IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

ya know, the idea that someone else had died in the trailer dogs hit in intrigues me. Guy doesn't say "passed away". How did guy die in said trailer? I'm sure it's not uncommon for someone to pass away in a trailer, but...

damned convenient wouldn't you say old chap, what?!

It's almost like there should be a term for it, like, "satellite crime trailers" in which these criminals have a trailer on their property just for clandestine activities. JMW's comes with its own cadaver scent.

Judge wants no more letters from inmate about Messel case

Five letters written in ornate, difficult-to-decipher script by inmate David Hayden already were in the public court file of accused killer Daniel Messel of Bloomington when, at the end of February, the judge placed more recent letters into a sealed file.

One received on Feb. 4 included a copy of a photograph that the judge called “scandalous.” She cited an Indiana trial rule that prohibits certain kinds of evidence as her reason for diverting the letters from the case file.

This is a great time of year to search forested lands in Indiana. I've been spending time in Morgan Monroe and Yellow Wood. They're not yet green so visibility is long and a good pair of binoculars can help to cover lots of ground and hard to reach areas. Temps are still cool enough to keep the snakes and bugs away and the forest seems peaceful with little activity ..at least for now.

Probably not related. But you never know... http://fox59.com/2016/04/10/possible-human-remains-found-in-shelby-county/[/QUO

Maybe not related but......Shelby Cty is right east of Morgan Cty, JMW lives there in Morgan Cty.
I'll have to pull The Map out.

The link said they searched there after a phone call. That's vague. Usually, they say, "A landowner called in, yatatayat, or hunters found it, etc.

Sounds like they sent someone in, who verified a search needs to happen with a phone call.

Total speculation of course!

hey attorneys out there, possibly BTown, when can a sealed filed be opened? Is it sealed from the MSM, IOW?

Yes, the guy seems a kook. But he said he had a photo didn't he?

So, we've got 2 "crazies" (DH,RR)claiming to know about Lauren, both of them criminals.

It's noteworthy that DH implicated Messell before he was a suspect in Hannah's murder.

IMO, JMW told DH about DM, and then DH warned officials right away.

DH will get no support from any prison official or doctor. Doing that would get everyone in trouble! This attitude would carry over to the court . Brown County will fry Messell but
they won't want Monroe County(Bloomington), or any other county, anywhere near the case.

DM says that it is unfair for the media to connect him to LS or Jill B. Anyone with a H-T subscription who can summarize this article? http://m.heraldtimesonline.com/news...f45-68df-53fa-af1d-3168bdcd3218.html?mode=jqm

No paywall here for the same article.

In a letter to Brown Circuit Court Judge Judith Stewart, Messel says claims from an Indiana Department of Correction inmate that Messel trolled the IU campus and sexually assaulted female students while pretending to help them get home safely are lies.

He says he does not know David Hayden, the man who purports to have evidence Messel killed Spierer. The 20-year-old fashion apparel major disappeared about 4 a.m. June 3, 2011, while walking — intoxicated and without her purse or shoes — down College Avenue toward her apartment.

“The lack of fairness in this case was evident the day you in effect denied change of venue,” Messel writes to the judge. “And the unfairness has continued since. I have repeatedly been tied to a case I know nothing about.”

He says Stewart assured him during a court hearing that he would be tried just on the Wilson case, so he is upset that Spierer’s name keeps being mentioned in conjunction with his. “I am tired of just sitting and saying nothing,” he writes. “From the beginning, this case has been linked to another although there is proof of no link.”

No paywall here for the same article.

He says Stewart assured him during a court hearing that he would be tried just on the Wilson case, so he is upset that Spierer’s name keeps being mentioned in conjunction with his. “I am tired of just sitting and saying nothing,” he writes. “From the beginning, this case has been linked to another although there is proof of no link.”

"There is proof of no link" does he mean there is no proof of a link[yet]; or they have proof that there is no link?

Well, it's good to hear he's tired of sitting and saying nothing....................

hey attorneys out there, possibly BTown, when can a sealed filed be opened? Is it sealed from the MSM, IOW?

Yes, the guy seems a kook. But he said he had a photo didn't he?

So, we've got 2 "crazies" (DH,RR)claiming to know about Lauren, both of them criminals.

It's noteworthy that DH implicated Messell before he was a suspect in Hannah's murder.

IMO, JMW told DH about DM, and then DH warned officials right away.

DH will get no support from any prison official or doctor. Doing that would get everyone in trouble! This attitude would carry over to the court . Brown County will fry Messell but
they won't want Monroe County(Bloomington), or any other county, anywhere near the case.

I think we have DH saying that he told his doctors about Messel before HW's murder, but I do not think that's been proven as a fact. Everything DH has "reportedly" written (I'd love to see these letters) could have been learned through watching and reading news reports. I would imagine that DH's doctors would have been questioned by now about what he has told them, and if nothing was corroborated then there is nowhere for prosecutors to go in bringing this information into DM's case. As DM's attorney I would absolutely shut this down asap without any proof. I would love to know what the "scandalous" photo was about? Files or parts of files that are "sealed" by the court means just that, they will remain sealed until and/or unless someone successfully petitions the court to unseal them. It is interesting that the media has stayed pretty quiet about the DH letters, usually you might see them publish copies or excerpts or something.

At the end of the day, I am wondering if there is a pretty extensive conspiracy of silence around DM and his trial? Given DM's recent letter to the judge about LS, it sounds like if DM was connected to LS, he is not trying to use that information as leverage in the HW case. While they added the charge of "habitual offender," prosecutors have not yet said whether they will seek the death penalty for DM's case. But it's interesting that the trial keeps getting quietly postponed. At the same time, all of these other "characters" are popping up regarding LS, who may or may not be connected in some way to DM. If LE thinks that DM has information about, or was directly involved, in LS's disappearance, they may be trying to leverage these stories to get DM to talk. Remember, LE spent a great deal of money on those two property searches. That's not done based on just a phoned-in tip. It's also possible that LE knows DM is involved in LS's disappearance, and they want to be sure everything about his HW trial stays absolutely pristine, so that DM gets put away for life (or the death penalty) if they are unable to prove DM's connection to LS. I hate to think that this could be the only justice that LS's family might see, particularly when her parents would not have closure by knowing what happened to her and where she is. But I can see why LE and the court system are being so deliberately careful and strategic about the details surrounding DM's case and trial, because these precautions will ensure that, at least for HW's case, justice will be served.

The Spierers may get some relief if co-conspirators are found guilty.

"There is proof of no link" does he mean there is no proof of a link[yet]; or they have proof that there is no link?

Well, it's good to hear he's tired of sitting and saying nothing....................

"There is proof of no link" is an interesting turn of phrase since I haven't seen any proof of this....

"There is proof of no link" is an interesting turn of phrase since I haven't seen any proof of this....

yes and the way he won't mention the case by name. I mean he's writing to the judge, you'd think he would be more specific.

I think we have DH saying that he told his doctors about Messel before HW's murder, but I do not think that's been proven as a fact. Everything DH has "reportedly" written (I'd love to see these letters) could have been learned through watching and reading news reports. I would imagine that DH's doctors would have been questioned by now about what he has told them, and if nothing was corroborated then there is nowhere for prosecutors to go in bringing this information into DM's case. As DM's attorney I would absolutely shut this down asap without any proof. I would love to know what the "scandalous" photo was about? Files or parts of files that are "sealed" by the court means just that, they will remain sealed until and/or unless someone successfully petitions the court to unseal them. It is interesting that the media has stayed pretty quiet about the DH letters, usually you might see them publish copies or excerpts or something.

At the end of the day, I am wondering if there is a pretty extensive conspiracy of silence around DM and his trial? Given DM's recent letter to the judge about LS, it sounds like if DM was connected to LS, he is not trying to use that information as leverage in the HW case. While they added the charge of "habitual offender," prosecutors have not yet said whether they will seek the death penalty for DM's case. But it's interesting that the trial keeps getting quietly postponed. At the same time, all of these other "characters" are popping up regarding LS, who may or may not be connected in some way to DM. If LE thinks that DM has information about, or was directly involved, in LS's disappearance, they may be trying to leverage these stories to get DM to talk. Remember, LE spent a great deal of money on those two property searches. That's not done based on just a phoned-in tip. It's also possible that LE knows DM is involved in LS's disappearance, and they want to be sure everything about his HW trial stays absolutely pristine, so that DM gets put away for life (or the death penalty) if they are unable to prove DM's connection to LS. I hate to think that this could be the only justice that LS's family might see, particularly when her parents would not have closure by knowing what happened to her and where she is. But I can see why LE and the court system are being so deliberately careful and strategic about the details surrounding DM's case and trial, because these precautions will ensure that, at least for HW's case, justice will be served.

very good post btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member