IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took this in the gravel area as i thought about her.
It is some kind of phone system. not sure how long its been there.
but it has a number on it to call for assistance.

5899407726_d51cd58043.jpg

I don't recognize that or the buildings in the background.

Perhaps if you email me the raw pic, I can get the gps data off it and pinpoint its location, (assuming you used a cell phone camera).

Err, wait. I went back thru your pics and see one of the buildings in the background. I must assume that call box is new, or at least I didn't see it on the 6/14 when I took my pics.

See the building on the right.
5898845299_199d97165d_z.jpg

I have one more to post for tonight.
And tomorrow ill go back through and see if i have forgotten any
so not to post twice.
But i wanted to say that today was an interesting day.
It was quite there. There was a police presence, and i know they seen me
as i seen them. But they never stopped to ask what i was doing.
In fact no one said anything to me.
But i could tell people were paying attention to strangers.
I got several of those looks. When i got back to the gravel area.
I knew she was taken from there.

But this last photo.
No one can explain.
Because i have no idea how it happened
or what it is, or what i was taking a picture of to capture it.
But i will post it for all to see and wonder.

And Btown thank you so much for telling us what i took pictures of.
That is a Godsend you being able to do that for me.
And i sincerely appreciate your help.
Sorry for keeping you up late if i did.

Keep me updated on any searches.
Maybe i will be able to join next time depending on the day and so forth.

Heres the photo.
Strange as it is.

5898838747_cf0443c4f4_z.jpg

I don't recognize that or the buildings in the background.

Perhaps if you email me the raw pic, I can get the gps data off it and pinpoint its location, (assuming you used a cell phone camera).

No cell phone, just an instant camera from walmart.
But it is posted by the tree there in the gravel area by the street.
As you come out of the alley and turn to the left you see a big tree right there by the road.......its next to it.

You are very very welcome MrTT.
I'm honored to have been of some small help.

My prayers are that she will be found soon.
Perhaps you've just played a part in helping her.

Good work sir!

Yes thank-you for clarifying things for me........that parking you speak of i seen those going up and down the alley......there like side streets but there just parking spaces............And so that is the railing i have heard much about.......I looked for it, and thought it was around the doctors office.............but could not find it............Thanks for the help in telling me what i am looking at........

I bet those keys ending up there, after she made that turn toward the gravel area..........because after today, i would bet my paycheck she was abducted in that area. right after she was spotted on the camera leaving the alley.

Hello MrTT, To support this...

1) there is no evidence she made it any further.
2) The dogs lost her scent there, and if I recall correctly found a lot of her scent there.
3)Her purse w/keys were found there - just outside of camera range.

Why do you feel that CR/MB/JR (and their company) would conspire to say she was with them, and JR up until 4:15 to 4:30? Do you think it is one of these people that took her?

Do you know that AA who initially found the purse and keys and put it on the railing, says he found them at 3:00am? Within 5 to 10 minutes after CR and LS passed through there! I find it amazing that whichever direction AA came from(or even out of a car in the lot) that he just missed them and that he heard and saw nothing (but saw the purse right away).

How would you explain the 3:38 witness account?

Why do you think then that someone at JR's would call DR at 4:15am?

What do you think was the motive?

Thanks

She didn't go home that way......she was abducted in that gravel area not long after leaving the alley........She would have taken the alley back home.
because that was her routine. and after walking it myself.........I have no doubt that is exactly what she would have done........the distance between 8th and 11th may seem far in the photos......but in real life, it is short and does-not take one long at all to walk...

But we have at least 3 witnesses that LS was at 5 North that night.

Did all three of them abduct her?

CR was attacked at Smallwood by members of the frat which both JW and JR belonged to. Perhaps there may have been hostility between CR and the frat in general. Therefore, CR working together with the frat members to commit a crime seems unlikely.

A potential group of witnesses and/or POI's:

Request from property owners a list of all tenants who moved out the week of June 3rd from apartments in a certain radius of the suspected abduction area.

Typically tenants provide forwarding addresses/contact info when moving out to receive sec deposits, forwarded items etc.

It's likely that while IU's academic year ended in early May, there were a number of students, graduating or otherwise, who did not move out of their college apts until that first week of June.

Quite possible students engaged in late night, last minute moving activities (packing, cleaning, etc) might've have noticed something that they didn't realize and still don't realize the significance of--potential witnesses.

Also possible that someone moving out did something awful on their way out of town.

after reviewing this site posted by Bessie earlier: http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/07/03/news.qp-1931501.sto

IMO it all goes back to JR.

some ask why he would put himself being the last person to see Lauren.
1) she told MB thats where she was going (not to mention whoever else saw her)
2) he was!
3) he gets to then point out a direction she was headed to.
4) if it was Lauren that called DR from JR's phone- thats more proof that would come out that she was indeed there at 4:15ish

did we ever establish if JR could in fact see out his window?
i though i remember him saying that is when he last saw Lauren- from his window--
but some of you felt he could not see her walking in the location he said--- from the window?

A big thank you to :+:MrTT:+: and Btown for their excellent teamwork tonight!

:toast: :toast:

:yourock:
For easy reference, I've copied the photos with Btown's comments to the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140294"]Photo Thread[/ame]

I agree that the CR, MB, JR, JW doesn't seem like a group likely to work together out of mutual admiration and respect. And if just 1 of them saw the opportunity to sell out the other 3 to save his own skin, he and his lawyer would likely be down at BPD HQ PDQ, singing like a skylark.

Rather a potential theory:

they all have equal skin in this case, in that if their involvement is fully revealed--while not rising to the level of kidnapping/murder--it is bad enough that selling out the others involves too much risk with little reward.

All 4's involvement similarly does not rise to that level (so cutting a deal with the prosecutors to narc on *(a) murder(s) is out of the question) but makes them equally culpable.

If I'm understanding the relationships correctly, JW (LS's bf at the time) and JR are friends/fraternity brothers? And CR and MB are roommates, and they live(d) a few places down the street from JR?

Sounds like CR was the impetus for LS going out that night.

CR and LS head out to to Kilroy's at the fashionably late hour of a quarter to 2 am? Only to leave a half hour or so later and consider returning to LS's Smallwoods apt.
They nix that plan, walk over to CR's place which he shares with the still wide awake MB (writing two papers at once, dawg!).

1.5 hours later, approx 4:30 AM, JR--a sorta neighbor but not a friend and possibly hostile to CR--reports the last known sighting of LS, at a corner near his place.

So...what happened in the intervening hour and a half, btw LS and CR arriving at CR and MB's place and JR's reported last seeing LS?

If you run with the theory that LS and CR were indulging in/seeking out some sort of illicit fun, then perhaps that's why they aborted returning to LS's place and instead went to CR and MB's place.

They arrive at CR and MB's and MB's paper writing activity has consumed much of their party stash. Maybe they had some left and partied a bit, but at some point, the well ran dry and they/she wanted/needed to re-up.

Couple of different directions it can go at this point but both rely on JR being the go to guy in this situation, whether for LS alone due to JW or whether JR's is and has been CR's connect and thus JR/friends beating CR and JR being banned from Smallwoods.

Regardless, let's say LS ends up going to JR's by herself to score some more. What happens then?

If JR's holding, good question.

If JR himself, as is often the case in these situations, is simply a go-between for the actual suppliers and his friends/neighbors as clients, JR contacts his guy and he and LS wait around for the dealer to deliver.

Or JR is unable to get anyone to deliver and so LS decides to call it a night?

or JR does get someone to deliver and then LS takes her share and tries to walk home but something happens, someone (maybe the dealer?) snatches her?

In any case, JR is obviously crucial in this case. I'd try to find out what involvement and with whom he had with the local narcotics trade and go from there.

Could well be a non-starter but it is a theory that could be worked and either validated or eliminated.

I definitely suggest that everyone read this analysis. It is very specific. Maybe it should be forwarded to LE.

http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/

I've sent an email to the astrologer who did this analysis (she did one for a missing person i reuested a short time ago,Jodi Huisentruit) and asked her if she could do the charts for earlier that morning; she begins the charts at "last seen" i.e. JR's account of 4:30..I think most of us would agree we would want to see what influences were shaping and swirling around her starting around the last time she was seen on cam...

She didn't go home that way......she was abducted in that gravel area not long after leaving the alley........She would have taken the alley back home.
because that was her routine. and after walking it myself.........I have no doubt that is exactly what she would have done........the distance between 8th and 11th may seem far in the photos......but in real life, it is short and does-not take one long at all to walk...

These pictures are great.

I wonder how that gravel felt on her bare feet? Must have been very difficult to walk on. I wonder if that is what threw off her routine. Things may have been ok until she realized there was no way she was making it across that gravel lot with no shoes - or at least not very quickly or steadily.

These pictures are great.

I wonder how that gravel felt on her bare feet? Must have been very difficult to walk on. I wonder if that is what threw off her routine. Things may have been ok until she realized there was no way she was making it across that gravel lot with no shoes - or at least not very quickly or steadily.

An excellent point. There is no way i could walk on that gravel barefoot and my feet arent very sensitive...I would definitely avoid it, even moderately intoxicated...Of course,If she were VERY intoxicated it might not have even been an issue as she might not have felt it much...but then i would think she might have more of a chance of stumbling.

Sorry i didnt mean to quote myself, but the previous post...

An excellent point. There is no way i could walk on that gravel barefoot and my feet arent very sensitive...I would definitely avoid it, even moderately intoxicated...Of course,If she were VERY intoxicated it might not have even been an issue as she might not have felt it much...but then i would think she might have more of a chance of stumbling.

What if, though, somewhere along the way someone lent her flip flops or something...Who? Well, what if JR's visitor is female(a vague reason she hasnt been mentioned, perhaps? None of the known POsI are female). Maybe she, or her family is prominent in some way and her(his) name is being kept out of this.

Or maybe the person visiting JR was bringing a stash from outta town...

all just speculation

I dont know what this one is.
I want to say looking west from 11 and college showing where she was supposed to have been walking to get to the corner of college and 11th.

5898841053_67ebf7969b_z.jpg

I believe this is facing due north from 10 st at the alley. That is the back of 5 North Townhomes -- if I'm not mistaken.

Has anyone heard anything more on this? The short story said the body is badly decomposed. How close is this?

Indianapolis -- about a 50 minute drive. It IS a woman -- race not known. Seems like a local situation IMO. Once you get out of Bloomington there is such great expanse -- really can't see going to an urban area to dump a body. Then again who knows where it was actually dumped and how it traveled.

Indianapolis -- about a 50 minute drive. It IS a woman -- race not known. Seems like a local situation IMO. Once you get out of Bloomington there is such great expanse -- really can't see going to an urban area to dump a body. Then again who knows where it was actually dumped and how it traveled.

It does not seem likely that it is LS. In fact, almost certainly it is not her. The news refer to body so badly decomposed that they could not even figure the race. If it were LS, at this time point they would at least know it was a caucasian woman.

You know, I have a real problem with someone saying that one of the POI's that we have been discussing and his friend are construction workers, then that someone runs off when asked a point blank question. Sorry, that just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

You are accusing me of running off? Because I happened to have gone off line and didn't immediately answer your question?

I am not going to give initials. And it is not CR.

Just out of curiosity is there a reason you guys feel it's "most likely" not her (jjenny you are not the only one to have made that assertion) besides statistics?

ie is it because of the severity of the decomposition, the distance? Or just because technically speaking chances are it's not?

LS has long blonde hair, so they should have been at least able to figure out the race if it were her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua