IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wthr.com/story/14879549/key-card-swipes-may-hold-clues-in-the-disappearance-of-iu-student

Potential new leads are going out from Smallwood Plaza, where Lauren lives.
The apartments require key cards for entry. That security data could be key for Bloomington police.

"We have more than 4,000 key swipes in the 48 hours surrounding her disappearance," said Smallwood spokesperson Ernie Reno. Reno says they offered that information to police right away, as soon as Lauren was reported missing, but didn't get a response.

Now, after reaching out to investigators again Thursday, police say they want the data. Smallwood plans to deliver that information to police Friday morning.

"It's one more piece to the puzzle, and whether or not Lauren had her card at that time, we don't know, but perhaps someone else did that may have been with her or whatever, and we can track it that way, so we're hopeful that something will be found," Reno said.

Why hasn't it come out who was the last person, or according to CR's lawyers, the last people, to see Lauren? Usually the name of the last person to see a missing person is released or leaked.

http://www.fox59.com/videobeta/?watchId=93c4c94c-7de5-4946-bf5f-b50c491a1f11

Interesting. Did Lauren's boyfriend track her down that night? Perhaps pick her up in a car as she was walking home?

His friends I'm sure called him that night to let him know what was going on. I think the boyfriend should take a poly. Has he, anyone know?

Now this one actually says it was friends of Spierer's boyfriend that were involved in the altercation with CR where his atty says he was hit in the face and bruised up. Interesting. Plot thickens

Why hasn't it come out who was the last person, or according to CR's lawyers, the last people, to see Lauren? Usually the name of the last person to see a missing person is released or leaked.

Check out the video Knox posted above. There's a guy on there that says he saw her walking. I wonder if he was that person.

Check out the video Knox posted above. There's a guy on there that says he saw her walking. I wonder if he was that person.

He said he recognized her because he had seen her walking in the area before.. I don't think he was the person who saw her that night, but I could be wrong

Now this one actually says it was friends of Spierer's boyfriend that were involved in the altercation with CR where his atty says he was hit in the face and bruised up. Interesting. Plot thickens

That is pretty interesting, so were they anygry on behalf of their absent friend, the boyfriend? And then wasn't there supposed to be another "altercation" at CR's building as well?

You know his friends called him and told him what was up. Unless he was out of town that night, wouldn't he have showed up and wanted to know what was going on? Maybe he was pizzed by the time he caught up with her, who knows?

That was my thought, maybe he's the witness who saw her walking home. He says he does not know her, but has seen her "walking by" before.

You know his friends called him and told him what was up. Unless he was out of town that night, wouldn't he have showed up and wanted to know what was going on? Maybe he was pizzed by the time he caught up with her, who knows?

That was my thought, maybe he's the witness who saw her walking home. He says he does not know her, but has seen her "walking by" before.

BBM. My thoughts exactly. LE has said they have POI's and are not saying how many, probably because it's the same number of people as the guys who were in the altercation. JMHO

BBM. My thoughts exactly. LE has said they have POI's and are not saying how many, probably because it's the same number of people as the guys who were in the altercation. JMHO

Add to this the texts he sent to her the following day and it kinda makes sense. Not accusing, just discussing possibilities.

Hope LE is checking his cell phone records.

I agree, I think that its extremely likely that they would have called/texted their friend if they thought Lauren being with CR was a problem..
It would seem weird if they got so worked up/concerned about it that they punched him and then didn't notify her boyfriend.. and you would assume that once the bf knew he wouldn't be very happy and would want to see/speak to Lauren immediately!

In my experience guys of that age are very protective and territorial so to speak about their relationships.. I doubt he would have waited till the next day to contact her if he knew about her being with CR

Not trying to be accusing.. just nutting it out, JMO of course!

I took it as he recognized her when he realized she was missing, as in that he had seen her around before, not that he saw her that night...?

I found this interesting...snipped from a comment left on the article here:

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-conf...ght-she-went-missing-20110608,0,2301081.story

<snip>What the police keep 'discovering' sounds like a pretty typical night (yes, losing phone and shoes included) except for her walk home (which is also pretty normal to walk home if you live there) 11th & college is much different than 10th & college; 10th is a straight shot I would feel okay walking from there, but 11th is down a hill and under a train tressel thing and next to 2 *advertiser censored* shops. The police need to be checking those shops and registered sex offenders!!!

I know this quite possibly has nothing to do with the actual "disappearing" of Lauren.. And maybe it is just human instinct and I am just wanting to know.. Whatever the case I would like to know amd understand about What exactly was going on between Lauren and Jesse.. And Lauren and Corey.. And possibly even Lauren and our last person to see her, male#2??

Is no one else wondering??

We have from multiple sources close to Lauren(both friends that actually lived with her.. As well as her father)..stating that Lauren amd Jesse were in a long term very loving and hethy relationship.. That Jesse deeply loved and cared for Lauren and her dad says that she felt the same for Jesse..

From the little we know they met prior to Lauren attended IU.. Couple years ago at a summer camp In Pennsylvania.. With Jesse being a Senior at IU I'd be willing to bet that he is the reason for Lauren choosing IU and joined him there to attend IU..all sounds well and good, right??

So does anyone understand why it seems as tho she was "with" Corey the night in question? Whom we know she'd just met 2 weeks ago at Indy.. She left the bar at 230 am alone with Corey.. IMO quite likely pretty heavily intoxicated as she left her shoes and cell behind at the bar.. He walks with her to her apt.. As we know there was some type altercation while at Smallwood but Lauren and Corey never actually made It to her apt.. Rather after this altercation(which some reports lead me to believe these males in question someone knew or were familiar with Lauren.. Possibly acquaintances?)..

Lauren now concerned about her new friemd Corey having been knocked around pretty good by these guys.. She goes with Corey to his apt complex some mile and a half away..while enroute it seems that Lauren again was unable to keep up with own personal items of importance.. Possibly a purse and for certain her keys(further leading me to believe she was pretty heavily Intoxicated..)

Upon getting Corey home to his apt and to bed to sleep off the booze and injuries from the altercation.. Lauren still doesn't go directly home or even call roomates/friends or boyfriend to let them know what's happened or for a ride.. To our knowledge she calls non one but strangely leaves Coirey snoozing in his bed and goes to another apt located in the same complex.. This corroborated by several others.. And stays an unspecified amount of time at this others guys apt..

Why?? What was she doing?
And it is this unnamed male #2 that the police have said was the last to see Lauren when he watched her walk, headed home to her apt, barefoot, without keys or purse.. And he says he saw her make to the corner of 11th and make the turn at that corner.. He says that was the last he saw Lauren and that was at 430am..

Now a most recent report is LE stating they've now got video of Lauren at 4:15am.. At/or near an "alley" and that the video shows her to be with this second male..

This IMO is not good info.. Meaning according to male2 he didn't walk with Lauren but just watched her as she salted to corner of 11th.. Now we' ve got LE stating they have visual video if Lauren at 4:15 walking from male2's apt to her apt.:. WITH MALE2 ACCOMPANYING HER!!!..
guess will just hav to wait to see if this indeed is indicative of something or if it's just half azz reporting..

But back to my original question.. What do others think was the actuAl dynamics of what was goingon that nite nJesse was not present at all and Lauren seems to have "been with" Corey, her new found "friend" from 2 weeks ago...

I wonder what was Jesse's feeling when finding all of this out?

Anyone have any opinions either way about this particular issue of this case??

TIA

After catching up on all the news articles, it is my impression that one of three scenarios could have happened:

1. Maybe JW's friends called him after the altercation and told him that Lauren had left with CR. He may have gone to the apt. building to get her or maybe not. That could be a motive for an altercation with Lauren.

2. The second male, last name starts with B also could have been involved in her disappearance. LE says there's a pic from the alley at 4:15 am where she is with a male companion. If it turns out to be B then this contradicts his statement that Lauren had taken College Ave., not the alley, to get back home.

3. CR could have woken up and went after Lauren after she left B's apartment.

I hope LE divulges who the male companion is at the 4:15 am pic from the alley. That would be key.

[/b]

I took it as he recognized her when he realized she was missing, as in that he had seen her around before, not that he saw her that night...?

Probably right Clu. So does that mean Lauren visited CR before that night or does she have other friends in that area? Haven't been able to keep up with case as I would like.

One thing I wanted to say. In many cases, LE or family shuts down the media (Holly Bobo comes to mind); The details being released in the press have been amazing. I don't even have time to go back and read them all from just the past two days.

I've seen several article mention 'witnesses' say that CR was the last person to see her and watched her walk towards her apartment.

http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?id=1438911

Witnesses say Spierer and Rossman left the building and went to Rossman's apartment nearby where they stayed until Spierer left around 4:30, the last time she was seen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/09/corey-rossman-last-man-to_n_873992.html

Uh-oh almost at 500 posts. For all you newbies, that means another thread will be started shortly.

I've seen several article mention 'witnesses' say that CR was the last person to see her and watched her walk towards her apartment.

Witnesses say Spierer and Rossman left the building and went to Rossman's apartment nearby where they stayed until Spierer left around 4:30, the last time she was seen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/09/corey-rossman-last-man-to_n_873992.html

Quoting myself...sorry...but I want to counter my earlier info with this
The lawyer said Spierer was seen by at least two other people after leaving Rossman's apartment.

He said Rossman was not the witness police said saw Spierer rounding a corner on her way home.

A neighbor at Rossman's building, Keith Turner, identified the man who reported seeing Spierer last as another neighbor who is good friends with Rossman.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-09-missing-indiana-student_n.htm

Several people have also said he was not the last one to see her. Allegedly 3 or 4 other people saw her after CR was put to bed. Another gentleman who lives in the apartment complex said the person that watched her walk away also lived in the apartment complex and was friends with CR. No name was mentioned.

I am more concerned about the reported fights, one at each place she went after leaving the bar, than the fact she was with another guy; I don't pretend to understand the relationships of college-age people anymore, so maybe going to another guy's apartment at 3am is not unusual...:( but having some sort of a fight break out in both places is alarming and feels somehow connected to me.

This article states that the second fight occurred 2 days later.

"The lawyer also said a second confrontation, at Rossman’s building, took place a couple of days after Spierer went missing, when other students confronted Rossman."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member