IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
JW is in a fraternity. JR, MB and CR are NOT in that fraternity. I know that LS had only met JR/MB a couple of weeks previously at the Indy 500, but I'm under the impression that she had known JR longer. JW and JR are not friends on facebook, but they have lots of mutual friends, making me believe that they at least knew who each other were.

Also, just being blunt here...cocaine is used more often in this town than any authority figures or parents realize. People assume it's just pot and alcohol. If I were so drunk that I left my phone and shoes at a bar at 2:30am I would not still be standing at 4:30am unless I had snorted some coke.

Since she has a heart condition, accidental death is quite possible, with person or persons around her at the time deciding to cover it up, afraid they would get in trouble, IMO.

[Mike B's attorney] Chapman said that on the night of Spierer’s disappearance, she and Beth “visited for a while.” He described the two as friends.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/12/news.qp-8740616.sto

Looks as if they did know each other. LS didn't simply drop CR off because she was concerned about his injury. LS knew these guys and was comfortable with them---no matter what her girlfriends and other circle thought. That's why KT had seen LS passing by before. Even if just 2 or so weeks before, they became fast friends.

Wouldn't she have called first?

Smallwood has an intercom system where you can dial the apartment number and they can see your face on a screen in their apartment then give you access to the elevator and then let you in the apartment.

[Mike B's attorney] Chapman said that on the night of Spierer’s disappearance, she and Beth “visited for a while.” He described the two as friends.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/12/news.qp-8740616.sto

Looks as if they did know each other. LS didn't simply drop CR off because she was concerned about his injury. LS knew these guys and was comfortable with them---no matter what her girlfriends and other circle thought. That's why KT had seen LS passing by before.

If they were friends, it would appear not for long time, as she only met CR about couple of weeks ago. I presume she would have met MB at the same time or after she met CR. I presume these teenagers/twenty something can refer to each other as friends even if they only met once or twice.

If they were friends, it would appear not for long time, as she only met CR about couple of weeks ago. I presume she would have met MB at the same time or after she met CR. I presume these teenagers/twenty something can refer to each other as friends even if they only met once or twice.

She became fast friends with them. Other group of friends probably did not or would not approve, so she was hush about CR and MB.

She became fast friends with them. Other group of friends probably did not or would not approve, so she was hush about CR and MB.

Her roommate and I believe another friend were quoted in the media of how devoted JW is to her. So I guess it would not be surprising if she were not telling her friends she started to hang out with another man.

Whether or not CRs memory loss was due to his receiving some punches to the head(which incidentally blows to the head would not be easily seen if those blows hit any region of the head that is covered by this guys head full of hair).. Or whether the loss of memory was due to his level of intoxication(quite possibly paired with any number of drugs)..

It seems that this Paul Malone's latest statement does corroborate Corey's loss of memory regardless of the reasons for memory loss.. By his stating that at some point later(as in at some point after he was tucked in bed and LS had atleast left he and MB's apt) he was outside the complex asking Malone had he seen a little blond girl..

From the wording Malone uses there appears to be other guys with Malone when Corey speaks to them(I.e Corey saying "Hey guys" emphasis on plural as in more than one guy he is speaking to).. I would like to hear this from whomever else was with Malone that morning.. And definitely would like a better time put on when this event took place..

I must say it is quite irritating and upsetting to say the least that the integrity of these media sources is obviously none existent.. With the outlandish typos and errors throughout this article it's a shame someone actually hit the submit button that released the article to the world.. Aarghh!

LS went missing early hours of June 3rd. If CR was asking people on June 4th that's a whole day later, by that time the news of her missing would have spread. If it was June 3rd, that's a whole another story. But that articles claims it was on Feb 4th, which is completely ridiculous. It can't even get the month straight.

just a reference from my experience with suffering a blow to the head and experiencing memory loss;

i was playing flag football in a field across the street from where i worked, a several minute walk from the door of my building to the actual spot where we played (big field hehe).

the game got pretty heated and i ended up taking a good shot to the head, it was an open handed slap and forearm to the side of my head right between my ear and temple.

my first recollection after that is being on the bus home about ten minutes later...

i dont remember getting hit, i dont remember throwing several punches at the person that hit me, or things being broken up, or walking back to where i worked with a good friend of mine, i dont remember getting a coke and putting ice on my head, or leaving and locking up the building. and i dont remember talking with my friend on the way to the bus stop or getting on the bus.

when i "came to" i felt fine, just a little headache. and i wasnt sick later that day or the next morning. and i had not had a drop to drink.

so from my experience if the person in question was drunk, and did go home and get into bed, they certainly could wake up with no memory after suffering the blow to the head and yet not feel like they needed to go to the hospital or show signs of having been in a fight.

this doesnt rule anything in or out, just my experience. for example - a person could have this happen to them and go home and get into bed, but then get up shortly after that and do all sorts of things and not remember any of it.

I am still surprised he didn't go to the doctor if he claims a punch to the head caused his memory loss. Concussion could be quite serious. Going to the doctor to at least make sure nothing is wrong seems like a prudent thing to do. And since he is a POI in a criminal case any evidence of concussion obtained from a visit to a doctor would be most helpful, I would think.

Smallwood has an intercom system where you can dial the apartment number and they can see your face on a screen in their apartment then give you access to the elevator and then let you in the apartment.

Thank you, I was curious about this. My thoughts about her taking College to get home instead of the alley she went to CR's from is that she knew she had lost her keys, so she would possibly need to go to the main entrance, if there were other ways in but only with a key? Are there various entrances? Is the main entrance the only way to get in with the intercom?

Re Mike B: So, was Mike B finished with both 92% papers when LS arrived with his roommate, or did he get back to work on them after he and LS visited? When did MB tuck the memory-loss CR into bed? Right away? How does MB know that JR was the last to see LS? Did JR come over and leave with LS? Or did LS say she was heading down the hall to visit JR? What condition was LS in? Does MB know of any drug use by CR, by LS, by JR (tip-toe, tip-toe)?

Thank you, I was curious about this. My thoughts about her taking College to get home instead of the alley she went to CR's from is that she knew she had lost her keys, so she would possibly need to go to the main entrance, if there were other ways in but only with a key? Are there various entrances? Is the main entrance the only way to get in with the intercom?

Yeah, the only intercom is in the lobby of the main entrance. The main entrance faces College. There are other entrances through the apartment complex parking garage, but you need a swipe card to get into the elevators. If she were to take the alley she would most likely enter/exit out of the garage.

Yeah, the only intercom is in the lobby of the main entrance. The main entrance faces College. There are other entrances through the apartment complex parking garage, but you need a swipe card to get into the elevators. If she were to take the alley she would most likely enter/exit out of the garage.

How common is it for female students to walk alone during the night?

Unfortunately it's fairly common. I have walked alone before (I've actually made the same walk that LS allegedly tried to make from 5 North Townhomes to Smallwood alone), but I walk with someone else more often than not. Thinking back, over the past year I've probably walked home alone 5-8 times. This is probably the case for the average female in Bloomington. I will say though that 3:00-3:30 is the latest that I usually am out walking with or without people, and that's at the latest. Most people call it a night between 2:00 and 3:00.

It's funny that not a single person, even her friends, have said that she would never have walked alone at 4am...so I am assuming ,pretty common?

Unfortunately it's fairly common. I have walked alone before (I've actually made the same walk that LS allegedly tried to make from 5 North Townhomes to Smallwood alone), but I walk with someone else more often than not. Thinking back, over the past year I've probably walked home alone 5-8 times. This is probably the case for the average female in Bloomington. I will say though that 3:00-3:30 is the latest that I usually am out walking with or without people, and that's at the latest. Most people call it a night between 2:00 and 3:00.

Have you ever happened upon any unsavory appearing characters during these walks?

I too live in Bloomington. Just to correct any mistaken impressions the area in Bloomington we are talking about is one of the most CROWDED places in the city. It is directly in the downtown area. Granted it WAS 3-5am when most of the events took place but this is NOT a secluded area by any stretch of the imagination. College and Walnut streets are lined with businesses, hotels, restaurants, apartments, etc.

I can't see the walk from 11th and Morton to Smallwood lasting more than 3-5 minutes even for an intoxicated person. And College Avenue is VERY well lit. Therefore I just can't see some stranger drive along and "snatch" up LS. I'm NOT saying it is impossible, just unlikely.

I would say it isn't that common to see young women walking alone in Bloomington at this time of night UNLESS presumably they are walking a very short distance in a well-traveled area like LS. If I were walking home that late at night I would definitely take College Avenue back to my home rather than an "alley". As I said, it is a well lit heavily traveled street.

The person who goes by the moniker "Bloomington"--do you know what fraternity the boyfriend was a member of? He could easily clear himself if his fellow frat brothers could prove he was staying at the frat house that evening. I have to say though at this point the boyfriend would be my #1 suspect (I don't care how "nice" he appears to be to some). He definitely had the motive. We don't know yet whether he had the opportunity.

Maybe since she left her phone and shoes at the bar, she was planning on coming right back. Could she have left with someone to go check on somebody else or to retrieve something and had every intention of coming right back? Was she coaxed away from the bar under false pretenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637