyle and children were missing. I believe they did far more than people realize. They were working with info they received from the family, which wasn't always the same info - depending on who they were talking to. Also, they had to wait for warrants to be returned to gain access to his phone, etc.

About two hours ago, IPD released a timeline of events since they were notified by family members that Kyle and children were missing. I believe they did far more than people realize. They were working with info they received from the family, which wasn't always the same info - depending on who they were talking to. Also, they had to wait for warrants to be returned to gain access to his phone, etc.

The family had the ping info on Monday. Am I supposed to believe the family sat on that info? I promise I am not anti LE. I am a LE and military family. But I will always question when things don't line up.

ADMIN NOTE:

WS is victim friendly and Kyle Moorman is a victim in this matter unless LE determines otherwise. At this point, it could very well be simply a tragic accident.

Please stop with the negative insinuations and/or veiled accusations. It's fine to question why he may or may have not done certain things, but it's really quite possible to leave it there without somehow apportioning blame.

Thank you.

The best data I found was posted at this link which includes a detailed Timeline provided by IMPD:

Posted at 11:34 AM, Jul 13, 2022 and last updated 7:34 PM, Jul 13, 2022

Man, kids pulled from pond ID'ed as missing father and children

I am shocked by the tips that came in for this case. Almost everyone of them were deemed unfounded including this mean-spirited one that states:
July 11
10:28 a.m.
: Anonymous tip. An individual made statements she was going to kill Kyle and the children. Detectives followed up on this sighting, but the tip was unfounded.

For all that is holy, that person should be arrested for filing a false report!

This July 11 Tip indicates the family members could not confirm the items found belonged to Kyle and his children:

7 p.m.: Moorman's family searched the pond located on Bluff Road. The family believes this was the last location of Kyle Moorman and his children due to finding the password for Kyle Moorman’s email account. Southwest District had at least six cars on the scene. Officers walked the bank line and saw no signs of a vehicle in the water. A bottle and clothing were collected as possible evidence; however, the location is littered with garbage and other debris. Family members could not confirm or agree that the items were from the Moorman family.

This July 12 @ 10:35 Tip shows me the father had no intentions of wrecking that Saab on the evening of the fishing trip with his children:

July 12
10:35 a.m.: Tip: Auto Glass repair business advised that Kyle Moorman had his windshield replaced the day he went missing. Text messages from Kyle Moorman and invoice collected.

July 12
3 p.m.
: Detectives and the Aviation Unit, using drones, conducted a search of Sloan Ditch Pond. Vehicle tracks are located on the pond’s edge; however, nothing is observed in the water.

As a PADI certified scuba diver, I don't want to die drowning. I can only hope the deaths of these sleeping tiny babies was swift and as painless as possible. My heart fills with sorrow for all those who knew this family and those who loved them dearly. They will be missed but not forgotten.

I don't see how the family could sue anyone. There is NOTHING LE could have done to save the children. They were gone before the family even realised they were missing. :(

It would have been easier on the family if the police had brought divers out sooner---but the end result would still be the same tragic outcome.

Being with young children on the water can be very dangerous, sometimes deadly. It is heartbreaking. We see it all too often here on the forum. It's just so sad looking at the pictures of those 3 sweet babies and their Dad.

In IMPD’s timeline of events, detectives had been at the pond near Bluff and Troy at 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, seven hours before a body was spotted in the water and police were called back to the scene. Detectives and Aviation Units searched the pond using drones on Tuesday afternoon, police said, but nothing was located and no signs of a car entering the water were spotted.

IMPD said family members of Moorman approached detectives while they were searching the pond Tuesday afternoon and told them that they had hacked Moorman’s email and discovered his last known location was near the pond.

IMPD said detectives then scheduled for a DNR sonar boat to search the pond at 9 a.m. on Wednesday.

But even according to IMPD Tuesday was not the first time detectives heard about the phone ping linking Moorman to the pond near Bluff and Troy.

Ultimately, Moorman’s body was spotted by an unidentified individual in the very pond family and police walked around on Monday near Bluff and Troy. Early Wednesday, Moorman’s car was pulled out from under the surface of the pond and the body of his three young children were found within.

Police have not clarified why early reports of Moorman’s phone pinging at the pond near Bluff and Troy were not deemed credible until Tuesday.

A complete breakdown of IMPD’s investigative timeline can be found here.

“I know we are not getting any help from the detective on this case. He doesn’t feel like it’s fit for us to have cadavers and dogs out here to find my baby’s scent, which I think is bull****,” Natasha Hayes said.

A woman who didn’t want to share her name came to the pond to pay her respects to those lost and express frustration with police.

“If it was my kids or my brother or my nieces and nephew, I would have wanted somebody out here on Thursday or Friday when they reported it,” she said. “When the family’s begging and pleading you to get out on this pond, that’s what they’re here for, is to protect and serve. But they failed.”

“They had one drone,” the family friend said. “A drone can’t see through these woods. A drone can’t see down in this water.”

IMPD wouldn’t talk about this case specifically on Wednesday.

But they said in general, in missing persons cases, they work lots of leads and need specific evidence from multiple clues to guide them into water — more than just a cell phone.

“It’s helpful, but it’s one piece. It’s one piece and so what we’re always looking for is pull together multiple pieces of information,” said Cmdr. Matthew Thomas with IMPD Criminal Investigations. “We look at license plate readers to see if a vehicle was in an area, cellular technology. We may also look at public safety cameras, more recently drones. We’ll use those to conduct preliminary assessments of an area to look for specific evidence that would lead us to believe that a person that is missing is in a specific location within a body of water or a wooded area or something like that.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule
Back