IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had that strange Vbulletin pop up for me saying that my post is awaiting approval.. As well as a strange one that says something about a "token"?? IDK.. The times it's happened I just refreshed the page and all was back to normal and post indeed went thru and was posted..

I always figured it was just some type glitch in the system.:idk??

I could swear that ZO was previously mentioned as the puncher somewhere in MSM. Although at this point forums and MSM are mixed in my mind. Does anyone have a link handy? I really think more discussion of ZO is warranted.

Sorry for the confusion! I thought ZO had been mentioned in MSM. It's another person (who resembles mystery dark-skinned man spotted with LS) who hasn't been named. He was named in an earlier post, which was removed by mod for violating rules. That's why my earlier post didn't show up.
There were pics of the unnamed man and (separate) pic of ZO in h.s. newspaper.

Edited to clarify: this morning someone posted the name of a man who happens to resemble mystery man, possibly from Facebook or a forum? That post violated WS rules.

I think JR is from West Bloomfield, MI, which is outside Detroit.

I believe I heard that dumpster collection was put on hold Saturday a.m. to be searched.

HOWEVER, surely some local dumpsters were emptied on Friday a.m. I keep thinking she could have been in a duffle bag and buried in a landfill before the missing persons report was filed.

No word AT ALL whether this landfills holding Friday garbage were searched or if there's video evidence from landfills that could rule out the above possibility. If the question has been asked, I haven't heard it.

This is something that irritates me greatly about this case.

Irritates me as well. Considering they are looking in all this nice nature places like lakes, etc, but could the body be actually in a landfill?

Irritates me as well. Considering they are looking in all this nice nature places like lakes, etc, but could the body be actually in a landfill?

I mentioned this awhile back. Why is it that no one has heard if LE has looked into the empting of the garbage bins in the area's in question? To me, that would have been important to do, unless those were checked before they were dumped.

Not trying to be rude here at all, but with the FBI and Equusearch now involved isn't it a bit naive to think LE hasn't followed up on this already? I mean, BPD probably has this as standard operating procedure. I can not imagine Equusearch doesn't follow up on this type of thing either.

And also, someone who lived in Smallwood Apartments could have come across Lauren in the wee hours of the night attempting to get in and could have let her in themselves. I'm just a little worried about normal things not being done, like searching every apartment in that building.

LE also reviewed cam data from Salzmann's office directly across the street on the Northeast side of 10th and College. Here's a pic of the camera there - 602 North College Avenue bloomington - Google Maps. It faces College, but it's unclear how much of the East sidewalk it captures, let alone the street or West sidewalk.

There is another, smaller security camera that on the edge of the building which *does* point at the west side of the street. I saw it in person the other night. As you pointed out, the larger camera definitely wouldn't capture the west sidewalk. The smaller one looks like it would, and it even seems to be pointed on an angle north.

Not trying to be rude here at all, but with the FBI and Equusearch now involved isn't it a bit naive to think LE hasn't followed up on this already? I mean, BPD probably has this as standard operating procedure. I can not imagine Equusearch doesn't follow up on this type of thing either.

Well, I'm not the person whom you addressed but no, it's not at all naive to wonder if this has been done. Sorry.

And also, someone who lived in Smallwood Apartments could have come across Lauren in the wee hours of the night attempting to get in and could have let her in themselves. I'm just a little worried about normal things not being done, like searching every apartment in that building.

I agree. But I don't think it would be possible for Lauren to get back into Smallwood, with or without assistance, without being recorded by surveillance cameras.

Well, I'm not the person whom you addressed but no, it's not at all naive to wonder if this has been done. Sorry.

Again, not trying to be rude here, but why not? How can LE have possibly not thought of this?

I agree. But I don't think it would be possible for Lauren to get back into Smallwood, with or without assistance, without being recorded by surveillance cameras.

Which is why I was inquiring about the rear garage entrance off Morton St and the fact that is where the garbage bins are for the building and also even though it's gated off, a walk thru is there for those who wish to enter the buiding that way. I had asked about the cameras there, where are the pointed etc.

Which is why I was inquiring about the rear garage entrance off Morton St and the fact that is where the garbage bins are for the building and also even though it's gated off, a walk thru is there for those who wish to enter the buiding that way. I had asked about the cameras there, where are the pointed etc.

Sorry I missed your first post!

Check out this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjUk4tygR4A#t=2m33s

If you pause 2 seconds in from where I marked it, you'll see one of the cameras on College between 11th and 10th, I believe the one in the middle of the block. It appears to be pointing South, and it certainly looks like it would capture someone walking through the arcade, but not necessarily someone walking on the sidewalk to the left. Nor does it look like it would capture someone sitting on the steps at the end of the street, which I believe are (below and) out of view. If the camera at the end of the block, at 10th, points in the other direction, it again captures the arcade, but not the steps. So I'd guess that someone who walks along the sidewalk to the end of the street, turns the corner (onto 10th), and sits on the steps, might not be captured by either camera.

Yes, the 2 cameras on either end of the arcade have specific focus on the 2 entrances to the building and you would not be able to see the steps or the sidewalk.

I agree that it's bothersome to think about these seemingly SOPs looking as tho they may not have even been done.. But as for someone at Smallwood letting her in, it can be marked off as a possibility according to LE the cams show clearly that Lauren never returned to the Smallwood property at anytime after having been seen leaving on the cams at 2:40am.. So I don't think itd be necessary to search Smallwood.. But as for 5 North IMO it definitely should be searched apt to apt to storage areas and offices.. The entire property of 5 North should be searched as well as dogs brought into see if there is any indication of human remains ever having been anywhere on the property(including it's dumpsters)..

Also with regards to TES I don't believe they would necessarily have this property or any dumpsters on their list of areas to search.. Someone can easily correct me if I'm wrong but TES is not usually brought into search such SOP type places such as residences and dumpsters but rather they search the areas not soneasily accessible on foot, bodies of water, and large areas of fields and wooded areas.. I've never heard of TES searching any type places such as dumpsters and residences in any case where I have seen their involvement..just isn't their area of expertise, so to say that we should assume TES searched these specific areas in question IMO would not be an accurate assumption.. Jmo

Again, not trying to be rude here, but why not? How can LE have possibly not thought of this?

I suppose because I wonder in the first 48 hours of Lauren being missing that LE was at the place where they are now, wondering if this could possibly be a walk away or an abduction or a terrible accident. In that first 48 would they be thinking about checking those garbage bins in the area, and which ones has been emtied.

So it looks like at least one dog has been used to search right in Bloomington.

The 20-year-old was last seen June third, around 4:30 a.m. Friday morning, walking barefoot near the intersection of College Avenue and 11th Street in Bloomington, on the way to her apartment building located on 8th...

Police officers have searched the area several times including a search with a police K-9, and spoken with businesses, workers, and residents in the area. Saturday police distributed a flyer with Lauren's picture. Police believe she is a victim of foul play.
http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/gallery/Search-Continues-for-IU-Student-123189648.html

It seems really, really bizarre to me that in such a high profile case with tons of searchers no one would think to search the dumpsters. But...maybe that slipped by? Is it normal procedure to look in the dumpsters in cases like these?

Also, someone a few posts back mentioned heroin. I highly doubt that's what they were using. Heroin is HIGHLY addictive and you can usually tell a Heron Junkie from a distance.....this drug completely alters one's appearance in a very short amount of time b/c the person becomes addicted very very quickly. They will do almost anything to get their "fix". Their faces might be broken out, very skinny (almost emaciated). Unless this was their (all of them) first or second time to ever use it, it's just nearly impossible to be caught up in heroin and making 92's on papers!

I understand that LSD is REALLY big on campuses now, as are mushrooms and other psychedelic mind-altering drugs. Bath salts and herbs (such as Salvia) are also quite common. Youtube Salvia and watch how kids react on that - scary.

There's a bunch of heroin in Bloomington right now, actually.

After being out of town for seven months, I came back to Bton on the evening of June 3rd (strangely). On the 4th, I hung out with a friend who said three people she knows have gotten addicted just recently, and that there is a dealer in town.

I didn't know much about LS yet at the time - I'd seen two posters up, but didn't know the story, so I didn't think much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJ1690