IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if LE reviewed all possible surveillance films that may have captured the named POIs vehicles starting at 3amish until a week or so after LS was reported missing? Such as any cameras positioned in Smallwood parking garages, 5North appts, on Walnut, Morton, etc.? any comings and goings? of the POIs?

Good question, they needed to check video for 24 hours in case they waited.
Dogs only checked Corey's car by the way.

Dogs only checked Corey's car by the way.

Why was only CR's car searched?

One thing that has never been clear - Did JR have access to a car that night? There was a rumor that he did not have his car, but I don't know if it was ever confirmed. If true, where was it? What about his roommates? They were out of town, but that doesn't mean their cars were.

I believe Beau, the Spierer's detective is now saying Lauren knocked on Corey's door on her way to Sports. Yet, she had not used her cell for more than an hour by that time and this makes one wonder if someone at the Smallwood party got a hold of her phone and brought it to the bar later on.

I believe that someone said (maybe JR) that LS was calling DR to find her phone, so if that's true, it makes sense that maybe she gave it to him to carry when they left Smallwood initially to go to 5N together. This would make the above theory possible...that maybe she forgot and went to Sports without it and someone brought it later. This would help explain the non-use.

Someone mentioned that she was wearing leggings so didn't have any pockets.

I believe Beau, the Spierer's detective is now saying Lauren knocked on Corey's door on her way to Sports. Yet, she had not used her cell for more than an hour by that time and this makes one wonder if someone at the Smallwood party got a hold of her phone and brought it to the bar later on.
So, maybe Lauren was sharp enough to realize when and where she really did lose her cellphone and the 2nd call at the end was indeed to the right guy.
Wonder who that is?

I thought Lauren and CR went to his apartment together after being at JR's.

I would love to think she was sharp enough at 4:15 but it doesn't make sense that she wouldn't have tried to find it earlier in the evening when she was sharper, if in fact she did not have it then.

Does the comment about LS' last cell phone use suggest it was off or just that she didn't text/call from it after that point? It seems to be that more kids text than call nowadays. If her phone wasn't off, she could have been checking her texts but not answering them, but that's weird since she was supposed to meet JW later.

I'm not sure if that supports CR turning off her phone or not. I see kids check their phones continually for texts. If she'd done that, she'd have known it was off, if that was the case. OTOH, maybe things were happening fast at that point ... or she gave CR her phone to hold, and he's the one who left it at Sports.

Good point. I still call more than text, and I don't do either all that much, so I'm not a good judge of usage. She may have ignored JW's texts if she was having a good time and didn't want to meet up with him.

Good point. I still call more than text, and I don't do either all that much, so I'm not a good judge of usage. She may have ignored JW's texts if she was having a good time and didn't want to meet up with him.

There may have been some "college drama" going on. LS may have decided to ignore JW, as you note. Or maybe she was getting flack from someone about partying or being with CR and wanted to ignore that. I personally think kids text too much—it's like they're carrying on conversations during conversations. But it would have most likely helped LS that night ...

Respectfully, I highly doubt that hardcore drug dealers would be hanging around a small college student house party trying to recruit potential buyers. My guess is that they would try to maintain as much distance as possible from scenes like this, and definitely vice versa.

So you are familiar with JR's scene and how his lifestyle was and who was involved in his penthouse comings and goings? If so Please elaborate.
If this idea is off the mark, I want a clearer picture of the reality of gatherings at JR's and what sort of people were there. I did not have the impression that it was all goofballs like CR.

I've crossed such social situations and positively seen people trying to increase their business in more ways than one. If you are privy to current techniques, would like to hear about at too. If you have a lucrative market with affluent clients... if you aren't expanding business here then where?

Who said she was supposed to meet JW later? JW? HT?
What if she wasn't? Would that change things or perspectives?

Could Zo or HT be framing CR for her disappearance?

Was it ever discovered who/why JR's friend came to visit, left after a short visit, very early in the morning? Was he ever questioned? What did he drive?

Who said she was supposed to meet JW later? JW? HT?
What if she wasn't? Would that change things or perspectives?

Could Zo or HT be framing CR for her disappearance?

Was it ever discovered who/why JR's friend came to visit, left after a short visit, very early in the morning? Was he ever questioned? What did he drive?

As far I know, HT was the first to say this.

IMO no, it doesn't change things much because I still believe at some point in the night JW received word of her activities with CR. And, I still believe he would leave his house and go find her.

CR has done a good job of framing himself with his actions that night.

Why was only CR's car searched?

One thing that has never been clear - Did JR have access to a car that night? There was a rumor that he did not have his car, but I don't know if it was ever confirmed. If true, where was it? What about his roommates? They were out of town, but that doesn't mean their cars were.

Jay's car was in the shop for repairs. I'm sure some of the others who were over had cars. But, their names are only known to the police and BPD is not telling the public their names or when these people left his party.

I did not have the impression that it was all goofballs like CR.

What gives you that impression?

I've crossed such social situations and positively seen people trying to increase their business in more ways than one. If you are privy to current techniques, would like to hear about at too. If you have a lucrative market with affluent clients... if you aren't expanding business here then where?

I've actually been pretty open about how this works, in previous posts. In my experience of this kind of scene, dds will not go anywhere near college parties. They do not make door to door deliveries, let alone hang out with their customers. Someone has to go meet them, or drive around the block to make the exchange. Also, I'm not the authority on these things, but it seems like common sense to me that they want to increase quantity of sales, but not necessarily clients. By minimizing the amount of people they are willing to do business with directly, people like JR (for example) may become a connection (through a previous connection) for all of their friends and any increased risk falls on them not the dd.

Anyway, my only point was that - as Akh has posted - I think some of the theories about possible dd involvement have taken on a kind of hollywood imagination that to me is far less plausible than certain other scenarios that may have taken place that night.

MOO

I thought Lauren and CR went to his apartment together after being at JR's.

I would love to think she was sharp enough at 4:15 but it doesn't make sense that she wouldn't have tried to find it earlier in the evening when she was sharper, if in fact she did not have it then.

The story is always changing. But, the latest version has Lauren knocking on Corey's door asking him to accompany her to Sports when she is leaving Jay's with David. I think she is well aware of Cory's other motive. She wants to be his friend. But she also has to cool him down. Accounts have her telling Corey to cut it out. I suspect she also wanted Mike to go back to Smallwood to play block with someone else. Jesse and HT failed to provide her much protection that night. It's said that Jesse had been hitting the bong that night. He then goes to bed and saws heavy logs. Sounds about right and I'm sure he feels very bad because he and Lauren did care for each other very much and Lauren had no intention to cheat on him. She wanted to party with the boys that night and she thought she could handle the situation. She was pretty and I'm sure she had to cool guys down all the time. Always before, she was in control.

The story is always changing. But, the latest version has Lauren knocking on Corey's door asking him to accompany her to Sports when she is leaving Jay's with David. I think she is well aware of Cory's other motive. She wants to be his friend. But she also has to cool him down. Accounts have her telling Corey to cut it out. I suspect she also wanted Mike to go back to Smallwood to play block with someone else. Jesse and HT failed to provide her much protection that night. It's said that Jesse had been hitting the bong that night. He then goes to bed and saws heavy logs. Sounds about right and I'm sure he feels very bad because he and Lauren did care for each other very much and Lauren had no intention to cheat on him. She wanted to party with the boys that night and she thought she could handle the situation. She was pretty and I'm sure she had to cool guys down all the time. Always before, she was in control.

I just don't understand how a group of four boys could let her walk off with CR. Why go to the bother of following them to Smallwood, punch him, then let them walk off? Four boys to two stumbling people. :waitasec:

I just don't understand how a group of four boys could let her walk off with CR. Why go to the bother of following them to Smallwood, punch him, then let them walk off? Four boys to two stumbling people. :waitasec:

It's said that both of these fighting boys were on the Smallwood no trespass list. For them to be up on the 5th floor at 2:45 AM, they had to be guests of the girls to get past security. Usually in a situation like this, the roommate would pull Lauren into the apartment and tell the boys to go home. There is a time when girls must stick together and tell the boys to get lost.

No knight in shining Armour or angels in Lauren's life that night.

It's said that both of these fighting boys were on the Smallwood no trespass list. For them to be up on the 5th floor at 2:45 AM, they had to be guests of the girls to get past security. Usually in a situation like this, the roommate would pull Lauren into the apartment and tell the boys to go home. There is a time when girls must stick together and tell the boys to get lost.

Thank you. It makes me very sad to think of her without anyone having her back, and reminds me of the book which I've never read, "When bad things happen to good people." An admittedly shallow title for a book that probably offers solid, thoughtful insights.

Gosh, I hate to ask this, but I wonder if any of the girls' cars/phones were searched? There's also a time when some girls choose boys over other girls. To some extent, I think we've already seen this in this case. It makes me nervous.

ah, yes, the "arrogant declarations." one bit in that article confirms what i thought -- there probably weren't as many girlfriends of hers (or students in general) around because it was summer. makes you wonder if LS would've ever made it out of smallwood if school were still in session.

What gives you that impression?

I've actually been pretty open about how this works, in previous posts. In my experience of this kind of scene, dds will not go anywhere near college parties. They do not make door to door deliveries, let alone hang out with their customers. Someone has to go meet them, or drive around the block to make the exchange. Also, I'm not the authority on these things, but it seems like common sense to me that they want to increase quantity of sales, but not necessarily clients. By minimizing the amount of people they are willing to do business with directly, people like JR (for example) may become a connection (through a previous connection) for all of their friends and any increased risk falls on them not the dd.

Anyway, my only point was that - as Akh has posted - I think some of the theories about possible dd involvement have taken on a kind of hollywood imagination that to me is far less plausible than certain other scenarios that may have taken place that night.

MOO

Drug dealing works something like multi-level marketing. At the lowest level, the drug dealers are friends of the customers. At this level, they do make door to door deliveries, go to social gatherings with their customers, etc. The midlevel dealers keep a lower profile.

Do we know if LE reviewed all possible surveillance films that may have captured the named POIs vehicles starting at 3amish until a week or so after LS was reported missing? Such as any cameras positioned in Smallwood parking garages, 5North appts, on Walnut, Morton, etc.? any comings and goings? of the POIs?

I agree with monkey222 on checking all video in the 3am time frame. We are assuming that: 1. LS made it to CR's.
2. MB took her to JR's
3. JR saw her leave.
What if none of this happened. From the last time LS is seen on video she may have vanished then. Anything that has been proven after the last time LS is seen on video that makes this theory invalid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gio1tobey