IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are referring to the altercation with CR and JW's fraternity brothers. They have video of the fight. It was Lauren, CR, and a group of the frat brothers.

And WHO does LS take home and tuck in bed? Not the boyfriend, JW. Imagine his embarassment, anger, etc in front of his fellow frat brothers after they knock the snot out of CR that's with JW's "property" and she goes home with CR??? Whoa, JW must have been in some mood that night. Then JW can't get a hold of her because her cell phone is at the bar BUT he wakes up and is suddenly concerned about LS' whereabouts. So, being the hero that he is, calls her parents and says she is "Missing," the infamous words of SP to Laci's parents. The choice of that word is chilling given it hasn't been 24 hours, but moreso chilling after she pretty much drew a line in the sand with him the night before. How about "Have you heard from Lauren" for a start. How did he know she was missing? JW wasn't friends with the people that LS was last to hang out with the night before so for all he knew she passed out somewhere - and that was a likely scenario, considering the people that saw her apparently wasted. Why does JW call the parents first? Did he get her phone and call every number from the previous 24 hrs on it? Did he walk the entire campus? Go into every apartment she might have been in? WHAT DID HE DO before calling the parents and telling them their daughter was missing? That would be very interesting to know. My gut says nothing then and nothing since.

And WHO does LS take home and tuck in bed? Not the boyfriend, JW. Imagine his embarassment, anger, etc in front of his fellow frat brothers after they knock the snot out of CR that's with JW's "property" and she goes home with CR??? Whoa, JW must have been in some mood that night. Then JW can't get a hold of her because her cell phone is at the bar BUT he wakes up and is suddenly concerned about LS' whereabouts. So, being the hero that he is, calls her parents and says she is "Missing," the infamous words of SP to Laci's parents. The choice of that word is chilling given it hasn't been 24 hours, but moreso chilling after she pretty much drew a line in the sand with him the night before. How about "Have you heard from Lauren" for a start. How did he know she was missing? JW wasn't friends with the people that LS was last to hang out with the night before so for all he knew she passed out somewhere - and that was a likely scenario, considering the people that saw her apparently wasted. Why does JW call the parents first? Did he get her phone and call every number from the previous 24 hrs on it? Did he walk the entire campus? Go into every apartment she might have been in? WHAT DID HE DO before calling the parents and telling them their daughter was missing? That would be very interesting to know. My gut says nothing then and nothing since.

With all due respect, this "theory" that you propose makes no sense. Both JW and her roommates reported LS missing around 3 pm. That was the right thing to do and might have saved her life if there was a way to find her. IMO the key to the whole story is the altercation at 2.30 AM. If that happened because JWs friends suspected cocaine use that could have been dangerous for LS and then she still left with the POI who claims memory loss that evening, it would only make sense that JW and her roomate (HT) would be concerned and worried. After failing to reach her or find her in her room that AM/early afternoon, the right thing to do would be to notify the police immediately so she could be located as soon as possible, especially as she had a heart condition and cocaine use was especially dangerous for her. The actions of JW and HT seem perfectly reasonable and appropriate.

With all due respect, this "theory" that you propose makes no sense. Both JW and her roommates reported LS missing around 3 pm. That was the right thing to do and might have saved her life if there was a way to find her. IMO the key to the whole story is the altercation at 2.30 AM. If that happened because JWs friends suspected cocaine use that could have been dangerous for LS and then she still left with the POI who claims memory loss that evening, it would only make sense that JW and her roomate (HT) would be concerned and worried. After failing to reach her or find her in her room that AM/early afternoon, the right thing to do would be to notify the police immediately so she could be located as soon as possible, especially as she had a heart condition and cocaine use was especially dangerous for her. The actions of JW and HT seem perfectly reasonable and appropriate.

I don't disagree that JW or HT reporting LS missing at 3 pm was the RIGHT thing to do, I think it is a stretch that it was general concern about her and her heart condition and possible substance abuse. These folks were up very late. On a normal day they most likely sleep late. They are college kids, that's what they do. And if they had to get up early for a job or a class, that would have taken their time and attention for several hours at least that morning. So the "search" for LS by calling the network of friends she could have possibly crashed with wouldn't have started until almost noon I think. So in my mind, yes, the 3 pm reported MIA to LE and parents is a stretch. Someone here on this board earlier (my apologies for not being able to find your quote and cite you) commented that these folks had real reason WAY earlier than 3 pm to know something very wrong had happened overnight to LS. They had either been up all night themselves and had witnessed something, or had gotten some credible reports/rumors from other folks who had, and by 3 pm had already spent many hours trying to track LS down. Or by 3 pm they DID do 'the right thing' and called authorities and her parents because they knew the worst had happened and it was beyond the realm of handling this horrible situation by themselves anymore. At least that's just what I'm thinking.....

I don't want to post anyone's name because I don't think it's okay... so please go to link to end of the article. It mentions a witness that quotes CR the following morning.
I posted this awhile ago and I'm bumping because I didn't see anyone's opinion on it..

I hope it was okay to post link? Bessie?

I find it interesting... What do you make of it?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-12-lauren-spierer-missing_n.htm

I don't want to post anyone's name because I don't think it's okay... so please go to link to end of the article. It mentions a witness that quotes CR the following morning.
I posted this awhile ago and I'm bumping because I didn't see anyone's opinion on it..

She was probably already reported missing within the social circle, but not officially with the PD.

Link is fine I'm sure since it's USA Today. And yes, that IS an interesting quote from a witness to CR's demeanor the next morning. Hardly sounds like a person who had been punched into a memory loss just hours before. This article also questions the severity of the punch since there were no visiable bruises. But since this article came out, I believe we have learned there is videotape of the altercation, so LE surely knows how legit the claim is. Again, if CR is up and awake and questioning his neighbors that very morning about seeing LS hours earlier, then folks already knew something bad had happened, and before she was reported missing at @ 3 pm. However, maybe this 'detective work' was happening on Sat. morning and I missed that. Either way, seems like CR was feeling OK in spite of the punch and the memory loss, AND maybe a bit casual in his queries about a MIA girl who was seen in his company shortly before she disappeared.

Link is fine I'm sure since it's USA Today. And yes, that IS an interesting quote from a witness to CR's demeanor the next morning. Hardly sounds like a person who had been punched into a memory loss just hours before. This article also questions the severity of the punch since there were no visiable bruises. But since this article came out, I believe we have learned there is videotape of the altercation, so LE surely knows how legit the claim is. Again, if CR is up and awake and questioning his neighbors that very morning about seeing LS hours earlier, then folks already knew something bad had happened, and before she was reported missing at @ 3 pm. However, maybe this 'detective work' was happening on Sat. morning and I missed that. Either way, seems like CR was feeling OK in spite of the punch and the memory loss, AND maybe a bit casual in his queries about a MIA girl who was seen in his company shortly before she disappeared.

I'm thinking the term "memory loss" is a euphemism for alcohol-related blackout in this case. Just think of it as that and his behavior makes more sense. The very next morning could be 11 a.m. or later for all we know.

I'm thinking the term "memory loss" is a euphemism for alcohol-related blackout in this case. Just think of it as that and his behavior makes more sense. The very next morning could be 11 a.m. or later for all we know.

I agree. The reported memory loss could be alcohol-related, even though CR's attorney made a public statement attributing it to the punch. But I still think it's a remarkable and quick recovery to go from having to be put to bed after 2 am in a condition that causes memory loss, yet up and about and casually inquiring before noon if neighbors had seen a small blond girl hours earlier.

Good article in today's Indianapolis paper. I learned a few new things.

www.indystar.com

That is a good article, assuming all of the facts are correct. They have someone different (a hairdresser) finding Lauren's keys. And MB is placed partying with the group earlier in the evening, even though he was working on his term papers. Also that she was walking with DR when she left Smallwood at 12:30 AM, so they must have removed him from the photo. More details as well.

That is a good article, assuming all of the facts are correct. They have someone different (a hairdresser) finding Lauren's keys. And MB is placed partying with the group earlier in the evening, even though he was working on his term papers. Also that she was walking with DR when she left Smallwood at 12:30 AM, so they must have removed him from the photo. More details as well.

The hairdresser must have been the one who actually picked up the keys and turned them in. Whereas the others just left them there overnight, as they said.

It also could be June 4, Saturday morning. I think that would make a lot more sense than if he were out there on Friday morning already before she was ever reported missing.

we also have police, on record, saying that they intentionally will not tell us everything they know about the case.

It still has been 3 weeks and there is no sign of her, whether police will intentionally tell us everything they know or not. So whatever it is police know, it is clearly isn't enough.

Looks like BW (roommate of LS) tells Tony to leave her and HT out of this:

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...e-to-stonewall-leave-hadar-and-i-out-of-this/

I think the friends of LS are not only trying to stay under the radar about that night, but vigorously trying to protect their lifestyle. It's sad that these students are all trying to pretend that they're not partying out of control regularly and pretending that the night of LS disappearing was way out of character for her. It's been pretty obvious from the start that they're party folks, what with all the public intoxication charges and various other infractions (CR being "banned" from Smallwood for prior bad behavior as an example)

This in no way means that any of them had any responsibility for whatever ultimately happened to LS, but whatever happened to her, it did happen, and now they're having to deal with the fact that their lifestyle runs counter to mainstream, and it is going to be publicized, waa-waaa :sick::sick: I feel no pity! At least they could have some decency and go to LE, or the parents and own up to what was really going on that night.

I've been in Bloomington for two weeks, have spoken to her friends, have interviewed hundreds of people here, been at every news briefing, doing actual reporting. Just like any joe shmo with an opinion.

Speaking of which, Tony - would love to hear your opinion, if you have one. I am pretty sure it has been evolving over the time that you have been investigating.

HT and BW do on-camera interviews and pose for "portraits" in Gannett newspaper and they want to be left alone? Sorry, gals, that cat's out of the bag.

And it's "Leave ME out of this" not "I". Yes, I am the grammar police. :crazy:

Arrogance! I'll go to the media and say what I want to say because my friend just went missing, but when the hard questions are asked about our lifestyle, go away. I THINK BW MAY BE WATCHING THIS BOARD REAL CLOSELY. Why else would she tell me to leave Hadar alon?. I've never written anything about HT on my blog, only what's been reported by others, but I have discussed theories here.

And yes, of course I noticed the bad grammar -- it jumps right out at you -- as a writer. That's what a 40k a year college education gets you?

Everyone,

You know that we should not even subtly be posting comments that appear to be "attacking" other posters of WebSleuths. And certainly not responding to such. Hit the alert button!

Let's be kind to each other, and remember that we are all after the same end game. Finding Lauren.

If your post has "disappeared", or disappears in the near future, it is because we are reviewing all posts and removing those deemed inappropriate for this board.

~Summer_Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member