IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reported it a few days ago so that's a done deal. Gave all of my contact info as well. Your comments are the exact reason for my hesitation i.e. a random guy has a paranormal vision about a murder victim's location and finds a mysterious marker in said location. Who would believe that!? It may sound like the plot of a book, but that's exactly what transpired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
BBM what hesitation? At the risk of people being mad at me, I just want to add that because I
want to question you further about your posts, there's something wrong with that?

It's like someone knows something--and they tell someone who asks them, "how did you know that?" They reply, "oh, a little birdie told me"

BBM what hesitation? At the risk of people being mad at me, I just want to add that because I
want to question you further about your posts, there's something wrong with that?

It's like someone knows something--and they tell someone who asks them, "how did you know that?" They reply, "oh, a little birdie told me"

I'm not mad at you. Having opinions and freedom to say how you feel is what makes the world go round. I understand why you are skeptical but please know that I am just as skeptical as you. I have NO IDEA why this happened and have been questioning these events since. To answer your question, I have no additional information to provide about my adventures down Browning Bridge Rd. I have ridden down it many times since LS went missing but only received these "feelings" the last 2 times. Heck, 5 years ago I didnt even know about this road as I was living up in Northern Indiana at that time. I went riding, got a feeling, went investigating, and found a pet grave. That's it. This kind of thing is hard for people to wrap their mind around, I get that. And let's keep in mind that unless my tip to BG is proven to be valuable, it's utterly meaningless.

I'm not mad at you. Having opinions and freedom to say how you feel is what makes the world go round. I understand why you are skeptical but please know that I am just as skeptical as you. I have NO IDEA why this happened and have been questioning these events since. To answer your question, I have no additional information to provide about my adventures down Browning Bridge Rd. I have ridden down it many times since LS went missing but only received these "feelings" the last 2 times. Heck, 5 years ago I didnt even know about this road as I was living up in Northern Indiana at that time. I went riding, got a feeling, went investigating, and found a pet grave. That's it. This kind of thing is hard for people to wrap their mind around, I get that. And let's keep in mind that unless my tip to BG is proven to be valuable, it's utterly meaningless.

guess I was just hoping if I leaned on you a bit you might have more info, sorry.

guess I was just hoping if I leaned on you a bit you might have more info, sorry.

IMO, we all just want to help bring Lauren home. I get that we probably really shouldn't discuss the paranormal, but I'm curious as to whether the trigger for Ryan might have been "bridge" or something versus the actual area. Does IN have a lot of bridges that lead to remote areas? I think the theory that she was put into a car in a parking garage (mentioned upstream) makes a decent amount of sense. That could have happened, but the randomness of what could have happened next is mind boggling.

I've always been interested in either Martinsville or a construction zone. But I have nothing to back those up, either. In terms of Martinsville, I find it interesting that Bradford Woods is associated with IU, and that one of the POIs could have known of it via his major. But apart from that and the alleged fire in Martinsville, there's nothing. I don't suppose Martinsville is anywhere near Ryan's bridge? Forgive me for asking, but I have zero directional sense.

Edited to add link:

https://www.bradwoods.org

Browning Bridge Rd is SE of Bloomington and Bradford Woods is NW. They are not close at all.

Browning Bridge Rd is SE of Bloomington and Bradford Woods is NW. They are not close at all.

Also ImKeylime, Bradford Woods is woods, true, but thousands of kids go there every year,
it's like a rite of passage in Indiana for 5th-6th graders. Not that easy for something to stay hidden.
But I had that same thought about a bridge being his catalyst and yes, lots of bridges working and not working around here.

There are are several wild areas closer to Bton than Bradford Woods, e.g. Yellowwood, Deam Wilderness, etc. But those areas get used by people hunting mushrooms and game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are are several wild areas closer to Bton than Bradford Woods, e.g. Yellowwood, Deam Wilderness, etc. But those areas get used by people hunting mushrooms and game.

DM had a site for mushroom hunting on his fb page or was it JMW? I remember we discussed whether or not they would have brushed shoulders around Needmore area.

I worked at the Story Inn at the edge of Hoosier Natl Forest and alot of those people glean around there. Everyone down there knows everyone else's business but knows better to talk to "outsiders". all the way back to revenuer times.

as suspects, and I'm inclined to think they are (well DM FOR SURE), JMW and DM are perfect
suspects able to hide a body.

with his excavation skills, JMW could dig a very deep wide hole and then cover it up with brush and let time take its toll. By now, any excavated spot would be blending in perfectly.

People disparage the BPD and all, but IMO they need a confession from someone to find Lauren. Anywheres between someone who just knows something but hasn't told, to someone who participated.

IMO, it won't be that long until someone else in this wide Brown County/Lake Lemon
territory on our maps gets busted for something they're gonna need to give beau coupe
info to LE to get out of.

When that happens, and it will, the whole web of connections will shake down there. When someone or their close kin is faced with hard jail time, they will talk. And, [un]fortunately, the
mathmatical probability of someone down there committing a crime worthy of this is in our favor.

rambling speculation

also wanted to add to everyone not from around here, Bloomington is surrounded by forests, land preserves, wilds, so it gets confusing. We talk about Brown County, but iirc, DM was on the edge of Brown County he may have been coming from more like Morgan Cty[JMW area] to the NE, Lake Lemon area (Yellow Wood Forest) is NE of Bloomington yet curls around and starts SE into Brown County (Hoosier Natl Forest) Just for a compass I am going to repost our map by YeahBabs.

DM had a site for mushroom hunting on his fb page or was it JMW? I remember we discussed whether or not they would have brushed shoulders around Needmore area.

it was definitely JMW.

But anyway I completely agree that we cannot forget about these two losers. I still cannot shake the feeling that LS's friends were involved (at least/especially JR), BUT....two huge questions in my mind right now are:

1) Why the raid at JMW's places? There has to be SOMETHING very relevant about him of which we have not been made aware. And

2) What legal leg does DM have to stand on in the HW trial that is causing him to, seemingly, be preparing some huge defense?

It just keeps nagging at me that during the JMW raid the MSM was reporting that JMW was suspected to have been involved in LS and 2 or 3 other missing women cases. Even at that time, when I was thinking that a guy like DM (leaving his cell at the scene, etc.) couldn't have had anything to do with LS, I felt like there was an implied connection to HW.

also wanted to add to everyone not from around here, Bloomington is surrounded by forests, land preserves, wilds, so it gets confusing..

This isn't even doing the weirdness of BTown justice. You all know much more about the rural areas surrounding the campus better than I do, but for anther example:

During my 2nd year at IU I lived in a very strange house at 2nd & Washington. It was maybe at one time divided into a couple of apartments, but walls were torn down and it was made into one house. I lived there with 2 other girls. One of them and I each had normal bedrooms, but the third was this tiny room. The rest of the house (except for this third "bedroom") had hardwood floors, but this room had carpet. But the carpet wasn't really installed per se - a rectangle the size of the room had been cut out of carpet and just kind of put down. We moved the carpet one day and discovered a trap door. It had a ladder that went down to a "basement". I say it like that because it was just dirt, like someone had been like, "Hey, let's make a basement!" but started digging and said, "F this, too much work" and quit.

But also (we're still talking about the same property), we had a huge backyard. The strange part about that was there was this concrete square (about 2-3' x 2-3') with a concrete circle of the same thickness above it. But the two parts looked like they were connected, like it was all one piece. One day we had people over and one of our friends kicked/slid the circle and it moved! There was some kind of tunnel that went sideways in both directions. We weren't equipped in any way to explore it, but...WTF could it have been?!

Sorry for the tangent, but my point is that that was ONE house of countless, any of which could have these strange secrets - and that is right within the main college part of Bloomington. So between those kinds of places, the terrifying video Ixchel13 posted of that creepy abandoned house, and the surrounding rural areas.....the mind reels.

also wanted to add to everyone not from around here, Bloomington is surrounded by forests, land preserves, wilds, so it gets confusing. We talk about Brown County, but iirc, DM was on the edge of Brown County he may have been coming from more like Morgan Cty[JMW area] to the NE, Lake Lemon area (Yellow Wood Forest) is NE of Bloomington yet curls around and starts SE into Brown County (Hoosier Natl Forest) Just for a compass I am going to repost our map by YeahBabs.

My guess is that DM's attorney is trying to create "reasonable doubt" by any means possible.

Sorry. Replied to wrong post.

My guess is that DM's attorney is trying to create "reasonable doubt" by any means possible.

Sorry. Replied to wrong post.

and, DM could be saying there was an accomplice. got that from local gossip but it makes sense whether true or not

Strangely enough, my daughter and I turned on the TV at a hotel on I-90 in western NY and the first thing that came up was the "20/20" about LS. Nothing new there, obviously, but did a current female IU student really say that it was time to let it go? Grrrr.

@imkeylime yeah, that girl came off as jaw-droppingly insensitive and I have no doubt she will regret having that little sound byte preserved on film and viewed across the country. I can only hope she never has to experience firsthand the pain that the Spierer's have been living through.

It doesn't do much good, at least on first thought, to argue he had an accomplice and the police failed to figure that fact out. So let's think what the defense must be angling for... My guess:
That he didn't have his car that night. That he'd loaned it out or it was stolen (or borrowed without permission). Or a spin on that, and he was not in control of his car that night because he was heavily intoxicated, passed out, or arguably drugged, even if he was in the car.

I don't see any reason just to argue there's DNA from someone else if all it does is give him an accomplice he can't/won't name (or even if he does name them) or point to the police missing an unnamed accomplice. So he must be going to argue he wasn't in possession of, or control of, his vehicle that night.

This isn't even doing the weirdness of BTown justice. You all know much more about the rural areas surrounding the campus better than I do, but for anther example:

During my 2nd year at IU I lived in a very strange house at 2nd & Washington. It was maybe at one time divided into a couple of apartments, but walls were torn down and it was made into one house. I lived there with 2 other girls. One of them and I each had normal bedrooms, but the third was this tiny room. The rest of the house (except for this third "bedroom") had hardwood floors, but this room had carpet. But the carpet wasn't really installed per se - a rectangle the size of the room had been cut out of carpet and just kind of put down. We moved the carpet one day and discovered a trap door. It had a ladder that went down to a "basement". I say it like that because it was just dirt, like someone had been like, "Hey, let's make a basement!" but started digging and said, "F this, too much work" and quit.

But also (we're still talking about the same property), we had a huge backyard. The strange part about that was there was this concrete square (about 2-3' x 2-3') with a concrete circle of the same thickness above it. But the two parts looked like they were connected, like it was all one piece. One day we had people over and one of our friends kicked/slid the circle and it moved! There was some kind of tunnel that went sideways in both directions. We weren't equipped in any way to explore it, but...WTF could it have been?!

Sorry for the tangent, but my point is that that was ONE house of countless, any of which could have these strange secrets - and that is right within the main college part of Bloomington. So between those kinds of places, the terrifying video Ixchel13 posted of that creepy abandoned house, and the surrounding rural areas.....the mind reels.

That's totally just flippin' ..... Creepy. Do you know who owned it?

It doesn't do much good, at least on first thought, to argue he had an accomplice and the police failed to figure that fact out. So let's think what the defense must be angling for... My guess:
That he didn't have his car that night. That he'd loaned it out or it was stolen (or borrowed without permission). Or a spin on that, and he was not in control of his car that night because he was heavily intoxicated, passed out, or arguably drugged, even if he was in the car.

I don't see any reason just to argue there's DNA from someone else if all it does is give him an accomplice he can't/won't name (or even if he does name them) or point to the police missing an unnamed accomplice. So he must be going to argue he wasn't in possession of, or control of, his vehicle that night.

interesting. let me find my post about that. the guy I was talking to, his daughter was a witness, because she was working at Yogis the night HW was killed and she confirmed DM was in there.The guy was saying that people were saying he was drugged during the crime..,...IDK...

In my mind, even if he apprehended HW but didn't kill her, LWOP or DP.

Yes, someone may have been there too, I think on HWs thread I posted that the blood on the drivers side of the car might be DMs and LE downplayed his injuries to scratches on his arms on purpose.

HW was killed with DM.s MO. She was unceremoniously dumped in a yard, just like DM said he did to other [alive] victims.

She was injured in his car, and he drove to his house the next morning in his car.

At some point, he may have lost control of his vehicle, but then he got it back, he was with
the supposed accomplice, so you're right. Unless he can produce this accomplice {JMW}

he flies solo on these charges.

yeah, IMO, JMW is involved. And that's why the raid.

and the delay is so they can spill all of the beans possible on each other and everyone else they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93