IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) why doesn't LE elaborate what they meant by "Activity" on that alley cam?
I can't see how it benefits to keep it secret.
2) WHO hit CR and WHY?
3) why are some POI's public and yet others anonymous?

Maybe the "activity" is not relevant to anything LE needs help from the public with, if they know who is on the video and know what is happening on it.

It is a plus in this search that the girl who was found deceased trapped in the duct vent was found that way this week. LE in alot of missing persons cases will now look in odd spots that may not have crossed their minds before.

We had a case near us recently where the victim was in the basement of the perp the whole time. People were in and out of their house, reporters, police, friends, etc.

Maybe the "activity" is not relevant to anything LE needs help from the public with, if they know who is on the video and know what is happening on it.

I'm thinking it could be somewhat relevant, and that's why the police haven't given anymore information regarding it.

I was raised to take responsibility for your actions and your actions alone. I would turn him in. Without hesitation, but my sone would not put himself in that situation.

And this is the problem. Very very few parents ever imagine that their son or daughter could be guilty. I think emotional and psychological denial is vastly underestimated. And I think it is the reason that some parents defend their children even when presented clear and unambiguous evidence against them.
123F I dodn't mean to say anything one way or another about you or your son, I just wanted to use your words as an example. If you feel this way about the character of your child (and most parents do) AND he ends up guilty, then it would be extremely difficult for you to reconcile that with the person you "knew" would never do this.

What if MB and JR both got the times wrong by an hour?
If HT were gathering intel the next day...it seems feasible that they had to guestimate what time LS was at 5 North.
If the first one she talked to got the time wrong then the second would follow suit with HT's guidance.

So,,let's say Lauren left 5 North at 3:30 and was actually fallen down intoxicated.
This makes the 3:38 sighting much more likely to be the key.
So our mystery man is most likely the one we really need to find out more about.

JR is simply worried about the fact that he let her leave in that kind of condition and/or contributed to her condition.

Opinions?

Seems strange that JR would be off by an hour when saying that LS called DR at 4:15 when a call was placed to DR at 4:15 from JR's phone. So, in this case IF LS left a full hour earlier, then JR isn't mistaken by 1 hr, he would be LYING about 4:15 to 4:30, and then you would have to ask WHY?

Recently, I really haven't gotten the sense from LE that they feel the public can help them any longer, so there is no need to give us information either. jmho.

I'm thinking it could be somewhat relevant, and that's why the police haven't given anymore information regarding it.

Could be that the activity would be embarassing to lauren and her family, and isn't worth enough to release publicly.

Relevant to what they need help from the public about, is what I said. It could be very relevant to what ultimately happened.

And this is the problem. Very very few parents ever imagine that their son or daughter could be guilty. I think emotional and psychological denial is vastly underestimated. And I think it is the reason that some parents defend their children even when presented clear and unambiguous evidence against them.
123F I dodn't mean to say anything one way or another about you or your son, I just wanted to use your words as an example. If you feel this way about the character of your child (and most parents do) AND he ends up guilty, then it would be extremely difficult for you to reconcile that with the person you "knew" would never do this.

I understand and agree, but I can also say that if the LE told me that my son was a POI and told me that he was the last person to see LS alive, I would certainly have some doubts of my son. Perhaps it is because I was raised by a strict father whose profession was a Juvenile Probation Officer. Most of his "kids" fit the description of over privileged rich kids who "got off" with probation because their parents had high priced attornies.

Some researchers say this is a sort of "psychological immune system". Anyway, apparently there are not enough moral compasses to go around in this economy.

I've missed a lot of posts over the last few days, so my apologies if this was answered already. Has there been any mention of POIs or other related people living on 7th Street near Lincoln?

I'm curious as to why local TV reporters were poking around there yesterday afternoon.

For those who are suspecting JR was directly involved in the disappearance, I'm curious as to what your thoughts are on why he would voluntarily admit to seeing LS at all.

If, from the very beginning, he had maintained that he never saw her after she left his place for Sports, do we know anything at all that would contradict that?

If JR or any other of the PsOI feared some unnamed player here, someone they thought could do them real harm, they they very well might be inclined to keep their stories straight, then their mouths shut....

For those who are suspecting JR was directly involved in the disappearance, I'm curious as to what your thoughts are on why he would voluntarily admit to seeing LS at all.

If, from the very beginning, he had maintained that he never saw her after she left his place for Sports, do we know anything at all that would contradict that?

The testimony of CR and MB would contradict that.

ETA: actually just MB.

IMO, if LE felt it was a random abduction, there would be so much more in the way of warnings, added protection in area, talk of buddy system, profile of an abductor. I'm going to age myself big time with this bit of information....I was at Florida State University during the Chi O sorority murders by Ted Bundy. Granted the girls had been murdered, but they didn't have a suspect. I realize LS is missing and it is different, but the tone on campus of fear continued for a very long time. No one felt safe. Do you feel LE's actions show they are worried about the a repeat abduction?

Seems strange that JR would be off by an hour when saying that LS called DR at 4:15 when a call was placed to DR at 4:15 from JR's phone. So, in this case IF LS left a full hour earlier, then JR isn't mistaken by 1 hr, he would be LYING about 4:15 to 4:30, and then you would have to ask WHY?

Maybe his buddy who was visiting him at the time had his watch set to MI time. Aren't they an hour ahead?

I've missed a lot of posts over the last few days, so my apologies if this was answered already. Has there been any mention of POIs or other related people living on 7th Street near Lincoln?

I'm curious as to why local TV reporters were poking around there yesterday afternoon.

I haven't missed much here. That has not come up that I'm aware of. I know there are rather high-end apts on the north side tho.

bolded by me.

where on earth did you get that figure?

there are about 300 million Americans so if the odds are really 1 in 500 million then (although I am not a statistician) you could expect to find one abduction/murder every year and a half in this country. I do not know the precise number per year but it is certainly more than 2 every three years.

There are approximately 115 stranger abductions of children, approximately half of which end in murder, which brings the total down to 57 (which is about 1 in 2 Million since there are around 100 million children under 18) . The number of adults abducted is sad to be far less(could not find exact number), so if you narrow it white, female between 18 and 21, yes it starts to increase the odds more. Then, factor in the very small window of opportunity - I think it's more like 1 in 5 billion, but raised the chance to 1 in 500 million to be conservative. Show me some better math and maybe I'll be convinced of some higher odds, but it's certainly no higher than it is for a child stranger abduction/murder and that still puts is as the least likely statistical option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Withergaming101